50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Options

Replies

• jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    DjPeazy wrote: »
    This is my second time back originally the first time I was about 280 285 then went to 175 and back to 237 238 but now I'm at 228 so I have about 53 to 54 lbs to lose hopefully we can all learn from each other 😇🤗 so challenge accepted 💪😤

We know what we need to do, we just need to do it!!!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Nlifenow wrote: »
    Hi everyone.....just getting back into MFP and I really do need the support and accountability.

208 SW (5/25/20)
    190 First Goal
    150 Goal Weight

Looking forward to starting over and doing it with friends along the way.

Welcome!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Had a big cheat meal for dinner last night
    Now I’m paying..

Starting weight 211.8
    Current weight - 197.4
    Goal weight 150
    Target weekly loss: 2bs per week
    Actual gain from last week: 2

Me too my friend! Bday dinner from of Chang’s! Oh so good, but back on track today!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Aneisa
    I have 30 lbs that I want to lose.
    My starting weight was162
    Current Weight is 159
    Goal Weight is 130
    Target 1lb a week
    I've lost 3 but was fluctuating pretty tough there all of last week

I'm looking for support

We got you! Welcome!
  • carbonmade0428
    carbonmade0428 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @carbonmade0428 , @kathsk53 and @runa192009 - Welcome! This group is definitely helping me stay accountable

@signing_megs - Nice loss this week. Great plan to keep the momentum going.

Day 4 of 5 for me getting up early to walk and closing my exercise ring. I’m really hoping for a solid loss on Friday. I’m starting to feel less sluggish and good about the exercise. But every day closer to summer is getting hotter and I’m not sure what I am going to do when it’s over 100* at 6am. Need to make a plan. Maybe I’ll be ready to do some exercise videos by then.
    azkunk wrote: »
    @carbonmade0428 , @kathsk53 and @runa192009 - Welcome! This group is definitely helping me stay accountable

@signing_megs - Nice loss this week. Great plan to keep the momentum going.

Day 4 of 5 for me getting up early to walk and closing my exercise ring. I’m really hoping for a solid loss on Friday. I’m starting to feel less sluggish and good about the exercise. But every day closer to summer is getting hotter and I’m not sure what I am going to do when it’s over 100* at 6am. Need to make a plan. Maybe I’ll be ready to do some exercise videos by then.

• carbonmade0428
    Options
    Hello! I haven’t had time to read everyone’s posts but I’m checking in to hopefully start a regular pattern. This week was difficult with family needing a lot of help and I am posting to remind myself to start posting daily no matter what. I let myself get away with eating whatever I want because I
    I work out a lot, and justifying that is hurting all attempts to reach my goal of losing weight, or even starting on that track. This has been a long term pattern that I need to break. I’d like to start posting calorie intake but that’s difficult for me because I often feel like a failure if I’m over my limit. I’m working myself up mentally to do that because I think ultimately that would be the best way for me to stay accountable. Anyway THANK YOU for the warm welcome and I will start to read posts in the next few days to start to get to know everyone!
  • signing_megs
    signing_megs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in

Weight: 203.4
    Mini goal: 185 by the end of the summer
    Long term goal: 150

This week: I have been more active now that the weather is nicer which is helping me feel stronger and have more energy. I want to try and not eat all the calories earned by the extra activity. To be mindful and see if I really am “hungry” or if I am eating because I “earned it”.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hello, fellow peoples! i have just come back to mfp after a five or six year hiatus. bummer to be away so long, but gold star for being back, right? i am hoping to lose about 50 pounds too. last time around, i got within about 15 pounds of my goal weight, but when i didn't lose anything else for over a year, i became frustrated and gave up. of course, since then, i've gained back everything i lost and then some. i'm back at it with a hope to lose the weight like a want to, but trying to focus more on the benefits to my heart, lungs, strength and mobility. so here we go.

SW: 228.6
    CW: 226.4
    GW: 173
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I could use a new motivated group!!
    My ultimate high weight was 242. I lost down to 172 then back to 236 3/1/20. I’m down to 209 but want to get back to 170s or ultimate goal of 155.

HW 242
    LW 172
    Regain 236
    CW 209 - last Saturday
    GW 1- 170
    UGW- 155
  • carbonmade0428
    Options
    Just a check in- I hope everyone is doing well! My goal starting tomorrow is to start tracking calories which I haven’t been doing. Thank you for letting me join this group! I’m grateful to have a place where I can start to focus more on goals and have a sense of community.
    Positives from today were lots of water, lots of vegetables, and a long workout. Negatives were eating way too many calories overall, especially carbs. Working on increasing protein and decreasing carbs. Thank you again and have a good night!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    hello, fellow peoples! i have just come back to mfp after a five or six year hiatus. bummer to be away so long, but gold star for being back, right? i am hoping to lose about 50 pounds too. last time around, i got within about 15 pounds of my goal weight, but when i didn't lose anything else for over a year, i became frustrated and gave up. of course, since then, i've gained back everything i lost and then some. i'm back at it with a hope to lose the weight like a want to, but trying to focus more on the benefits to my heart, lungs, strength and mobility. so here we go.

SW: 228.6
    CW: 226.4
    GW: 173

Welcome
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I could use a new motivated group!!
    My ultimate high weight was 242. I lost down to 172 then back to 236 3/1/20. I’m down to 209 but want to get back to 170s or ultimate goal of 155.

HW 242
    LW 172
    Regain 236
    CW 209 - last Saturday
    GW 1- 170
    UGW- 155

Welcome!
  • ouija28
    ouija28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

172.4 starting weight (05/26/20)
    159 mini goal weight for 07/05/20 in about a month
    130 goal weight
    120 ideal goal weight (What I weighed at 19!!)
  • 4jumps
    4jumps Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope I can still join your group. Quarantine and stress eating have me up 23 pounds from this time last year. I’m looking to get back on track. I’m from Pittsburgh, Pa

Sw: 186
    Mini goal by August :smile: 166
    Goal weight: 145
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I love that everyone declares mini goals.

My mini goal is to be under 200 by 7/4. This is 5 weeks?? This can be done!!!!!
  • cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I haven’t had time to read everyone’s posts but I’m checking in to hopefully start a regular pattern. This week was difficult with family needing a lot of help and I am posting to remind myself to start posting daily no matter what. I let myself get away with eating whatever I want because I
    I work out a lot, and justifying that is hurting all attempts to reach my goal of losing weight, or even starting on that track. This has been a long term pattern that I need to break. I’d like to start posting calorie intake but that’s difficult for me because I often feel like a failure if I’m over my limit. I’m working myself up mentally to do that because I think ultimately that would be the best way for me to stay accountable. Anyway THANK YOU for the warm welcome and I will start to read posts in the next few days to start to get to know everyone!

I know what you mean. Going over always has such a sting. I've fallen off for a bit I'm back at it today. I did a restart and completed a 24hr fast to get my mind back in the right head space. I'm excited to keep trying. I hope everyone finds what they need in the group and are having a good start or streak going. If not try again! Take comfort knowing you're not the only one.
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    ouija28 wrote: »

172.4 starting weight (05/26/20)
    159 mini goal weight for 07/05/20 in about a month
    130 goal weight
    120 ideal goal weight (What I weighed at 19!!)

Welcome!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    4jumps wrote: »
    I hope I can still join your group. Quarantine and stress eating have me up 23 pounds from this time last year. I’m looking to get back on track. I’m from Pittsburgh, Pa

Sw: 186
    Mini goal by August :smile: 166
    Goal weight: 145

Welcome! I have family in Pittsburgh!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I love that everyone declares mini goals.

My mini goal is to be under 200 by 7/4. This is 5 weeks?? This can be done!!!!!

Mini goals= motivation!