May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Hugs @quilteryoyo

Finished up the month yesterday with a 14 mile run. I used Liquid IV in my water and felt it really made a difference. Monthly total at 131.5 miles surpassing my conservative 110 mile goal.

@Faebert - I echo your sentiments for June!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks @Teresa502 , @Elise4270 and @shanaber . Yes, I do have permission to speak to both mom and dad's caregivers. I had called and made sure the nurses knew that he doesn't hear/understand well and asked them to make sure he knew what they were asking him. I just hadn't thought about his arthritis. He's doing better today. Just hasn't seen the cardiologist yet. Hopefully we'll get some answers tomorrow, if not sooner.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    5/1 – 3
    5/2 – 3
    5/3 – 3
    5/4 – 3
    5/5 – 0
    5/6 – 2
    5/7 – 4
    5/8 – 4
    5/9 – 3
    5/10 – 10K Mother’s Day virtual
    5/11 - 2
    5/12 – 3
    5/13 – 2
    5/14 – 5
    5/15 – 4
    5/16 – 5
    5/17 - 5
    5/18 - 2 - it's Skip's birthday so I ran 2.0 in honor of her turning 20
    5/19 – 4
    5/20 - 4
    5/21 - 4
    5/22 - 3
    5/23 - 6
    5/24 - 6
    5/25 – 5
    5/26 – 5
    5/27 – 5
    5/28 – 5
    5/29 - 5
    5/30 - 5
    5/31 - 5

128 of 50 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May
    The Big Run - June 3
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    @quilteryoyo so sorry you had to experience that. It had to have been scary and heartbreaking. I’m glad your dad is alright, but good you had the courage to have the convo. Hugs.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Great run @katharmonic ! And great total for the month. Glad you are able to get your hair done tomorrow.

@pfprimo You had a great May! See you on the June thread.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Did not make goal this month, but had taken a week out when sick... still not exactly sure what it was, but seems like some sort of food-borne bacteria of some sort. Doesn't matter, I'm better now.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Great job everyone making goal for May or just getting up off the couch and doing what you could.

@hanlonsk - I don't think any of us have any expectations that you won't make your goal - we are just rooting for you to be able to do the best you can.

@alphahowls - I love @tramboman's analysis that you have run halfway around the world! Wow really puts it into perspective! Definitely 'dew claws up!'

Oh @kgirlhart! I am so sad for you and your family! I think we were all so relieved when you said before that she was doing better. It really does seem so unfair!

@juliet3455 - that does look like an impressive amount of mud that you brought home with you! Hope the tail bone and ankle are not too banged up!

So many curfews all over here in the states... We haven't had any protests too near me (1 city over though) and I finally had to just turn off the tv today of all the coverage. They were showing Long Beach, CA people destroying stores in a mall as well as many small local shops. I am all for protests, even angry protests but this was just using the protest as an excuse to be unlawful and do some serious damage. I just hope the business owners everywhere can recover.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Way behind, been in a fug recently, probably due to being stuck back inside again apart from essential shopping because I can't bear the thought of trying to run in a mask, and they're now obligatory here.

Hugs to everyone who needs them and especially to @quilteryoyo . One of the things I'm struggling with the most in this current situation is the fact that I live in a diffferent country to my father and his whole family, so I wouldn't be able to get to them if anything happened, and a different province to my mother, who lives alone, so even if she got sick she would be on her own.

Running.... Made 145.3km in May. Goal was 140. I think that was my most in a month ever. At least since I use Garmin.
    Also did some yoga every day of the month.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @kgirlhart I am so sorry to hear about your aunt.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @kgirlhart I am so sorry for your loss :(
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @hanlonsk right there with you. Did not make my goal this month either and lost 2-3 weeks off my training cycle I am sure. It stinks, but we carry on. :)

@quilteryoyo Glad your dad has you to fight for him. Sorry, you have to go through this though.

@rheddmobile Sorry about the curfew, but glad you are safe. We are just far enough outside of Pittsburg that the protests will not impact us and thanks to COVID I do not have to drive into work right now.

@Teresa502 @hamsterwheel6 @pfprimo @kgirlhart @katharmonic and the rest of you, great job on your goals this month!