WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Heather - WOW, I had not realized your son had improved his health so much or so obviously. He also looks so much happier!

CJ - Welcome back!
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Lisa in AR, what a dear picture! Was it made in celebration of some event? Looks so festive! | Glad to hear you are tracking again, BTW. I was given some fudge and I can’t not eat it. Fortunately my posts of shame should end tomorrow. I faithfully record every item that goes in my mouth and every weigh in, which is almost every day. | The candy hasn’t even helped me gain from the surgery weight loss, darn it.
    Sharon Near Seattle

Sharon - my niece is a professional and does a series of Princess photography sessions every year for little girls (and big ones, I assume :) , and sells out every session, so I'm sure it was basically advertising for her. Her son is all boy, snips, snails, puppy dog tails, mud, frogs and deliberate spit bubbles, so I'm a little surprised she was able to keep him clean long enough to get the picture! I am faithfully recording my food, yes, because when I think "oh to heck with this, I'm not going to write down that I've eaten that!" is when I start truly sliding back into the pit and give up entirely. As long as I'm owning it, I can lose slowly but surely by goosing my mind back into the right groove. It worries me a bit that you've gone that low, it sounds like excessive malabsorption - what is your doc saying about it?

Heather - my state's COVID cases continue to rise slowly as well, but the two counties where we spend all our time have had only a few cases and no deaths. I fully expect to see the rise continue, as Monday will be two weeks since Memorial Day, which saw a lot of people who were violating the social distancing requests, and then more rises in cases to come after that due to all the protests. People aren't wearing masks, they're yelling, they're not staying six feet apart, and it's just a recipe for the spread of infection.

I think I'll just stay home a while longer.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    I fully expect to see the rise continue, as Monday will be two weeks since Memorial Day, which saw a lot of people who were violating the social distancing requests, and then more rises in cases to come after that due to all the protests. People aren't wearing masks, they're yelling, they're not staying six feet apart, and it's just a recipe for the spread of infection.

I think I'll just stay home a while longer.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

M in Oz

• Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Welcome to the newbies. Exercising(walking) has come to a halt for 2 wks. now. I have pain in lower back and just under butt that goes down to knee and I almost fall. This stinks. Had xrays of right hip and knees, now waiting for dr. I'm calling again today. Weather has been great. Went to local health center just after it reopened to get weighed. I lost another 3 lbs. I'm now UNDER 170!!!!! Have not watched my girls in 3 weeks and it has been heavenly. I stay away completely when I can. Did go yesterday to plant pepper plants and then home in rainstorm. Today my oldest son & DIL are coming for the weekend. WE love to cook when together.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. Take care.
    Maarianne-WV
  • Mesnowprincess
    Mesnowprincess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, so glad to join this group thanks. This is my first week back to full time and i did't realize how much i missed the schedule. I started back Wensday and will be adding light exercise this weekend. Maritill I had pain like that and found out i have a crushed disk in my back. I have muscle relaxers for the night time and use Advil during the day. when i started to stand more and sleep with only one pillow it is rare i have it or need pills. that is why i will be walking and stretching to extend my back where sitting at me desk shortens my back. Of course i am not a doctor, but it took going to a new doctor to find this out cause she listened to me not just thought i wanted pills. Have a great week end everyone. Carol
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    auntiebk he says it's called soft wash. I will get his name and number. I don't know where you live and how far he travels
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) Jake's homemade bread turned out great. We drove over to bring a loaf to our friend who brought us the pecans from Texas. On the way home, I told Jake to drive through the drive-through at Dairy Queen and buy himself a Blizzard (he got Reece's) He has wanted one for awhile. Later I took a slice of bread to my very sweet neighbor. I have two slices in a bag to give to my walking friend this morning.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    auntiebk regal drywall - 253-222-8273. that's the name of the company. John is the guy worked on the house . found him on Angie's list
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    These are brave women:

The Reverend Gini Gerbasi and trauma nurse/seminarian Julia Joyce Domenick.

On the front lines, doing their jobs despite adversity.

hiimcm02ym7v.png

>>>

The Reverend Gini Gerbasi:

xl9xya10db2i.png
  • LisaInAR
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening (again), to all,

Wading through the transition week after leaving my job, I've veered wildly from being incredibly grateful that I could quit to being incredibly apprehensive that I did. These will both pass. I'm simply trying not to do what I've always done in my reasonably rare periods of unemployment and pile stress on myself.

Struggling to sleep the last couple of nights as the left knee begins throbbing the moment I lie down, and finding a position where it will stop has become almost impossible. When I finally do doze off, the moment I move, the pain wakes me. Last night, I finally got up about 11 and got in the recliner and was able to find that comfortable position. Did some checking, and yes, it's probably from overuse, and yes, it's probably the fact that it's already bone on bone. However, I'm already taking massive doses of anti-inflammatories for arthritis in all my joints, and can't really increase those. Won't take opiates, so that's out. Already using kinetic tape on both knees to provide stability and balance on both sides, and ice packs did zero good the first night.

There is some thought that a knee pillow will be of help, and that's the next thing I'll try tonight. And, if worst comes to worst, get up and sleep in the recliner. Oddly enough, there is little to no pain during the day, unless I just sit still too long and the knee stiffens up. When I'm up and moving around on it, there's no pain at all. There was no pain working for 30 minutes straight on the elliptical, either, this morning or any morning.

But, I'm going to go dig up the physical therapy exercises they gave me for my right knee replacement a little over a year ago and start strengthening my quads, etc., for both knees. The writing is on the wall for getting the left one replaced, but as I'm with the VA, they will insist on me being 25 pounds lighter than I am right now. Might as well get that done first.

Shower time, then the day rolls out in front of me with only me to decide what I will and won't do. Weird. :smiley: I'll get used to it.

Hugs to those who need them, welcome to the ones who are new,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) Jake is off to the grocery store for a solo shopping trip as soon as they open. I didn't know he needed onions to make mole so we don't have any. I suggested that he buy a few of the things on the list rather than going for just one item, so we selected a few from the list that are things he uses and will know what brand and how much to buy. When he first looked at the list, he told me he could get everything, then I pointed out that there was a much longer second page. I'll go next week for a really big shopping.

:)Lisa, Both Jake and I have had several times of injury when sleeping in the recliner was far superior to sleeping in bed. I wish you the best with your knee.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Oh Janetr, so sorry. <3:'(<3 Sending you and your family love. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a hard day, the only good thing was I didn't derail with my eating, however I didn't workout at all. My brother in law passed yesterday, his wife my sister, passed exactly 7 months ago yesterday just short of their 55th wedding anniversary. Then my daughter called and my two month old great-grandson, Jaxx, is having little seizures they will be doing testing to check for epilepsy and whatever may be the cause. Please remember baby Jaxx in your thoughts and prayers.

Love you my friends <3

Janetr OKC

Thinking of you and your family, my friend. Hope the news is good with Jaxx.
  • Mesnowprincess
    Mesnowprincess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Janet7476 I am saying a pray for you and your family.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet OKC: I am so sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law. :broken_heart: Hoping for good news for baby Jaxx and for your entire family. :heart:

Machka: I believe you will do extremely well on your exam. Nice photo of your home and kitty. :star:

Today is our town's High School Graduation. There will be a graduation drive through diploma ceremony from 12pm to 4 pm at the County Courthouse. This is the same location as the peace gathering the other day. Graduation will create lots of traffic a block from us. Weather looks cloudy but dry. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience for this group. They seem to be great kids.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon