What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Neel9290
    Neel9290 Posts: 2 Member
    for today i followed a 15 min abs video , if i ever got reborn as a guy i would like to imagine him being my body goal lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p8EBPVZ2Iw
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Today was my second run test of the week, a 10k. Did the run in the early am to try to minimize the effects of today's heat and humidity. Now its time to rehydrate.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Fri 6/5

MORNING
    14.5 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines. Wanted to go more, but had to cut it short, last 3 miles in pouring rain.

AFTERNOON
    41 Chin ups( in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)
    Full body weight training
  • nighthawk584
    alexmose wrote: »
    Walked 3 miles in intense heat w my mom but we felt dizzy and faint. Sitting down for a bit to recover.

Be careful in the heat...drink more than enough water or sports drink
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    edited June 2020
    Walked 3 miles in intense heat w my mom but we felt dizzy and faint. Sitting down for a bit to recover.

Just to add, also enough electrolytes. A few years ago, I learned that the hard way. Was at my computer and all of a sudden my peripheral vision went. Before long, I could hardly see anything. Thought I was having a stroke. Scared the bejesus out of me. Turns out it was my first bad migraine. Went to the eye doc (because at slight risk of glaucoma as well) and he just chuckled and said, "we got our first migraine of the Summer".

I drink a ton of water, so I didn't feel that was it, but he also asked my much I sweat and if it was salty, etc. He strongly recommended I take an electrolyte pill or capsule after each hard sweat, especially in the Summer months.

I get this really cheap one (some are ridiculously priced) in tablet form. It's meant for overheating in factories but works great also for working out. Medique Medi-Lyte is the one I use. I swear, if I forget it, my recoveries aren't as fast. Feel much better when I remember to take two after a hard sweat. My cramps also went away after I started taking these. I used to have cramps in the middle of the night a lot. Those are all gone as well now.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member

Just to add, also enough electrolytes. A few years ago, I learned that the hard way. Was at my computer and all of a sudden my peripheral vision went. Before long, I could hardly see anything. Thought I was having a stroke. Scared the bejesus out of me. Turns out it was my first bad migraine. Went to the eye doc (because at slight risk of glaucoma as well) and he just chuckled and said, "we got our first migraine of the Summer".

I drink a ton of water, so I didn't feel that was it, but he also asked my much I sweat and if it was salty, etc. He strongly recommended I take an electrolyte pill or capsule after each hard sweat, especially in the Summer months.

I get this really cheap one (some are ridiculously priced) in tablet form. It's meant for overheating in factories but works great also for working out. Medique Medi-Lyte is the one I use. I swear, if I forget it, my recoveries aren't as fast. Feel much better when I remember to take two after a hard sweat. My cramps also went away after I started taking these. I used to have cramps in the middle of the night a lot. Those are all gone as well now.

Ty no drank a gallon of Gatorade which obvi made me feel sick. Unfortunately that was all my Gatorade for the next few days. Perhaps I’ll stop at a Mart for electrolytes.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I woke up early and got some stuff done within a couple of minutes after morning prayers 'n such...

AM (before work)
    * Lower body workout (squats, deads, traveling lunges, etc) over about 30 min
    * Ran (ok, ok, jogged) 21 flights of stairs

PM
    * Walked ~8 km over two walks: one at lunch and one after work was done
  • SoniaHuelsenbeck
    SoniaHuelsenbeck Posts: 1 Member
    24 hard minutes on the Concept 2 Rower.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    6 mile run, it was cool enough today that I could sleep till 8:30 before starting!
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    uuvacxjmh9t7.jpeg
    0g14z1it9bbt.jpeg
    Back day with some core circuits thrown in
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Ran one of my favorite local trails this morning.

9rdfmv3z3bbn.jpg
  • nighthawk584
    Sat 6/6

MORNING
    20 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

AFTERNOON
    40 Chin ups, 100 Push ups (both in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Not a dang thing since it's a rest day. I had some walking to do to get my errands done (~10k steps) and I biked to the gardening store early in the morning for calendula, echinacea, and marigolds plants to propagate at home for making my herbal concoctions.
  • pins1982
    pins1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Two Chloe ting workouts
  • nighthawk584
    Sun 6/7

MORNING
    40 Chin ups, 102 Push ups (both in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)
    20.7 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

I started very early this morning. The humidity is horrible and the wind didn't help either, but I pushed through and had a great workout. I'm done....just going to chill in the AC the rest of the day!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    This morning was a couple of hours spent on the water kayaking with my boys. More fun than exercise, but at least we got some vitamin D. If I manage to finish my paper soon, I might go for a short bike ride (and then reward myself and the fam for a job well done with steamed crabs for dinner).

@nighthawk584 - way to go!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Well, this past weekend I visited my parents and was supposed to be restful and relaxing. BS!!! They kept me busy w short bike rides and walks, I kept 20K steps/day!! Today is truly rest. MAYBE a walk later but with this humidity and allergies getting me, who knows.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    My workout for the past two days was clearing about 300 square feet of head-high brush with a 6" brush cutter blade and a rake.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    JimDew wrote: »
    Replacing hot water tank and cleaning up mess from the broken one. Find that workout in the MFP list!!!

Ugh

"Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort" or "Cleaning, light, moderate effort"? And the Compendium of Physical Activities puts general plumbing in about that same METS range, so good either way. ;)

Don't worry, kidding around. :lol: