Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• riffraff2112riffraff2112 Posts: 1,519Member Member Posts: 1,519Member Member
    Today was chest day. Life was good today.
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 174Member Member Posts: 174Member Member
    15 min stretches, 10 min cardio on elliptical, 45 minutes strength training lower body, 60 minutes weighted aerobics, another 15 min deliberate strength training to exhaustion, cool down...
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,508Member Member Posts: 1,508Member Member
    Thursday :

30min PT, omg I hated her after this. Was supposed to have been 400m runs interspersed with 50 squat jumps, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups, but ended up being more like 1/2 mile runs. And not at my pace, oh no, she pushed me right out of my comfort zone to run at a pace of her choosing.

Then I went to the gym and had my first real leg workout in ages. Now I'm not training for a race I can do proper leg burners and I concentrated on the bum and hips, although did also do work for the rest of the legs. Was all about endurance and the burn rather than heavy weights, so little 20 no rest between sets.

Started with deep (bum to floor) squats
    5 each of 20/22.5/25/27.5/30/32.5/35/37.5kg

Then first superset using the 10kg bar (no rest between sets)
    3x10 straight leg deadlifts/sumo squats/lunges (each leg)

Followed by
    3x1min wall sit (30sec rest between sits)

Then the next superset (again no rest)

3x10 donkey kicks/fire hydrants/leg extensions. Moving immediately from one leg to the other no rest.

3rd superset
    3x10 hip circle/leg raise/reverse hip circle. Again no rest plus 10 glute bridges during each transition.

Then did some single leg and balancing work.

3x10 curtsey squat with a leg raise (holding raise for count of 5) followed by
    3x10 single leg deadlift with knee raise (holding raise for count of 5)

Finished the work section off with 10min on the spin bike, 20sec standing sprints/40sec active rest.

Then had a deep stretch.

20min piyo define upper body

1.5mile run taking in my challenge hill

1hr class - was a mash up, tabata meets barbell meets abs
    10×3
  • sarko15sarko15 Posts: 326Member Member Posts: 326Member Member
    Warm up:
    5 min on helix lateral machine

StrongLifts workout B:
    5x5 squats
    5x5 overhead press
    1x5 deadlift

Cool down/isolation:
    30 sec each foot balancing on bosu ball
    15 min stationary bike

Didn't do as many workouts as I usually do today. Honestly coming off of 6 days in a row at the gym -- my body is telling me I need a day off, which will be tomorrow, though my partner and I will be going to a fall corn maze once I get off of work, so it'll be active recovery.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 36,942Member Member Posts: 36,942Member Member
    Don't know yet...I'm meeting with my trainer at 4 this afternoon, so I won't know until then.
  • BillM1976BillM1976 Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Leg day and 5 mile run. Have a great day!
    Friday.

1hr with trainer, she said I was gonna hate her the last few days and I have. Combination of on the minute every minute burpees (starting from 1 up to 20) and trx exercises (squats with knee raise/press/shoulder press/side lunge hop/tricep extensions/Arnold press/side bends/frogger hops). Then a finisher of 5 rounds 10 squat jumps/10 high knees. Ended up doing 210 burpees!!!

5k run, taking in my challenge hill plus a couple more hills. The DOMS from yesterday had kicked in big style and it was all I could do to keep moving.

Total Body Conditioning- almost back to form in the upper body exercises now. And finding the core sections are steadily getting easier (or they would be if someone didnt add extra twists for me like changing position of my arms in back extensions and leg raises).

2 rounds of beachbody on demand piyo.
    Core - was dreading this and didnt think I'd get through it but I did. I really am crediting the 2 weeks of daily piyo I've done so far for the improvements in my core strength.

Stretch and flow - needed a.good stretch and love the flow rounds for that.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 1,038Member Member Posts: 1,038Member Member
    60 minutes of moderately easy cardio today. 30 minutes on the Indoor Rower, then 30 minutes on the Air Bike. That white ball of fluff is my son's dog, Floyd, we're watching for a few months. He was at the foot of the AirBike with the wind in his hair!

y599cufl4bd3.jpg
    9q4wt66kv344.png
    qcuctp41cclv.png

edited October 18
  • notapilgrimnotapilgrim Posts: 65Member Member Posts: 65Member Member
    Superset front squats/shoulder press for 20 minutes.
    5 minutes rest.
    Superset delt row pushups/curls for 15 minutes.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,126Member Member Posts: 3,126Member Member
    I haven't quite figured out how to force myself to go to the weight room when it's not for my class yet and I had zero time to do the 90 min TrainerRoad session I had planned. Rest day for me, but tomorrow is going to be anything but.
  • fairytale_babefairytale_babe Posts: 391Member Member Posts: 391Member Member
    Rest day but will be doing cardio later this afternoon
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 174Member Member Posts: 174Member Member
    Usual stretch, cardio warm-up, upper body workout (chest, upper back, lower back, arms, abs) one hour+ of weight training, progressed to higher weights with kettle bells also, and PT exercises with BFR band to failure.
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Posts: 288Member, Premium Member Posts: 288Member, Premium Member
    More of a rest day today- but had to burn some calories so did some vigorous walking!
  • CyberbartenderCyberbartender Posts: 214Member Member Posts: 214Member Member
    Well "only" 32 km on my bike 1036 kcal. Actually not bad at all :)

uf0vyzuyxi6t.jpg
    d4bqymsethmk.jpg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,126Member Member Posts: 3,126Member Member
    12km in my quad line up. Did a 6km club head race and got second out of three of the quads. We only got waked once which is nice (and it was less awful than I thought it'd be).
  • JB1775JB1775 Posts: 123Member, Premium Member Posts: 123Member, Premium Member
    4 rounds for time:

200 meter run w/ sandbag (50 lbs)
    5 power cleans (155)
    20 push -ups
    40 air squats
    3 runs today.

Started with parkrun. (The Castle)

Then another 3.1miles in the form of the elephant social run. Extra proud of this, I'm autistic and dont run with people. I had every intention of wearing my earphones and running by myself (even though it was a social run). Ended up running the whole thing with someone, no music, and I was chatting.

opmzinkzdawb.jpg

Final run was the 2 mile loop that takes in my challenge hill which i did in the dark.

Wouldnt normally run three times in a day, but it was a good experience and gave me an idea of where i am when it comes to training for the 24hr relay in May

• KDBismeKDBisme Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    I did 52 minutes of WERQ (dance fitness). So much fun! I'm able to keep an average heart rate of 168 during class and I am a sweaty mess when we're done.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,486Member Member Posts: 12,486Member Member
    Rest day due to AM weather yesterday (went to the local zoo in the afternoon, so more walking than I usually do, but super casual).

Back on the river rowing the double again this AM, down in the 30s F first thing, but no frost to make the dock slippery, plus sun when the trees didn't block it, and negligible wind.

Fall colors just getting started, a bright tree or small group here and there, still mostly green and leafy. We're running out of season, though . . . . :cry:
  • StefsimsStefsims Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Kickboxing class at gym (40 minute high intensity).

Current Weight: 176.3
    Goal Weight: 150.0