Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• SoniaHuelsenbeckSoniaHuelsenbeck Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    24 hard minutes on the Concept 2 Rower.
  • JimDewJimDew Member Posts: 957 Member Member Posts: 957 Member
    anlzxyebkucu.png

Cut the grass when I got home too.
  • ShortgirlrunningShortgirlrunning Member Posts: 986 Member Member Posts: 986 Member
    6 mile run, it was cool enough today that I could sleep till 8:30 before starting!
  • beastierbeastier Member Posts: 1,891 Member Member Posts: 1,891 Member
    uuvacxjmh9t7.jpeg
    0g14z1it9bbt.jpeg
    Back day with some core circuits thrown in
  • pfprimopfprimo Member Posts: 90 Member Member Posts: 90 Member
    Ran one of my favorite local trails this morning.

9rdfmv3z3bbn.jpg
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,944 Member Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Sat 6/6

MORNING
    20 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

AFTERNOON
    40 Chin ups, 100 Push ups (both in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,923 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,923 Member
    Not a dang thing since it's a rest day. I had some walking to do to get my errands done (~10k steps) and I biked to the gardening store early in the morning for calendula, echinacea, and marigolds plants to propagate at home for making my herbal concoctions.
  • pins1982pins1982 Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    Two Chloe ting workouts
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,944 Member Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Sun 6/7

MORNING
    40 Chin ups, 102 Push ups (both in sets to failure with minimal rest between sets)
    20.7 miles on mountain bike trails. Vigorous with many inclines.

I started very early this morning. The humidity is horrible and the wind didn't help either, but I pushed through and had a great workout. I'm done....just going to chill in the AC the rest of the day!
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,142 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,142 MFP Moderator
    This morning was a couple of hours spent on the water kayaking with my boys. More fun than exercise, but at least we got some vitamin D. If I manage to finish my paper soon, I might go for a short bike ride (and then reward myself and the fam for a job well done with steamed crabs for dinner).

@nighthawk584 - way to go!
  • JimDewJimDew Member Posts: 957 Member Member Posts: 957 Member
    Replacing hot water tank and cleaning up mess from the broken one. Find that workout in the MFP list!!!

Ugh
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 627 Member Member Posts: 627 Member
    Well, this past weekend I visited my parents and was supposed to be restful and relaxing. BS!!! They kept me busy w short bike rides and walks, I kept 20K steps/day!! Today is truly rest. MAYBE a walk later but with this humidity and allergies getting me, who knows.
  • hawkeye45_hawkeye45_ Member Posts: 547 Member Member Posts: 547 Member
    My workout for the past two days was clearing about 300 square feet of head-high brush with a 6" brush cutter blade and a rake.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 15,942 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,942 Member
    JimDew wrote: »
    Replacing hot water tank and cleaning up mess from the broken one. Find that workout in the MFP list!!!

Ugh

"Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort" or "Cleaning, light, moderate effort"? And the Compendium of Physical Activities puts general plumbing in about that same METS range, so good either way. ;)

Don't worry, kidding around. :lol:
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 451 Member Member, Premium Posts: 451 Member
    I did an hour's yoga just after breakfast

Then I had a bit of a climb this afternoon. It was fun. With warm up and warm down, it ended up being just under three hours.

I did an evening walk, which left my plan of doing a minor bulk off to quite a bad start. I ate 3,200 calories, but was still nearly 500 below exercise adjusted target.

Anyway, here is me climbing:
  • pfprimopfprimo Member Posts: 90 Member Member Posts: 90 Member
    Ran 10 miles yesterday so today was supposed to be a rest day. Pressure-washed the patio and then got motivated to run 4.5 miles around my community.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,642 Member Member Posts: 1,642 Member
    Too much smoke in the air. Two huge wildfires near Tucson from lightening the other night. Both are nearly 1000 acres now and one is growing rapidly.

Did 30 minutes on the AD Pro and 30 on the LateralX, which actually worked for calorie count today, which is really odd. 350 calories in 30 minutes, which is about right. I guess I was just on fire the other day burning 800 calories in less than 8 minutes! Must have been a glitch.
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,839 Member Member Posts: 1,839 Member
    x1u93j3iyrmc.jpg

That max speed tho
    edited June 8
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,642 Member Member Posts: 1,642 Member
    Some progress on the local huge fire today -- 10% contained but the hotshots are fighting massive winds, which doesn't helps. I did get my row in this AM. Nice temperatures and favorable winds not blowing the smoke toward my house. Those guys that fight these fires are pretty impressive. They are going to be dropped in by helicopter today and fortify lines to keep it from spreading. Went from 150 acres to 1500 acres in two days. Dramatic pics of the mountains on fire here.

One hour row today, all keeping HR under 140. Shouldn't have gotten that high, to be honest, but I pushed a bit early on and my legs were sore from the LateralX machine yesterday. Temps were great - 67 degrees. Other than the fires, we've had some nice cooling temps. Back to hot by Wednesday again. 2:30 pace/20 SPM average. Big drop in pace on the second half. I upped the Drag factor a bit, that had some effect.