What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    A short, really stupid circuit in a hotel fitness room, imvolving some stationary bike, a poorly configured cable weight machine, and some of those weighted rubber balls with a sort of handle molded into the top.

Sigh, + :lol: .
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    BOOTCAMP seboatxelzj6.jpeg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sat 10/12: 200 pushups & 45 min spin bike
    Today REST DAY
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    10 km run and a walk to an from the restaurant later in the evening (about 2km each way)
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    90 minute ballet class. So many jumps!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Helped my brother move to a new house. No gym needed today :(
  • sherevans2018
    sherevans2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Morning Meltdown Workout 1 today!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    1hr beachbody on demand piyo live. - needed a good stretch and this is one of the best ways to do it.

2mile night run taking in my challenge hill. Day 12 of 30 today, and the furthest I've run in the dark on my own.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Walked to the lighthouse and back, 4.25 miles, then spent an hour digging up a shrub on the side of the house that was a nuisance. Yesterday did 30 minutes circuit training and 45 minutes of treadmill.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    it was my rest day, but I got bored and did 40 mins cardio on spin bike and 100 pushups.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Wasn't able to log it here yesterday, but a bit over an hour ocean swim in choppy water, followed by a 40 minute hike, and the usual stretching/warm-up/cool-down exercises.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Warm up:
    5 min lateral helix machine on lowest setting
    3×10 front flies with 10 lb dumbbells

StrongLifts workout B:
    5×5 Squats @ 70 lbs (can def increase 5his next time)
    5×5 Overhead press @ 30 lbs (can def increase this)
    2×5 Deadlift @ 95 lbs

30 sec balance on bosu each foot
    3×10 crunches on bosu

Cool down/cardio:
    15 min elliptical
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    90 minutes or so of cardio at the gym - 25 minutes on the rower, 15 on the Stairmaster, 10 minutes on the Endless Rope Machine, 30 on the bike. 1150 or so calories. Pretty easy stuff.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went a bit silly today. I did:
    1 hour of yoga
    2 hours of bouldering ,(average session - only 1 new hard route).
    8 mile walk
    1 hour of weights (bench 55 kgs; squat 80 kgs).

I am now tired and hungry.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    American Lake regatta. 5k not including warm up/getting to the start. Was a really fun race in a great boat and amazing conditions. Would do again.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Rest day today. 20 minutes of stretching, 30 minutes walking (carrying a backpack and one cardboard box of groceries home)!
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    45 min LISS on the elliptical today
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    About 7K rowing in bow of a quad. Temps in the lower 40s, wore my pogies** for the first time this Fall. Everyone was trying to work on stuff from the coached clinic a week back, which led to poorer synchronization down the boat (only so many things people can keep front of mind simultaneously, especially the newer rowers who don't have a muscle-memory foundation of basics) . . . so, kind of a ragged row, overall, but still fun.

Just back from an indulge-y weekend in a non-vegetarian-optimal region, at a sit-too-much but fun arts workshop. Back at normal activity, I feel like I'm in rehab. :lol:

** It's a weird mitten-y thing that goes over the oar handle, and you stick your hand inside through a wrist-cuff to keep your fingers cozy and warm while rowing. Fingers/hands directly on the oar handle, pogie envelops both hand and oar handle.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    5 Tibetan Rites
    Meditate

1-2 pm:
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (23m30s)
    5 rep every 1m30s (75)
    Core Conditioning
    Low Crow Hold - 5 x 30s (2m30s)
    Half Bridge - 5 x 30s (2m30s)
    Pancake Stretch - 5 x 30s (2m30s)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Monday. (Get moving Monday has turned in to kick up the bum monday now I have no sunday races)

30min session with PT - not the most pleasant. Boxing to warm up then the main event. Starting at 10 working down to 1 and then back up, amrap.
    Punches
    Jacks
    Press ups
    Froggers
    Shoulder taps
    Squat jumps
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Star jumps
    Sprint.

Did 3 rounds followed by 3 minutes of 3.burpees, 10 squat jumps, 10 lunge jumps. Told you it wasnt fun.

Then went to the gym, started with some fairly steady state cardio. 20min on recumbent bike, 20min elliptical, 14min rower (I'm allowed to increase the time on this by 2min 2-3x a week until I get to 20min then I can up the dampener and drop the time back down to 10min and start increasing again).

Followed on with some arm and shoulder work. Weights are still ridiculously light 10kg bar for compound lifts (and bi curls), 2-3kg for isolation, but I dont want my elbow injury to reoccur so I'm taking it slowly.

Was supposed to have run 5miles, but i got.soaked in PT and it was still raining so i just did 2 miles, taking in my challenge hill. I'm crazy close to hitting 1000miles in 2019 now, as in less than 9 miles to go.

45 min beachbody on demand PiYo workout to stretch out and relax.

45min circuits class.