Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    @ZizzyBumble Congrats on making a good choice and avoiding the big drink. I’ve been in the same situation, it’s hard in the moment, but as you noted, it doesn’t solve the actual problem!

@pridesabtch Congratulations on your Peloton ride! 🎉 🍾 Hope it feels as good as it should!

@Snowflake1968 Congratulations for staying in the green! You’re moving and you’re meeting your eating goals, that’s big.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 5 June

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit goals >:) circumstances dictated otherwise.

Complete home delivery shopping order and plan meals for the week ✅. Delivery is this morning, they were out of stock on the white wine I’d requested and haven’t made a substitution so I’m definitely on rations for the next week! (I can’t go shopping as I’m shielding as I’m caring for my terminally ill mum)

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 6 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit goals
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member

JFT - Friday
    15k steps 👍
    Log everything 👍
    Stay within calorie target 👍
    Run after work👎 long old day at work

JFT - Saturday
    15k steps
    Log everything
    Stay within calorie target
    7hrs sleep

@Snowflake1968 , Swimming is lovely! I hope the pools are able to open on your area soon. I try to have a lunchtime walk to stop me being too grumpy!

@cesse47 , the video you do looks great! I’m sure you’ll get to the 10 minutes soon and be upping your weights! I would recommend a class when they’re able to open - it’s really handy to have someone check your form I think.

I hope everyone has a great day today. So many amazing commitments and achievements! I’m going to try and do some meal prepping this weekend after reading the posts here x

[/quote]

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    @Snowflake1968, we have just had restrictions lifted enough to allow us to meet family, but it has to be outside only. Before, the weather was really sunny, but now it is quite rainy and cold :)

JFT Friday 5th June

Log everything Yes, still in the red, but only by 100 cals
    Back exercises Yes
    Drink enough Yes
    Walk in evening No, weather was bad but no excuses
    Finish painting Yes! Can finally put all the painting things away
    Some chores to help parents. This is difficult right now, as they are shielding and I'm not meant to go into their house. Lots of phone calls and swapping things on the doorstep. Some, more today

JFT Saturday 6th June

Log everything
    Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Walk
    Tidy the house
    Garden if weather improves
    Cut lawn

Not sure what I'll do today. It's funny how weekends still feel different, even though I can't work right now and every day is the same! I'm tired, as I've been awake in the night with toothache the last few nights. Trying to treat it myself as dentists are all closed.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Friday
    Pharmacy✅
    Lowe’s after work✅
    Log all food✅
    2 beer max❌😂
    Try to stay less than 1000 over green❌
    No bike or trainer (need a rest day)✅
    Mow lawn ? This has to get done this weekend sometime❌

I bet you guys can’t guess what delicious little peanut and chocolate w/ a hard covered candy shell hand made by the devil himself got me once again.

Saturday goals
    Stay green
    100 pull-ups
    100 push-ups
    2 hr trainer ride
    No m&ms
    Two beer max
    Mow lawn
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    I highly recommend weight training for everyone thinking about it. I started weight training a few months ago. I do the Strong Lifts 5x5 program. I’ve never had a trainer, so I feel like I’m still working on my form, but I’m definitely getting stronger and I love that.

FRIDAY:
    - Homeschool 🟢
    - Log everything🔴
    - Stay green🔴
    - Exercise (weights)🔴
    - Two virtual classes🟢🟢
    - Bday parade🟢

JFT SATURDAY:
    - Log everything/stay green
    - Exercise (weights & cardio)
    - See my niece for her 1st communion
    - More landscaping
    - House chores

Be well! 💕
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member
    JFT
    - weigh ✅ lost 2.5 pounds this week
    - Friday morning meeting. :smiley: Yawn
    - Work on documents :smiley:
    - Go for a walk :neutral: Went for a ride with hubby instead.
    - Log everything :smiley: Even the pizza & beer
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Pick up bike/schedule kayaking :smiley:
    - Nap :(
    - Listen to book :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :(

Have a great day y’all. Make yourselves proud!

Yesterday was great. Sure I missed a few goals, mostly because I had a lot of calories left in the day and decided to have a few drinks. Oh well, it happens and I was still under by about 700 cal.

Today, my oldest is leaving to go camping with a friend so we are taking the youngest and her bestie kayaking. I love kayaking. I've only done it a few times, but it is so fun and it's great upper body exercise. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow! After rowing, the youngest is spending the night with a friend and hubby is taking me out on a date. So I'll get all dressed up and even do my hair and makeup which never happens these days.

JFT Saturday
    - Make kids cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and eat a protein bar
    - Head out to the lake to kayak
    - 2 hours on the lake
    - Drop Thea off at home
    - Buy stamps & Mail Graduation cards for family
    - Get showered and dolled up for hubby
    - Night on the town
    - Log everything
    - Don't go over calories by more than 500

Have great day all!

@SERmom3 I love strength training, can't wait for my gym yo open back up!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Just For Today -- June 6, 2020

Eat Mindfully & Drink 8+ water & Log everything in MFP
    Do 15 minute Richard Simmons stretches ✅
    Do 30 min chair yoga routine
    Do 4 5-minute walks (Step challenge for Fat2Fit group)

Three tasks for today: (1) Install peony support cage. (2) Trim forsythia and lilac bushes. (3) Sweep kitchen and dining room floor; do Swiffer wet mop. New task: (4) Plant Trillium & Hibiscus

Supposed to be sunny with temps in mid-70's. Should be a great day to get the work done outside that I've been wanting to do. Plus DGD is home today so she can pitch in to help if I need her to do so.

Have a great day Everyone! 🌞
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    teigansdad wrote: »
    I bet you guys can’t guess what delicious little peanut and chocolate w/ a hard covered candy shell hand made by the devil himself got me once again.

BWAHAHA :lol:

SERmom3 wrote: »
    I highly recommend weight training for everyone thinking about it. I started weight training a few months ago. I do the Strong Lifts 5x5 program. I’ve never had a trainer, so I feel like I’m still working on my form, but I’m definitely getting stronger and I love that.

Is this a program you paid for or is it on YouTube? Since I'm 60 now, I want to start out small and build up. But I do feel that I need to strengthen my muscles. I don't want to be in a commercial in 10 years laying on the floor crying that "I've fallen and I can't get up!" Plus, I have terrible balance...so weak ankles is another area I need to work on. I was thinking about Tai Chi for that...

Today, my oldest is leaving to go camping with a friend so we are taking the youngest and her bestie kayaking. I love kayaking. I've only done it a few times, but it is so fun and it's great upper body exercise. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow! After rowing, the youngest is spending the night with a friend and hubby is taking me out on a date. So I'll get all dressed up and even do my hair and makeup which never happens these days.

This sounds like a wonderful day! I would love to get a kayak and have discussed it with my husband. He doesn't like it so I'd have to go alone, and I don't know if that's such a good idea though. So I go back and forth with that. Have FUN on your date! That really sounds fun too!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Just for Today/Friday:
    Body:
    • Preplan food :) / prelog food :) / stay in green :) / close diary :#Not yet, but I will.
    • H20 - 75 oz :)
    • Activity: 30 minutes cardio >:) / research and try strength training >:) / lymphedema massage/stretches :)

Mind:
    • Chair Yoga for mindfulness / Podcasts (PnP, HSM) :)
    • Spend time sewing :) / read mystery :) / Calm app >:) / food prep :) / declutter [PICK SOMETHING!] >:)
    • Spend time thinking about morning routine and put into motion. :#Moving to Saturday
    • Spend time thinking about evening routine and put into place. :#Moving to Saturday
    • Gratitude Journal / Readings from SA and DO :#

Spirit:
    • Podcast (JM, find one more) :)
    • Begin reading Bible again. Not sure why I stopped this. My whole routine changed with COVID shutdown and work furlough. :#
    • Spend time chatting with God. :)

Yesterday was a mixed bag. I started out in the morning feeling really good and had high hopes for the day, but it felt like I hit a brick wall around 1pm. My body felt exhausted and my eyes were burning and I just needed to lay down and shut my eyes. So, I listened and spent the afternoon in a dark room and started reading a new mystery. It felt like such a wasted day but I just couldn't fight it. I guess we just have to listen to our bodies sometimes and don't need to know why... I slept through the night and didn't wake up until 9:30 this morning and I had to MAKE myself get up! Dang....

Today is gorgeous. 73 with sunny blue skies. Doors and windows are open and all I can hear right now are the birds singing out back. TV is off because husband is over scraping and priming the outside of my mom's house. I find the older I get, the more I like quiet and the sounds of nature versus the sounds of TV or radio. It;s odd because I've always been such an extrovert and used to like to "party" quite a bit when I was younger.

I wanted to hop on and say hey to everyone and post some goals before I get moving. I am not going to sit around doing nothing again! LOL! :)

Just for Today/Saturday:
    • Preplan food / prelog food / stay in green / close diary
    • H20 - 75 oz
    • Activity: 30 minutes cardio / research strength training / lymphedema massage/stretches
    • Chair Yoga / Research help with balance and ankle strengthening videos
    • Podcasts (JM, PnP, HSM)
    • Spend time sewing / read mystery / Calm app / food prep / declutter [PICK SOMETHING from this list!]
    • Spend time thinking about morning routine and jot down ideas in bullet journal
    • Spend time thinking about evening routine and jot down ideas in bullet journal.
    • Gratitude Journal / Readings from SA, DO, Bible
    • Spend time chatting with God.

Gratitude: Today I am grateful for a perfect spring day, ability to walk to my mom's and have her teach me more about quilting.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

June Goals:
    1. Begin strength training
    2. Walk 3x per week
    3. Establish evening routine
    4. Finish lap quilt
    5. Wt <175 lbs
    6. Begin researching work from home ideas
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Friday June 5
    1L of Water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂 I did but it wasn’t pretty green. If there was a darker shade of red that’s what it would have been.
    Gratitude Journal - I fell asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until almost 1am so no.

JFT - Saturday June 6
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@ZizzyBumble - I hope someone can make a wine delivery for you.

@jenwalkingfurther - I used to walk at lunch at my old job. It’s not really possible here because of a short break time.

@littleblackskirt - We are allowed to gather up to 50 now as long as 6ft distance can be maintained. No sharing of food as in family style eating. It’s very strange really. I hope your tooth gives you some relief soon.

@teigansdad - 😂 they really do have a personality attached to them that makes them hard to resist. Does your whole family like them or just you? I find I have to buy treats for my husband that I don’t like that way I don’t succumb to temptation.
    My downfall is chips and an ice cold coke. I used to not allow it in the house and if I really wanted it and kept craving it I made myself walk to the store to get it. I need to set that rule again.

@PackerFanInGB - I have a friend that is single, she goes kayaking and camping alone all the time. I always worry about her.

Tried to have a video chat with my Mom this morning, but her side froze up and the staff member of the home had left the room. Hopefully they call back later.
    I don’t have any plans today, it is raining and cold again. Last summer was terrible and I’m hoping this summer is not the same.

Have a great day everyone

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - I never thought that I was one to eat my feelings either, but I’ve learned that I eat crazy amounts when I’m bored. It’s awful. Hope you have a good say
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    3wk40x01efu7.jpeg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🧚🏻‍♀️
      Wed 03: 148.8 🦩
      Thu 04: 148.6 🧚🏻‍♀️
      Fri 05: 148.5🦩
      Sat 06: 148.6🧚🏻‍♀️
      Sun 07: 148.4🦩

JFT Sat 6 June:
      It’s been Windy and drizzly for days but the garden is still parched. Still mostly staying on plan.
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Mindfulness
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷100
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, gardening
      Strength: > 10🌷legs
      Flex: >10🌷Gentle stretching
      Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500😏 8169
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷7
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do today:
      🌷meditation✅🌷Chores/Laundry✅🌷
      🌷local shopping for essentials🌷
      🌷Write✅🌷Watch TV✅🌷Puzzles✅🌷
      🌷Birthday project for Grandson🌷
      🌷Crochet✅🌷
      The rain stopped mid afternoon so we got out for a walk in the fresh air.