Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    This is such a hard time for all of us.. something in our lifetime I never imagined would happen.

Last nite I could not sleep all nite... my anxiety and worry was taking over. My husband will start radiation treatment for cancer in 3 weeks. .. will that even be available!!

So I want to start a dicussion ... and see if we can help each other. Give each other ideas. What are you doing to help relieve the stress? How are you coping? What steps are you taking to keep somewhat sane?
    I know many with little children especially have a challenge.. maybe we can share websites with ideas, etc.?

I love to sew already, and hubby and I are used to working at home. But its the not being able to get out at all that is hard, plus the worry of being away from loved ones.

So in addition to sewing, I am trying to learn to crochet. I am using YouTube to try and learn.. using some yarn that I have here. (Made 1 dishcloth already). We bought a keyboard, so I am trying to learn that. I am cleaning, and organizing. I am trying to get more charity sewing done... anything to keep busy

I do know how you feel.
    2 weeks ago Ash's mum was told
    She has bone cancer. They luckily caught it very soon and there was no other sign of cancer in the body which is unusual as bone cancer is normally a secondary cancer (she has breast cancer previously and was still in remission like 10 years down the line)

But we're hoping and praying she doesn't get it for the same reason.

I hate to say, that to keep busy I am
    Having more sex lmfao and it's great. Maybe we should all do that.

But I need to find more thing to do with the kids!
    Now we're feeling a bit better and got the house sort of on track I need to keep them occupied other than tv lol!
    I was thinking of drawing loads of template pics like flowers and butterflies in sharpies and let them colour them in and then maybe some games?

I dunno.
    I need to clean up the garden so they can still go out and play!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I think that I completely understand your stress and fear as so much if it resonates for me. I’m self isolating with my parents due to their age and mum’s cancer. I don’t know when I’ll next see my husband and it’s so sad and scary. I still have the option of fleeing and going back to my husband but if I do that, I probably won’t see my parents again and I know my dad can’t look after mum or himself in these abnormal times. I have to hope my husband stays safe but at least he’s in a rural area and we’ve cancelled all our B&B guests

I’m currently knitting a jersey and wondering whether to buy more wool or order a cross stitch. I’ve also ordered a crate of wine to help me cope!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 20 March

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Water :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Easter Bunny Challenge.🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

March 19, 20
    🐰 🐰

Trying to keep a routine but the temptation is to give in to over eating/drinking and exercise is much harder 😡. Thinking of you all and committing to being strong.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,137 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    We are sheltering in place, and keeping our fingers crossed that we get through this.

The fine weather this weekend should help.

DED sent me a lovely fruit basket from M&S for Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. We have decided not to visit for the moment.

What am I doing? To name a few...
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook)
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02: 148.9
    Tue 03: 148.8
    Wed 04: 148.6
    Thu 05: 148.4
    Fri 06: 148.5
    Sat 07: 148.2
    Week 2
    Sun 08: 148.6👀 I expect this will rise a little more with all the catered food at the birthday bash yesterday. Sodium/sugar overload.
    Mon 09: 148.9 👻
    Tue 10: 149.1
    Wed 11: 149.0
    Thu 12: 149.1
    Fri 13: 148.6🌷
    Sat 14:148.2🌷
    Week 3:
    Sun 15: 148.6
    Mon 16: 148.6
    Tue 17: 148.2
    Wed 18: 148.6
    Thu 19: 147.9
    Fri 20: 148.1
    Sat 21:
    Sun 22:
    Mon 23:
    Tue 24:
    Wed 25:
    Thu 26:
    Fri 27:
    Sat 28:
    Sun 29:
    Mon 30:
    Tue 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Fri 20
    Daily Goals: 🌷
    Activities:
    • chores 🌷
    • deep clean downstairs shower room🌷
    • work on jigsaw? 💁‍♀️no time 😂
    • More Laundry 🌷
    • work on patchwork crochet 🌷

JFT Sat 21
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: local shops for fresh meat
    • declutter desk. I’m doing a daily art challenge.
    • work on jigsaw?
    • More Laundry
    • work on crochet
    🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Terri: TerriRichardson112
    Daily Challenge Goal: 7500+
    Mar: 19,29,
    🐰🐰

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Input book report grades and complete/incomplete marks for narratives and research essays. PARENT CALLS.
    3. Grading: Narratives.
    4. Run - aim for 5 miles. Write a post on Lang8.
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Continue The God of Small Things. Color!
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Update Goodreads. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 197.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Got in 5 miles today! Tomorrow is going to be very full but we also need groceries and we need to take the recycling. UGHHH.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain
    Ultimate goal: 165-170, and maintain
    Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    SW: Jan 3: 185.4
    SW Feb 1: 178 (-7.4 lbs)
    SW March: 183.6 (I was down to 176.6. Then, spent 2 weeks emotionally eating, just not caring. Time to get serious, and remember how I lost weight, but more importantly, remember how I can easily gain weight!.
    2020 - March
    March 8: 183.6
    Mar 10: 180.6
    March 15: 183.0 - my own fault .. 2 days of stress eating. Time to get serious
    March 17: 181
    Mar 20: 179.6

JFT, Fri
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. do weekly weigh in (trying to only do this 1x a week) :)
    4. clean house :/
    5. work on charity quilt :)
    6. positive thoughts through all this global challenge. :'(:) Last nite I could not sleep.. you know, worse case senario on everything. I worry about my son, and he lives 500 miles away, and my daughter is scared to death, so while we are trying to talk to her to know the severity of all this, trying to not scare her so much that she can't sleep. But thats where she is .. afraid she is going to die, we are going to die, afraid to go outside, etc. So had a long talk tonite. ..

JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food
    2. if it is nice out .. go for a long walk. If not, find another video to do
    3. clean house
    4. finish charity quilt
    5. start on tote bags
    🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Joan: Joan6630
    Daily Goal: 45 minutes of planned exercise (walking, etc) a day
    Mar: 19,20
    🐰🐰

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal👿
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0600, pill, lets, run app, yoga, pill🤨—slept in, but got my run and yoga in later
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0820😀
    4. Take Sudafed😀
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk😀
    6. Laundry😀
    7. Prepped salad for lunch + protein yogurt😀
    8. Prep salads for next 2 lunches (if enough lettuce)👿—ran out of time
    9. Pack for boat😀
    10. Drive to boat😀
    11. journal 👿—left my journal at home. Can’t believe how much this annoys me

Everyday feels tough. People on the front lines of this have it way harder, but the anxiety, decision overload, yet feeling helpless and unable to do anything is taking its toll. Went to our boat to camp out for the weekend. Hopefully the fresh air and sea life will lift some of these blues. And help me keep on track. I haven’t deviated yet, but I worry.

Much love and gratitude to all those on this thread exchanging stories and encouragement. I can never quite keep up but I love reading all your support.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, pill
    2. Take Sudafed
    3. Healthy breakfast
    4. Long walk, squats, plank
    5. Pprotein shake + curry cauliflower for lunch
    6. Journal

Bunny Goal: 30 minutes of exercise or else 10k steps each day
    Mar 19, 20 🐰🐰
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 21 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals

Unpick and redo the last row on the sleeve I’m knitting - got the pattern wrong!

Easter Bunny Challenge.🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

March 19, 20
    🐰 🐰
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY:
    - stay green 🟢
    - Drink water🟢
    - Stay away from everyone 🟡

I’m feeling better than yesterday. I had a very lazy day, but it did give me a glimpse into how difficult it would be to quarantine if one of us got real sick. We have a small house and one bathroom. Not a lot of ways to separate.
    There are rumors that Massachusetts may go on complete lockdown like some other states. It’s probably for the best, but I would miss my walks.

JFT SATURDAY:
    - stay green
    - Exercise
    - Drink water
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Have hubby review taxes
    - Update budget
    - Read

Be well, everyone! 💕
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    :( I feel rotten today
    Cough had me up at 6.30am. Which I suppose I didn't really mind because I didn't wake up feeling tired.
    But then I could just not stop coughing so I came downstairs so I wouldn't wake ash, came back to bed at 8am and started coughing at full pelt again.

But realistically, Monday morning were going to have to be up at the crack of dawn to hit the shops. Hoping I feel a bit better by then

I haven't posted for ages as I finally moved house and haven't had internet for a few weeks. Trying to eat sensibly but not counting calories right now, too much going on.

@Bex953172 I felt I had to reply your post. PLEASE don't go out to the shops on Monday, try and get someone to drop off food again.
    The advice is if someone in the household is ill everyone in the house must stay in for 14 days. If a second or third person becomes ill they need to stay in a further 7 days, so the isolation can be extended. You and/or your family could well still be infectious on Monday from what you've described.
    Wishing you well and hope you recover quickly.

Haha *kitten* I should have clarified that I personally will not be going to the shop lmfao.
    Technically as of today Marleys 14 days is up. And I was coughing before her but I don't trust that I'm okay to be out
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    3/21
    1. Yoga
    2. Run
    3. Stay within calorie goal
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 21 March

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Water >:)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Unpick and redo the last row on the sleeve I’m knitting - got the pattern wrong! :/ Unpicked it only to discover that I had done it correctly in the first place!

March 19, 20, 21
    🐰 🐰 🐰

Sending good wishes to you all.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    :( I feel rotten today
    Cough had me up at 6.30am. Which I suppose I didn't really mind because I didn't wake up feeling tired.
    But then I could just not stop coughing so I came downstairs so I wouldn't wake ash, came back to bed at 8am and started coughing at full pelt again.

But realistically, Monday morning were going to have to be up at the crack of dawn to hit the shops. Hoping I feel a bit better by then

I haven't posted for ages as I finally moved house and haven't had internet for a few weeks. Trying to eat sensibly but not counting calories right now, too much going on.

@Bex953172 I felt I had to reply your post. PLEASE don't go out to the shops on Monday, try and get someone to drop off food again.
    The advice is if someone in the household is ill everyone in the house must stay in for 14 days. If a second or third person becomes ill they need to stay in a further 7 days, so the isolation can be extended. You and/or your family could well still be infectious on Monday from what you've described.
    Wishing you well and hope you recover quickly.

Haha *kitten* I should have clarified that I personally will not be going to the shop lmfao.
    Technically as of today Marleys 14 days is up. And I was coughing before her but I don't trust that I'm okay to be out

Apparently it's 7 days isolation if you're ill and 14 if you're living with someone who's ill but you are not ill.
    So as of Tuesday I'm allowed to go out! Although I think I'll still be staying in and only go out if I have to, to keep up with the lockdown stuff.
    And I'm still gonna avoid the shops because of the cough, just makes people nervous lol..
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Downloaded my pedometer app. Cba finding my watch one lol just gonna have to remember to keep my phone in my pocket!

I've been in bed most the day, very miserable from the coughing because it's just like.. non stop and so I have heartburn and a headache too! As well as achy ribs.
    Sometimes just breathing in too quick can set off a coughing fit.

So yeah pretty sure I did less than 100 steps lmao!

🐰Bunny/walk Challenge (3000/day)🐰

Mar 19, Mar 20, Mar 21

No bunnies yet!!