Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    I would like to join this group. I created an account several years ago but only joined three weeks ago. I have weighed 10 lbs. over a healthy BMI the majority of my life. This changed when my kidneys failed due to diabetes. For three years was on dialysis and gained 75 lbs. while on a 1400 calorie supervised diet! Received a kidney/pancreas transplant then lost 93 lbs. over 2.5 yrs and kept it off until 4 yrs ago when fiancee cancelled our wedding. Sank into depression and ate to bury my feelings. Since March, I have lost 26 lbs. and have 69 lbs. to go. My next goal is to lose 20 lbs. by October to move from obese to overweight. Am looking forward to joining the fitness journey with you all.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    Yuk yuk yuk. Just had some soppy water from the dishwater. It stopped the power went out last night I grabbed a cup this morning...... Im not foaming at the mouth any more but my mouth still tastes like tide. So the tide challenge would not be fun....🥵 Hubby put the dishes away on the last one.....noticed the water at the bottom and how soapy the were when wet. So how's your morning 😬 yuk my mouth probably smells great it's still in my mouth.....🥵
  • Mesnowprincess
    Mesnowprincess Posts: 12 Member
    Hi I would like to join as well, I am 220 as of today and really need to be 175. I am 58 years young and 5'9 so that is a health weight. I weigh in on Wensdays, adding exercise this time.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10
    Total March - 10
    Total April - 4
    Total May - 4

June 02: 231
    June 09:
    June 16:
    June 23:
    June 30:
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    March ending weight: 215.1
    April ending weight: 205.2
    May ending weight: 196.7

June 4: 194.6
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Omg I forgot to tell you guys. I hit 299.6 yesterday! Still under 300 today. After today’s dinner though I might jump up a little tomorrow morning. Will have to hit the streets for walk/jogging over the next couple of days.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Omg I forgot to tell you guys. I hit 299.6 yesterday! Still under 300 today. After today’s dinner though I might jump up a little tomorrow morning. Will have to hit the streets for walk/jogging over the next couple of days.

Congratulations!That's awesome. Keep up the good work! Sounds like you are a bit like me. I don't really trust the number on the scale until I've seen it a few days in a row!
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    Stayed the same this week
  • ladycopnh1
    WELCOME to: Faith_76, Crystalsan726, jules9812, Stormy_destiny, pfprimo, Beautyofdreams & Mesnowprincess.
    as they say " Team work makes the dream work ". we have one amazing team on this board right
    now. I can't wait to see the losses we can achieve now.

Que - Congratulations on the apartment, how exciting.

jules - I know exactly what you mean about gaining weight so easily. I think if I roll down my window driving past
    McDonalds I could gain 10pds just from the smell alone. It's awful.

Josh - CONGRADULATIONS and welcome to two-terville !!!

Alexandra - Was it you who bent your foot in half ? How in the world did you do that ? OH, and congradulations on the house, It's like Christmas in June.

Beautyofdeams - My Dad was on dialysis for 8yrs. I can understand what your going through.
  • ladycopnh1
    Stormy_Destiny - where in Wyo. are you from ? My oldest brother lives in Wheatland.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    @ladycopnh1 : I stepped too hard on a brake pedal, trying to avoid someone doing something unexpectedly stupid.
    If you want to know exactly, you can google Lisfranc's dislocation. I dislocated II-V and sprained the heck out of I.
  • ladycopnh1
    wow, I cringe every time I think about it. I hope it's healing well after your operations. I know what it feels like to be in pain every time you put your foot to the ground. I've had this STUPID fasciitis in my left foot for a year and a half now. If I go up to camp to work for the day ( 10hrs ) I'm literally bed ridden when I get home. My husband, bless his heart bought me an all terrain knee scooter so I can still get around the house and outside when I'm having a bad day. I was shocked that he got it in my favorite color, cobalt blue.
    It healed well, but they were right that it would be arthritic in my forties, and they were also right that the best thing I can do for pain control on an ongoing basis is to lose weight.

I did a lot of up-and-down the stairs today, and it did cross my mind that I was very glad that I didn't have the thirty-five pounds I'd lost on me while doing it! We had to take a large framed mirror off the wall that my ultra-cautious boyfriend had mounted, making sure that it was well-secured into the studs, and then get the thing wrapped in a blanket and securely wrapped with pallet wrap, before putting it in a box.
  • ladycopnh1
    Sounds like one priceless mirror. Have you heard of that new fancy exercise mirror ?
  • momma2ava
    momma2ava Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all! I joined fitness pal 10 years did great and then life happened and I am back to start over. Starting at 210. Looking for support from like minded people.
    @ladycopnh: Well, we hang it on the wall across from the foot of the bed. (wink wink nudge) Brightens up the room and reflects a lot of light. Mirrors are great to bring light into a room.

I've seen ads for the mirror. What with the arthritis and the fibromyalgia, I've never much been into someone else telling me what sort of exercise I "should" do and how much of it I should do. I'm working pretty hard in spurts to blanket and wrap furniture, and I'm also taking two hour naps every afternoon like a toddler.
  • gcreardon
    gcreardon Posts: 13 Member
    Start: 262.6
    Goal: 170
    May 2020 loss: 3.8

05/21/20: 262.6
    05/25/20: 260.8
    06/01/20: 258.8
    06/08/20: 253

Don't know if my scale is malfunctioning or what. It suddenly dropped me to 254.8 on Thursday and stayed there through Sunday. Today it dropped another 1.8 pounds. I picked up my cat and got back on to make sure it would register more weight and it did. I'm eating right and hitting proper caloric intake. Guess my body was also tired of the weight? I don't know... Just going to say I won't be surprised if it pops back up a bit (though maybe a bit disappointed).
  • gcreardon
    gcreardon Posts: 13 Member
    They are giving me a new fridge for my apartment today! It stopped working for the second time this month sometime this weekend. I'm so excited! Also, having to remove my "pantry" so they can access the fridge gives me a great opportunity to go through it, reorganize it, and cull the junk.
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome back Mamma2, we will always be here for you.
  • ladycopnh1
    gcreardon, wow, you go girl !!!