Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    letsgoliss wrote: »
    I just found this group, super excited about it. I'm incredibly frustrated right now. I'm on week 2 of serious diet and working out and doing IF. I lost 6 lb week 1 and I'm up 2 lb today. Anyone have these kinds of struggles where you're doing everything right and the scale says "nope!!! Not today satan!!"

SW 220
    CW 216
    GW 150

So the first week of a diet and exercise change, it's easy to see some water weight reduction. Don't be bummed if your scale weight fluctuates for just a little while- if you're in a deficit, you will lose weight! Just stick with it, try to find patterns of water weight with your sodium intake, sleep, stress, and cycle. All those things (and sometimes others!) can affect how much water you're carrying. I read a trivia fact once that your body can hold as much as 13 lbs of water at any given time.

So don't worry, keep working. You've got this!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @Terytha You look beautiful, slim and trim, more importantly, do you feel fantastic? I would wear it!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @Brownsugar0120 Wow great ride! You look amazing! I feel so inspired when ladies put up before, during, and after shots! Happiest of birthdays to you!! You look so much younger than 52!!
  • KristenLCook2
    KristenLCook2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! My day started off a bit rough, left the house late and didn't have time to grab anything for breakfast so I'm hoping to make it till lunch without gnawing my arm off. I've had a decent week so I'm hopeful about my Friday morning weigh-in. We'll see how it goes. 🤞 My biggest problem this week has been that my husband has wanted to eat out all week long. He works in the heat so coming home and letting me heat up the house with our oven isn't ideal when it gets really hot.

I love seeing all of your posts - this group is so positive and welcoming. I love it!
  • chasity_08
    chasity_08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @KristenLCook2 thank you so much. I will for sure start some of this!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip @orangequilt . Stay safe and take care.
    @River314 That is great to get those steps at work. Makes me wonder about what kind of work you do. I have a desk job and don’t get that many steps in but I got some stairs. Now I am at home.
    @hbrookens click on the star at the top of the thread page and it turns yellow so you favorite this and then you will see when someone posts and find the group in your favorites/bookmarks (it is the star next to the notifications bell at the top of the page). Technically this isn’t a MFP Group but a thread that functions like a group. I too haven’t been able to get past 40 lbs and I gained that back. It was because I went back to work with a commute and didn’t adjust down my calories since I wasn’t exercising as much. It took me a while to stop the gain and slowly turn it around then this fall I gained back all I had lost! I have relost that and have lost more up to 15 lbs. I lost by exercising a lot including running and some weight training but aquafit was my base exercise. I now too have knee issues. And the Y is closed. @CupcakeCruesoe is right about this group. For a while one of the goals I listed was to come here often and post. Welcome and you and I are going to get beyond 40 lbs. Welcome!
    n1klu8wdayx3.png

@letsgoliss yep I just got most of those 2 lbs off this week instead of making progress.
    @KristenLCook I found eating at home was one of the biggest factors in weight loss for me and the hardest before stay at home order. It felt like we had to choose between getting exercise or dinner at home. Yes I did do some cooking ahead and crockpot meals but when you both work fulltime it is hard if you want a life.
    @katandjak this group has been helpful to me. Welcome.
    @chastity_08 great progress! Motivation is great when it is there but it isn’t reliable. What is more reliable is establishing healthier habits and routines. A lot of us post a list of goals/habits/areas to focus on for the week and or month. I am sure you have found that taking 1-3 steps at a time that are achievable works better. Water and sleep are the base of everything else for me. I am on furlough so I have been able to focus on cooking at home and that has helped me. I am struggling with exercise too because I used to do water aerobics but can’t now. That is this week’s focus for me.
    @Terytha Happy Anniversary!! I am impressed how you planned to be able to have more calories now. It isn’t the daily deficit it is the weekly deficit. My spreadsheet calculates that for me. Enjoy! 9 years!

Well today I am .2 lbs within my low of May. I have had a deficit every day and been good with water and sleep for months. I should be at least 3 pounds down more by now (1 more from May and 2 for June so far). I haven’t lost 10% of my weight yet so it shouldn’t be this hard.

My focus this week on exercise is not for weight loss. It is to get stronger and healthier. This week the goal is 30+ minutes a day with Sunday being a rest day. I started on Tuesday. I have had a hidden goal to get outside and some sun (15 minutes) each day. Remember I live in the Vitamin D deprived PNW. We had an unusually sunny spring but this week is cooler, cloudier with some sun breaks. Yesterday I was on my Gazelle and the sun came out so I went outside and exercised in the back yard. I do some of my weight training each week outside too and of course walks when we get those but they are usually later in the day.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    gjmbxqhplb3k.png
  • hbrookens
    hbrookens Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    *sigh...some days are a real struggle; just do the best you can do and then you can’t worry about whether it was enough.