Welcome New Members!

Replies

• sarah198321
    sarah198321 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello!
  • Carissamr
    Carissamr Posts: 35 Member
    I used MFP some years ago. I was doing wonderful and then I had to have my thyroid removed due to 2 types of cancer. I struggled with getting my TSH levels right and when I didn’t have insurance I didn’t have my meds. Without them I got very sick and gained a lot of weight. I went into myxedema crisis 3 times. The third time I was on my meds but they weren’t being absorbed due to other reasons. I ended up having to have a hysterectomy due to uterine cancer. Around that time I developed diabetes. I was sent to the ER with a sugar level of 775. I was also at my all time high weight of around 450. That was the turning point for me. I put myself on a diet and stuck to it. My goal was to no longer need insulin. I lost 150 pounds in 3-4 months, following my doctors advice. It was not a good way to lose it. I ended up having to have my gallbladder removed but since it was classified as a difficult gallbladder they could only remove part of it. It’s been about 18 months and I am down to 220ish. A lot of it is skin that will have to be removed when I hit my goal weight but that’s for the future. For now I get to focus on having the remaining part of my gallbladder removed. It has been giving me problems and causing me to not eat properly. I go in tomorrow to talk to the surgeon. My goal weigh is and always has been 150. I haven’t been that weight since I was 12. I’m currently lighter than I have ever been in my adult life and only have 70 lbs left to lose. I know to some that seems a lot but when your goal was 300 lbs at first it seems like nothing. Also, I have been off of insulin for the past 14 months. My sugar levels never go over 120 after meals and is usually around 80-90 when fasting. It’s been quite a journey so far and I still have a way to go but the end is finally in sight.
  • LowlifeLola
    LowlifeLola Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! if anyone in Phoenix AZ wants to group up to workout I am so down. I don't do well working out alone.
  • HarryMudd67
    HarryMudd67 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there. Had this app since July last year. I've shed 4 stone and feel so much better. Hit a bit of a plateau at the moment, but I'm keeping with it so I don't start gaining it back. And the exercise is great for my mental health...
  • Beek0
    Beek0 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! Today I'm recommitting to losing weight. I'm currently about 60 lbs down from my highest weight, but 20 pounds up from my lowest weight. I really enjoyed being at my lowest weight- mentally and physically I felt fantastic, I was a better runner, had more confidence, clearer skin, etc. I struggle with an eating disorder that I let get the best of me over the past year. Moved to Denver in January and I've been loving all of the hiking and trail running. I'd love some new MFP friends!
  • Urthepinetomyapple
    Urthepinetomyapple Posts: 18 Member
    Hey everyone ☺️
    I’m from the Uk and have been on and off here for many years, I’ve put some Chunk back on and lost my mojo for exercising 😭 working with the NHS during all this pandemic has definitely made me a bit lazy when it comes to food and burning the calories but I’ve decided that I can’t make anymore excuses so I’m ready 💪🏼 This mfp community helped me so much last time with tips, support and honesty!
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Well, I'm not really new, but I'm back, kind of, I'm trying. I've been in China for 20 of the last 23 years. The first time I was here 1997-2000, I lost about 60# going from 280 down to 220. And I managed that after I got home for a few months, but by 2003 I was back about 245. And that's when I came back to China.

Of course 20 years is a long time, and I'm about to turn 60. In the last 17 years, I ballooned up to 330# and then managed to get it back to 299# in 2012, but since then, the wheels have come off, and I'm at my heaviest ever ...

402,5#

Lucky for me, I'm in good health. My knees are suffering obviously, no more jogging. But I get around, I even scuba dive... but I'm on borrowed time, and I know it.

My motivation has been improving the last few weeks, and I got a shot in the arm from my son who is my biggest support as a 'coach'. We were talking about the goal being to have the weight off by the time I retire so it's manageable, and so I can actually enjoy retirement.

And since that's about 5 years away, it's a good thing to start now. 60 months, and if all I do is lose 3 pounds a month, I'm at 222 by my 65th birthday. I think I can do a little better though, I think I could do 4-5 pounds a month, and get to 202 by by 64th birthday, which also works, and is extremely manageable as a simple monthly goal, that shouldn't interfere with normal lifestyle.

I'd spend that last year with management, and maybe losing 1# a month so that I'd be at a good healthy 190# by age 65 and my retirement party.

Instead of the mental block to lose 100# in a year, I'm just worried about 4# a month. Seems easier, sure there will be challenges, but I'm game.
  • martabarisic361
    martabarisic361 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m back using MFP after about 2 years off. Had really good results using this last time. But I’ve let things slip and gained it all back plus extra. Looking forward to engaging with the MFP community and getting fitter/healthier! Good luck all!

Hi RosaKitty! Exactly the same here! Let's hope we can stick with it this time! I've only been back a week, lost 1kg (small win!) and still go very up and down with my food and exercise but it does feel good to feel the progress and benefits! Good luck and enjoy the small wins 😊

• MetalheadMesomorph
    MetalheadMesomorph Posts: 13 Member
    Like a lot of people on here, I'm back again. Having trouble staying motivated and sticking to eating plan with a snowball of irritants in my life. Top of the list is my 😬 annoying CSR job! I 😟 really want to put myself in a healthier state but how do I do that not being in a happier place mentally?
  • 4myknees
    4myknees Posts: 3 Member
    Starting once again. Much harder at age 68. Being home during Covid19 doesn't help. Had a very nice bike to ride but it was stolen 2 weeks ago. Loved riding so a new bike is in the works.
  • back2weddingweight
    back2weddingweight Posts: 4 Member
    Good morning! Just had baby #3, and looking to get back to my wedding weight from 3 years ago (135). I’ve lost 33lbs post-baby, and have about 9lbs to go! Community really helps me stay on track. Posting pictures helps me with accountability, and looking at other people’s photos gives me inspiration! That’s why I’m here!
  • foreverminexoxo
    foreverminexoxo Posts: 9 Member
    Good morning! Just had baby #3, and looking to get back to my wedding weight from 3 years ago (135). I’ve lost 33lbs post-baby, and have about 9lbs to go! Community really helps me stay on track. Posting pictures helps me with accountability, and looking at other people’s photos gives me inspiration! That’s why I’m here!

I sent you a friend request, I hope that's ok! Goodluck on your journey hun!
  • chique45
    chique45 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I'm Chique! I've been using this app for over a year now, but this is the first time I'm joining the community. So excited to learn from everyone.
  • satoriorchid
    satoriorchid Posts: 3 Member
    New here. Highest weight 176lbs. Current weight 169. Goal weight 140? I was petite (110lbs) with little effort growing up, but looking back realize I didn't eat much. Skipping breakfast and even lunch was more of a norm. I just wasn't hungry in mornings. Wondering if I really screwed up my metabolism by doing that!? Developed hoshimotos (autoimmune thyroid disease) in 2000, and ever since have fluctuated dramatically in weight. Past 4 years I really struggle to lose or get below 155 lbs. I've done many types of diets - Atkins, Keto, AIP, Paleo, Vegetarian...I'm trying to eat 3 meals a day but find that 1100 calories does not allow for consistent weight loss, even with being relatively active (I do have a bad back & sometimes have to take breaks from exercising). Right now, I'm trying to eat in a 10 hour window, following Keto more than anything (but chose fruits a 1-2 times a week + no gluten, no corn), 1100 daily calorie goal, and exercise 5xs a week (walk, bike, aerobic video 30-60 minutes). I'm 45 years old and going through menopause, so also working against nature and hormones a bit. The pic is the last one I truly liked of myself weight wise and that was 15 years ago. Using it to inspire consistency. I don't qualify for Rx weight loss pills and doctors/dietician have told me to eat more but if I can't lose weight with 1100 calories, I certaining don't want to increase it!!!
    Anyway, I'm feeling inspired, ready for consistent effort, and hoping a community approach might help this time? Ever since I was diagnosed with hoshimotos, I don't have a positive relationship with food. It often feels like the enemy. I feel guilt when eating like a normal person, like my thin friends, like the average American. I hate the words "cheat" when referring to a day or meal, as it assumes I'm doing something wrong. I just want to get to my goal weight so I don't have to be so deliberate in what I eat, when I eat, all the time. I want to be/feel normal again!
    Wishing anyone who reads this the best of luck on their journey ahead.
  • satoriorchid
    satoriorchid Posts: 3 Member
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~Lao Tzu

New to MFP community. I'm a private person by nature, but am often inspired by other people's stories...so here I am.
    I'm 5'4". Highest weight 176lbs. Current weight 169. Goal weight 140? or a weight I feel comfortable or like me in. I was petite (110lbs) with little effort as young adult, but looking back realize I didn't eat much. Skipping breakfast and even lunch was more of a norm. I just wasn't hungry in the mornings. Wondering if I really screwed up my metabolism by doing that!? Developed hoshimotos (autoimmune thyroid disease) in 2000, and ever since have fluctuated dramatically in weight. Before diagnosis gained 60 lbs without any change to lifestyle. Lost most of the weight 2 years after being put on thyroid medication + by eating meat again and limiting carbs, soy, sugar, and dairy. Past 4 years I have really struggled to lose or get below 155 lbs. I've done many types of diets - Atkins, Keto, AIP, Paleo, Vegetarian...I'm trying to eat 3 meals a day but find that 1100 calories does not allow for consistent weight loss, even with being relatively active (I do have a bad back & sometimes have to take breaks from exercising). Right now, I'm trying to eat in a 10 hour window, following Keto more than anything (but chose fruits a 1-2 times a week + no gluten, no corn), 1100 daily calorie goal, and exercise 5xs a week (walk, bike, aerobic video 30-60 minutes). I'm 45 years old and going through menopause, so also working against nature and hormones a bit. The pic is the last one I truly liked of myself weight wise and that was 15 years ago. Using it to inspire consistency. I don't qualify for Rx weight loss pills and doctors/dietician have told me to eat more but if I can't lose weight with 1100 calories, I certaining don't want to increase it!!!
    Anyway, I'm feeling inspired, ready for consistent effort, and hoping a community approach might help me feel less alone in this? Ever since I was diagnosed with hoshimotos, I don't have a positive relationship with food. It often feels like the enemy. I feel guilt when eating like a normal person, like my thin friends, like the average American. I hate the words "cheat" when referring to a day or meal, as it assumes I'm doing something wrong. I just want to get to my goal weight so I don't have to be so deliberate in what I eat, when I eat, all the time. I want to be/feel normal again!
    Wishing anyone who reads this the best of luck on their journey ahead. [/quote]
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    I officially hit 40 in May... my goal was to lose 40 pounds before I hit 40, but that didn't happen. I hate not being able to really play around with my kids - running, jumping, all that good stuff. Telling them to eat healthy and have fun - while I am eating my umpteenth snack for the day on the couch. Been around, deleted accounts, created accounts, deleted, repeat the cycle. Actually have been here since around 2010...

Happy days are coming!
  • E_Val
    E_Val Posts: 27 Member
    Hello out there! Married mum of 2 trying to drop the rest of this weight from the pregnancies and medications I have had to take for a few years. Fit bits calorie counter isn't doing it for me and I have done Fitbit back before it was full of advertisements and paid pro versions. It worked well for me lost quite a bit of weight then got pregnant again. Oops haha So back for some support. Hope everyone is killin it out there!
  • jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    I left for couple came back to input a 13lb gain and my pal here congratulated me like I accomplished something. Lol, thanks app I'll be the guy you want me to be.
  • TYTOYGIRL
    TYTOYGIRL Posts: 2 Member
    I gained 20 lbs during the last 2 years, so time to do something. I am trying out the 16-8 program. Eating no breakfast, lunch between 11 and 12 and dinner before it gets dark - between 5 & 6. But still have to keep track of food and calories. I started at 190 and hope when I way on Friday I will have come down. I do find I am not really hungry.