40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"!!!=Done!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    @MommaGemz, I will keep you all posted.

I can't stay focused when I am at home trying to work out. I need camaraderie and space. Post Covid19, space and equipment until I'm a little more comfortable with people.

The positives of starting over is the ability to ensure my form is correct and to really develop the core strength needed to squat heavily and build up my legs.

I'm excited and ready to hang up all this cardio...lol

BTW, I walked 2 miles today. Ugh.

Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    I forgot to post yesterday's T25...D'OH! was "Gamma Extreme Circuit"!
    today..."Focus T25: Beta Core Cardio”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I just keep doing Sydney's workout each morning, followed by either fitoutsidethebox, Yvette Bachman, or Jenny Ford. And I go for a run a couple times a week, usually.
    Today was Sydney's leg day and Yvette's kickboxing.
    I'm feeling pretty good for being over 40! No more chronic back pain😁 I do have some trouble with sore heels/Achilles, so I ice my knees and heels after runs. It really helps with recovery.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey all, I'm continuing to rebuild after taking a month off. This is my second build week after run and bike tests were done. Had a bike trainer session yesterday. My run today is hill repeats (oh joy!) At some point soon, I'll begin open water swimming, since the pools remain closed and I prefer OWS to doing laps.

@DancingMoosie - Best of luck with the Achilles. Having missed a year of racing due to chronic achilles inflammation, I learned that self care is key, including calf stretching.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Deadlifts, and squats today. Working my way back up the mountain. Meanwhile, checking around for a bench as a back up plan.
  • DancingMoosie
    Deadlifts, and squats today. Working my way back up the mountain. Meanwhile, checking around for a bench as a back up plan.

Aahh... deadlifts and squats...I haven't done "real" ones since early March! My "heavy" bar at home is only 50lbs😢
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • gam3rguy

"Focus T25: Beta Dynamic Core”=Done.
    Yesterday...”Extreme Circuit”!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Diamond Delts"!!!=Done!!
  • mkern500
    mkern500 Posts: 8 Member
    Kickboxing done!u0uvgbxzyb4x.jpeg
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    I have now done a lifting session for each body part, with LOTS of time spent in the hot tub after for recovery so I can continue to move, lol. Something I noticed is different body parts required different amounts of weight reduction. To whit, my chest/shoulders day I had to drop weights by a good 25% or more; back day, maybe 10%; while leg day I dropped 10# on my deadlift and nothing on squats and hip thrust.
  • gam3rguy
    “Focus T25: Gamma Extreme Circuit & Speed 3.0”=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Checking in with y'all. Lifting workout yesterday morning- deadlifts with no pain - my back feels fine today. I think the muscles are healed. Onward and upward.

The daily dog walks continue. Have met a couple of folks along my usual route. It's always nice to make some new acquaintances.

Planning a combination birthday/Father's Day dinner tomorrow. HAHA! You gotta' celebrate those granddaughter's birthdays!

Have an awesome weekend, everyone!
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Sooooo if I’m 38 - can I still be part of your cool club???? Close enough right????
  • alteredsteve175
    Sooooo if I’m 38 - can I still be part of your cool club???? Close enough right????

Welcome. They're not checking ID's here. Or they wouldn't allow this old man in here. HAHA! 😊
  • DancingMoosie
    I'm still following Sydney Cummings, running, and doing step/ walking/ aerobics videos. Usually around 2 hrs/day.
  • alteredsteve175
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Hope you can spend some time with your family today. Be sure to tell your dad how much you appreciate him and give him a hug!