WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele,
    The medical group closed for a while but has reopened. I’m calling to set a new appointment as soon as I can gat through.

Thanks for asking.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rose jump on in . welcome

Amber Tx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Roomba: I never had any desire to have one of these, but then the only pet I have is my DH, and he vacuums, so I'm hanging on to him. We did consider getting the outside version for our lawn, but knowing our luck, it would find a hole in the fence and escape. 😜

I've had a very nostalgic day so far. The Lovely Dame Vera Lynn has died at the age of 103. It was very unexpected, as she was interviewed on TV barely 2 weeks ago, and seemed as if she was good for a few years more. Dame Vera was a large part of the soundtrack of my childhood as she was a particular favourite of my parents, who would often sing her songs. The news bulletins have been playing her songs. She is the oldest person to have had a top ten hit when her iconic 'We'll Meet Again' went viral during the recent 100th anniversary celebrations of the ending of WW2. What an epitaph. RIP Vera.

Pip: Looks like you're set fair for your new adventures.

my husband is the one that vacuums here too(only chore he does around here and is obsessed with it) He has Roombas and four or five or more regular vacuums- Always upgrading. We do need to vacuum often because of kids(daycare) and pets(1 long haired big dog and 7 cats). I love that I don't have to vacuum but not thrilled when he starts one up when I am asleep or watching tv. Don't complain though, just put up with it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CALIF.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    another fairly good activist day. since we got that one prominant guy on board some others sollicited came on board too. we had a zoom meeting this evening (5 of us doing footwork, not prominant) it was a bit comical for me in a way because me and the other guy who have been mostly working on this alone for 3 months were niggle quite a bit but when i see 5 people niggling about all sorts of details i had to notice the increase of people made for increase in points to niggle about! one guy, who seems pretty peaceful was really stuck on the order of who the mail is TO and who is in COPY, his position opposite that of the prominant activist guy. i googled the question online and found zero support of his position.

life is filling up again.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Heather - Thanks for the recipes! That med veggie mix sounds wonderful. In a few days, I should have some fresh tomatoes and will give it a try.

I'm always trying to find wheat-free pasta, because I try to avoid wheat. Most are too chewy, but the black bean was nice. The recipe needs work, but now I know what to expect and it should go smoother next time.

Tina
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip Where do you want to move?

going back to california, fresno specifically all the family is in that area

I have a sister-in-law in Fresno!

Nice area.

I hope someone pays you a fortune for your house.

MEE 2!!!!!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: This is an exciting time. I hope the pods arrive at just the time you want them. I also hope you’ll take plenty of photos of the move so that you can look back with fondness & enjoy the new adventure. I hope we hear from you during your travels. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: We are generally content here in Columbia County. This is a county with a much lower population than Portland, Washington County, including Beaverton, or the extended metro area. :star:

We have family members in Malheur County. They are doing well. I had a lovely chat with my SIL yesterday. She is growing her garden and enjoying time with a few close friends. They have plenty of room for social distancing when they want to spend time with friends.

I’m in the process of setting up a medical procedure in Portland, which is a worrisome place. I had my dates and times turned in at the end of the day yesterday, but the information has been lost. Today the information is all gone. Evidently it didn’t make the timeline for the doctor’s appointment desk, so we’re setting up again. I’m expecting a call with a confirmed appointment—sometime today. I’ll be here at home until we get it sorted. ohwell

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

DON'T worry, you won't loose me
  • Katla49
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I've set up a Covid Test with the local school district. Lucky for me, I'm a retired teacher. They wanted an excuse to turn me away but they saw my Retired Public Employee card and let me in. The surgery date is on everyone's calendar. One less worry on the list. For now.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Gals, wishing everyone healthy summer months.

I’m in Alaska leaving to the for the bush area. I’ll be without internet and phone service until first week in September. Will miss so many of you but will catch up in the fall. Thank you for the support and caring as my sister (and best friend) deals with metastatic lung cancer.
    Her chemo and radiation weeks are done and now will have immunotherapy every three weeks until diagnostic testing takes place at the Swedish Cancer Institute in September. We are lucky, we’ll have this summer to enjoy on the Arctic tundra.

Til September....be safe, stay healthy❤️
    Betsy usually in NW Washington.... now in Kotzebue, Alaska

See you in September! :)<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla I am so confused about your medical procedures. Is this something different than the colonoscopy that was cancelled? I just feel as if I missed an important post or something. What's going on? I hope you are OK.

Karen in Virginia
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    💚
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Made a meatloaf for later in the week, baked bacon to make the tarts for Jess (for some reason the last ones were really dry) then baked fish for later in the week. Also made more fudge for Jess. Vince says she really likes it, hope she likes it not as soft. Now making more hard boiled eggs in the IP

Carol – so glad to hear that you and drkatie are far away from Atlanta.

LOL JR’s Frisbee. He won’t use the Rumba for a free ride?

Rebecca – I’m with you on the sadness part. I know that PJ has no concept of who Vince or I are. I just hope we can see him in September. Thanks for sharing the pics of Athena. She’s so adorable

Evelyn
    – I just put eggs, bacon, onion, and Bisquick mix to make the quiche. For some reason, they came out really dry yesterday. Now when I made them today, they weren’t as dry. Go figure!

AASlender – sometimes I do Pilates. It’s a really good workout. I don’t find my heartrate goes up a whole lot, but it challenges the muscles.

Rose Iowa
    – welcome!

Betsy
    – have a great trip! Wish I was with you

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

LOL JR’s Frisbee. He won’t use the Rumba for a free ride?

Michele NC

My sister's grandson rode their Roomba. There are photos. :smiley:
  • Katla49
    Options
    Karen, the procedure is back in the schedule. I have one hurdle left. I have to get a covid test. I have one scheduled the day before surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t add even more hurdles.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Daughter crew has Covid hoping she doesn’t have it she’s waiting on tests y instructions on whether to quarantine or not y where. Pray for her.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Options
    I hope your daughter is safe and well. If she tests positive I hope she gets good medical support. <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    AASlender wrote: »
    Thank you VERY much for the support. Knock on wood and crossing myself I’m back on track.
    I’m considering looking into Pilates. Anyone do this? Thank you.

I got my husband and I into a Pilates class with his physiotherapist ... him for rehab from his severe TBI, me for some hip issues that presented themselves when I ran a half marathon in January 2019.

So in our case, it was just the two of us with exercise/Pilates plans created by the physiotherapist.

We enjoyed and it found it beneficial ... and I know I discovered muscles I didn't know were lurking in there!

Unfortunately we had to stop because of C19 and I'm not sure when we'll go back.

Machka in Oz