30 Day Shred Anyone?

Replies

• Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    kakemery wrote: »
    Well, this weekend we drove to do a quarantine style get together with my family since I had not seen them since Xmas. That was 6 hours in the car, plus we had pizza and cupcakes for father's day/my niece/daughter's bday. My stomach was a wreck on sunday from it. I cannot eat both pizza and a cupcake in the same day anymore :-1:

Measurements are exactly the same as last week.

Well I hope you had a good time see I g your family! We still are in this together, so we are still rooting for you! You Got this!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Level 2, day 8 ✔
    No Tredmill Today as I hit 35,000 steps today and I didn't want to walk anymore! Toughed out the workout, put my all into it as tommorow is measurement day. Hope I got something to bring to the table, if not, well I'll still keep moving forward!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    mizalmond wrote: »
    Level 2, day 8 DOWN. Woo! I didn't want to do it this morning, but I pushed through.

@Slivnfree1982 I'm definitely noticing definition in my arms that wasn't there before, which is awesome. My lower body and tummy have a bit more of a way to go, but I've lost 1.5 inches on my hips (46" to 44.5") and almost a full inch on my waist (33" to 32.25"), so I'm not complaining. I also FINALLY lost some weight - a hard earned 2.8 lbs.

I felt my passion flagging a bit this weekend when confronted with some rough life stuff...my dog is very sick and I'm having to make some hard decisions right now. But I know that the workouts elevate my mood and help me to feel better, even when Jillian is annoying the hell out of me. Let's keep going!

PS: gonna try an avocado in a smoothie STAT. I bet the texture is super silky, and I've read before that their flavor goes really well with chocolate!

Sorry for your rough patch. Never easy when it involves our loved ones. Hope you are doing well. Yes it makes it so smooth using a Avacodo! It was great! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    @Slivnfree1982 You are so sweet <3 It was wonderful seeing my parents but sad and weird to not be able to hug them.
    And holy cow, 35k steps!!!! Wowza! Nice work!
    I dont know how you do it with graveyard shift. You are an inspiration!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    June 23rd Updates/Measurements:

Weight: 161.8 lbs (-2.4)

Arms: L - 12 (0) R - 12 (0)

Thighs: L - 20.5 (-1.0) R - 20.5 (+.5)

Waist: 35 (-.5)

Lower Hips: 36 (+.5)

High Hips: 40 (+.5)

Chest: 40 (0)

Stomach: 40 (-1.5)

Total Inches this week: 1.5"
    Total overall so far: 11.5"
    Total weight loss since 16th: 2.4 lbs
    Total overall weight loss: 3.2lbs

I have about 8 days left on this 30 day shred journey! I feel better, and I can see progress! I get frustrated when I gain in areas, but I need to trust that my body has a plan and just go with it. Along with Jillian Michaels ripped in 30, I will be doing T25 again. It gave me some pretty good results, but never stuck it out for the Beta. I will do it this time! Good luck all! This is the finally push for 30DS! Give it your all!

• Xlivnfree1982
    Kicked it up! Went to Level 3 today.

It was ok! I did modify some, I just don't have the ab strenght yet, but working on it.

So Level 3, Day 1 ✔
  • kakemery
    Kicked it up! Went to Level 3 today.

It was ok! I did modify some, I just don't have the ab strenght yet, but working on it.

So Level 3, Day 1 ✔

Yay! Great job!
  • kakemery
    L3 done today. I finally got into the chiro this am. First time since Jan. I have a sprained SI joint, which explains why my hips has been extra crappy lately. He spent 45 min adjusting my trainwreck of a back though, so should be feeling good in a day or 2!
  • mizalmond
    mizalmond Posts: 22 Member
    @Slivnfree1982 @kakemery Way to go, both of you! Finished the last day of level 2 this AM, headed for level 3 tomorrow. Def down for Ripped in 30 in July. I'm feeling really good and def know that I'm making progress. Thanks, y'all.
  • khage525
    khage525 Posts: 30 Member
    I've been avoiding posting on here, because I have to stop 30DS.. I've been struggling with some core/back issues. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have diastasis recti, my abdominal muscles are separated by about 2.5 inches. That's why I've been struggling. I'd been modifying some moves already, but apparently crunches and anything requiring twisting and planks are a no-no for me. I feel like that's a lot of what Jillian does. This really bums me out because I am really motivated, but I have to slow down a LOT compared to what I've been doing.. I KT taped my stomach yesterday and it definitely helped with the back pain.. so I guess now I'm going to focus on slowly pulling my abs back together and keeping up with cardio.
    Here are my results from Level 1 and 2. Level 2 was heavily modified though.

Day 1 Day 20

Weight:176 174
    Chest: 39.5 38.5
    Stomach: 43.5 42.5
    Hips: 44 43.5
    Thigh: 25 23.5
    Calf: 14.25 14.5
    Bicep: 13.5 13.5
    Neck: 12 12
    Wrist: 6.5 6.25
  • kakemery
    khage525 wrote: »
    I've been avoiding posting on here, because I have to stop 30DS.. I've been struggling with some core/back issues. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have diastasis recti, my abdominal muscles are separated by about 2.5 inches. That's why I've been struggling. I'd been modifying some moves already, but apparently crunches and anything requiring twisting and planks are a no-no for me. I feel like that's a lot of what Jillian does. This really bums me out because I am really motivated, but I have to slow down a LOT compared to what I've been doing.. I KT taped my stomach yesterday and it definitely helped with the back pain.. so I guess now I'm going to focus on slowly pulling my abs back together and keeping up with cardio.
    Here are my results from Level 1 and 2. Level 2 was heavily modified though.

Day 1 Day 20

Weight:176 174
    Chest: 39.5 38.5
    Stomach: 43.5 42.5
    Hips: 44 43.5
    Thigh: 25 23.5
    Calf: 14.25 14.5
    Bicep: 13.5 13.5
    Neck: 12 12
    Wrist: 6.5 6.25

You are so early in your post-partum journey. Allow your body to heal and enjoy the new baby! Jillian does not go anywhere and the "baby weight" will come off. Healing and enjoying that babe are much more important! Take care of yourself and remember that you have plenty of time so its okay to give yourself permission to go slow <3
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Alright got a question! So I have been sticking to my diet, increased my protien and Fiber, drink my water (up to about 100oz a day) workout, lowered my carbs as much as I can, but not completely. I do both cardio and strenght training. My question...I have a Fitbit scale. It measures my fat % and lean muscle. I have lost like 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks, but the results are today show I lost 2 lbs of lean muscle! Not what I wanted. I have not been looking at the weight loss at all, I have been watching my fat % more then anything. What am I doing wrong!? I don't want to lose my lean muscle mass.
  • kakemery
    How are your muscles feeling when you workout? Are you feeling stronger or are you getting fatigued faster? That will be a good indicator that you are actually losing muscle and it wasnt just a scale issue.
    What do your macros look like? I know you increased protein, but maybe it's still low or you are not eating enough fat.
    Since you are on graveyard, are you still able to get enough sleep? Your muscles grow when you sleep and your body is producing cortisol, so if you dont have enough of that time, your muscles dont have a chance to recover and grow.
    Usually its not eating the right macro balance or not getting adequate recovery.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    How are your muscles feeling when you workout? Are you feeling stronger or are you getting fatigued faster? That will be a good indicator that you are actually losing muscle and it wasnt just a scale issue.
    What do your macros look like? I know you increased protein, but maybe it's still low or you are not eating enough fat.
    Since you are on graveyard, are you still able to get enough sleep? Your muscles grow when you sleep and your body is producing cortisol, so if you dont have enough of that time, your muscles dont have a chance to recover and grow.
    Usually its not eating the right macro balance or not getting adequate recovery.

I don't do macros, I have heard of them, but don't really look into all that. I feel good, not tired fast or fatigued. I am on the move all day at work most days. Graveyard itself is a tough shift, and right now I am on this shift:

Mon: 7am -3pm
    Tue: 3pm-11pm
    Wed: 3-11pm
    Thu: 11pm-7 am
    Fri: 11pm-7 am
    Sat/Sun: off

However on July 6th this is my new schudule: (yeah I know, they really like to move things around)

Mon: 7 am-3pm
    Tue: Off
    Wed: 11pm-7 am
    Thurs: 11pm - 7 am
    Fri: off
    Sat: 3pm - 11pm
    Sun: 3pm -11pm

I wanted to try IF, but really with me bouncing all around...how is it possible!

As far as sleep goes, all are decent nights but my grave yard days. I don't sleep. If I do it is like 3-4 hours. Maybe I just need more sleep!? I have a hard time sleeping when the rest of the world is moving around.

• kakemery

I don't do macros, I have heard of them, but don't really look into all that. I feel good, not tired fast or fatigued. I am on the move all day at work most days. Graveyard itself is a tough shift, and right now I am on this shift:

Mon: 7am -3pm
    Tue: 3pm-11pm
    Wed: 3-11pm
    Thu: 11pm-7 am
    Fri: 11pm-7 am
    Sat/Sun: off

However on July 6th this is my new schudule: (yeah I know, they really like to move things around)

Mon: 7 am-3pm
    Tue: Off
    Wed: 11pm-7 am
    Thurs: 11pm - 7 am
    Fri: off
    Sat: 3pm - 11pm
    Sun: 3pm -11pm

I wanted to try IF, but really with me bouncing all around...how is it possible!

As far as sleep goes, all are decent nights but my grave yard days. I don't sleep. If I do it is like 3-4 hours. Maybe I just need more sleep!? I have a hard time sleeping when the rest of the world is moving around.

Oof, that is a tough schedule 😵 Sleep is so hard on graveyard shifts. Growing up, my dad worked graveyard often and years ago I would work 11pm-11am shifts. Sleep sounds like it could be a very likely culprit, as you arent getting any recovery time in.
    In terms of macros, they are just your distribution of fat, carbs and protein in your diet. If you look in your diary, you can click on the pie chart and it will give you what your daily macros look like. That can help you tune things a bit.
    I would definitely look to see how you can get more sleep though. With 3 hours, you are probably only getting 30min of deep sleep. I know that's easier said than done though. Good luck!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    I'll see what I can do. Yeah my schudule is a tricky one. Hope it stays the same so I can do something regular again!

Today is my rest day, so just steps today. Be back at it tommorow. Maybe I just need a recovery day!? I been going for what feels like months. Oh well slow and steady. I will get there. I will be posting my end results and starting picture with end picture at the end of my 30 days. 👍
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Finally! I got in. Ok so yeah have been trying to get into the community for awhile..

Level 3, Day 2 and 3 done. Took a rest day as posted above. I don't know if I should go on with this one tho. I was feeling like more of a workout in the first 2 levels? Anyways the finish line is fast approaching. July 4th now is my last day. 👍
  • bigbeff82
    bigbeff82 Posts: 31 Member
    You guys have done fantastically. I've just come across this thread - kinda realised I need to sort myself out because I've been a bit rubbish in lockdown. I'm going to start this 1st July. Does anyone have the link for the workout?
  • Xlivnfree1982
    I think if you look on the first page of this a member put up a link? I have the DVD so I have been using that.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Ok so I am on hold! Tooth pain I started feeling Tueday landed me at the dentist Saturday (yes my dentist is open Saturdays), and I need a root canal. Ugh..why!!! So I am here at home with a golf ball size pocket of nasty stuff in what I think is my jaw line?, waiting for my root canal on Monday at 5pm!

I am so frustrated. The stress, lack of water, and not eating hardly anything this week becuase of the pain has my numbers and weight all over the place now.

I will just post my before and after Tommorw along with my Measurments and call it a wrap peeps. 4 days shy, but I am starting Ripped on July 1st, and a 2 week ab challenge online from Chole Ting?? Have to check out the spelling, but gunna give it a shot.