The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome folks - you definitely have a supportive group here - I am hoping to start up some challenges soon and enjoy interacting most with those who grew up loving 80’s and 90’s music (Especially 80’s) - feel free to add me!
  • SoonerFanForLife
    Options
    49 year old desperate to lose weight to become healthy! Any tips would be welcomed!
    Welcome - everyone here will get tired of hearing me say - one good decision at a time leads to amazing results - you came to the right place for support and encouragement - you got this!!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I’m seeing all these young athletic people on here, killing it at the gym, burning innumerable calories for hours at a time... I’m over here logging a 30 minute walk or workout on the Wii Fit whenever I can squeeze in a few minutes of personal time for myself, lol... 🤦🏼‍♀️

Everyone had to start somewhere. And often times profile pictures are their inspiration as opposed to them
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m seeing all these young athletic people on here, killing it at the gym, burning innumerable calories for hours at a time... I’m over here logging a 30 minute walk or workout on the Wii Fit whenever I can squeeze in a few minutes of personal time for myself, lol... 🤦🏼‍♀️

That’s so true. I get so excited for something that burns calories and gets work done at the same time.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Woo hoo no covid!!!! Got my results in less than two days. Now I guess I get to visit my mom
  • SoonerFanForLife
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Woo hoo no covid!!!! Got my results in less than two days. Now I guess I get to visit my mom

Awesome news - enjoy the visit!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Awesome news - enjoy the visit!

Thanks! I'll have to repeat it in two weeks if I want to keep visiting but at least it's a start and I know the process now
  • SoonerFanForLife
    Options
    How was the test?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    How was the test?

Not bad really. Here where I live everyone can get a test so the while process was less than 45 minutes. The test itself stung a little and my now has been a bit tender and runny since. Then again it's allergy season too so it's sensitive. As I listened to others getting tested I was like fee 10 seconds is short I can do that easily...well 10 seconds with a giant swab up your nose swirling around feels like hours but it was fine really. Better than a throat swab
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    How was the test?

Not bad really. Here where I live everyone can get a test so the while process was less than 45 minutes. The test itself stung a little and my now has been a bit tender and runny since. Then again it's allergy season too so it's sensitive. As I listened to others getting tested I was like fee 10 seconds is short I can do that easily...well 10 seconds with a giant swab up your nose swirling around feels like hours but it was fine really. Better than a throat swab

My husband had it done twice. (Work related exposure) He said it's not pleasant, but over quickly.

Enjoy the visit with your mom.

My mom has had 4. They tested every senior who lives in a congregate environment and then she had an overnight at a hospital where she was tested 3 times! It's just weird but ya it doesn't take long.

I have had no exposure and no symptoms. I think if they could they'd go door to door testing here
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone.

P.s. Had 3 tests to date. Bit uncomfortable. But unpleasant. No real drama
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

Great news, Ali! Enjoy your time with your mom.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone.

P.s. Had 3 tests to date. Bit uncomfortable. But unpleasant. No real drama

Glad it went ok for you.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Great news, Ali! Enjoy your time with your mom.

Thanks after some confusion I have booked the patio for our visit. We still have to be distant and wear masks but it's something
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

I'm with you. 30 to 45 minutes is fine. Better than nothing at all.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Awesome!! Both if you please keep safe.
  • BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ate healthy today, nice 12oz piece of Atlantic salmon, smoked over cherry wood, cup of salad, even had enough left over for 2oz of fine Kentucky bourbon. Now its pool time. Happy 4th everyone!!!
  • Befitat40
    Befitat40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How are all you “‘middle Agee’s” doing?? Hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th!
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Befitat40 wrote: »
    How are all you “‘middle Agee’s” doing?? Hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th!

I am sure it will be a great weekend.
  • mlparedes03
    mlparedes03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Luisa. I'm new here and I'm 51.