WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,805 Member
    Kelcey: 😥 fur baby. (((Hugs)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    Beth Belated Happy Birthday. 😥 on the adverse reaction to your Blizzard. Sid’s Law!!! I hope you feel better soon.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    Winter but getting some walking in ...

Distance: 4.46km
    Moving Time: 49:51
    Elapsed Time: 53:41
    Pace: 11:10/km
    Calories150

tfpmjudipier.png

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,584 Member
    Debbie in Napa
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BB&B including mat!, rotisseried chicken, called PC guy, picked up tire, BiMart, Grocery Outlet
    Bonus: dropped off laptop he’ll cleanse and research adding mic, ready in a few days. Jiggle jogged while watching dog training dvd.
    Get to do: Shadow to vet, invest 28 mins Master Bath, carry over cleaning mins: 30 Bedrooms, 20 mins Office, 10 Living Rm; make coleslaw; water garden; line dance class; practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    7: Shift mood by doing something you really enjoy: That will be line dancing tonight.

Spent my cleaning time chance figuring out how to connect in through the community college’s website to zoom BB&B. Couldn’t mute when connected from iphone. Joe’s laptop has no camera. Used phone without audio for camera and laptop with audio to hear and speak. Sure hope PC guy has a solution before next Monday’s class.

Katla In the stores here mask wearing has increased significantly with the governor’s order, all staff and 9 in 10 shoppers masked, a vast improvement over June 30.
    Rita love your pics especially the full moon. Then saw the “just for fun” Dang gal, you look GOOD!
    Luci that “not smiling” pic made me snort my water. Precious town to her toes!
    Amber is this the chocolate you were looking for? It’s one of my faves.https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/1133097776?date=2020-07-07&show_controls=true
    60 lbs gone! VERY well done!
    Rebecca what you said about the gals here, and yes, you ARE a wonder woman.
    Ginny “Standing on a ladder and cleaning overhead “ must be quite a calorie burner. Well done!
    Sharon “...welcome a large wolf spider...” [shudder] :noway:
    Sarah in Israel oops, sorry for my NZ typo. Congratulations on the 30 day logging streak, the 1.4 kilo reduction is a great reward!
    Kelceybyers ((hugs))
    allie glad to hear the ‘gators aren’t on the beach. They sssscare me!
    Heather “...better than being bored...” That was Mama and Papa’s dynamic. Papa so enjoyed seeing Mama “go up like a rocket” that he’d intentionally set her off. SMH. Witnessing the nightly dinner table fireworks only made me queasy. Each to his/her own.
    RockingMBC Michelle? That baked Rajma looks yummy.. except of course for the cilantro :sick:
    Michele what is a “Jersey tomato”?
    Beth belated best birthday wishes!
    Barbie “...leftovers...” :lol:
    Viv ((hugs))
    Welcome @Annalaurel96 con VERY gratulations for all you’ve done since May 26. Discarding 13.3 lbs a great reward for all your hard work.
    Welcome @claresbubbe I’m in awe of your getting down to 124. Could some sodium have snuck in to account for the pound?
    Welcome @renewing1 Marie from FL!

Missing JanetR, Debby in VA, Kylia.

Fireworks weren't bad here, nothing like last year's weeks of 2 am BOOMs.

But the wind just won't quit. Could it be giving me these headaches?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=5887 vits=6 log=6 CI<CO=6 CI<250<CO=5 Tumble & Shadow 5=7 mfp=4 clean 10 mins=4 outside=5 up hill=5
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=3 rx=1 dance=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=3.75 play= sew=
  • TerriRichardson112
    Barbara: Technology can be soooooo frustrating. Hope you get it sorted soon.

It’s younger grandson’s Birthday tomorrow. We are planning a family Skype tomorrow afternoon, and we are having a get together on Sunday to celebrate. Just found out that granddaughter is flying home for that. I really want to see them all, but I am apprehensive about her flying in.

Contemplating a day at the computer collating/proofreading/editing elder grandson’s Birthday Project. I want to add in photos before I print it. I’d like to give it to him on Sunday. I plan to have it printed professionally later this year to give to my family as Christmas Gifts.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    edited July 2020
    Viv - So sorry about your cat. My mother waited too long to have my beloved Oscar put to sleep when he had kidney failure. I have never had a pet because of seeing that suffering (and other pets) and having to part with them too soon because of their short lives. I'm sure you will be brave enough and caring enough to do the right thing at the right time. <3

Had a very unusual bout of indigestion in the middle of the night. Had to retreat upstairs and swig back Gaviscon. Read for a while and lost about 90 mins sleep. I have no idea what caused it.

Missing the grandchildren. Will have to organize meet up or Zoom. I hate to nag though.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Beth - Happy Belated Birthday!

Kelcey - Welcome and so sorry about your pup. Losing our fur babies is so very hard.

Marie - Welcome!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
  • Machka9
    edited July 2020
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Jumpback July
    7: Shift mood by doing something you really enjoy: That will be line dancing tonight.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie

I looked at that one today and thought ... I'm not sure what that would be anymore.

Most of what I do is just what I do. Necessary. There are occasionally things that make the days more pleasant like listening to music while I work, watching a few favourite TV shows in the evenings, reading a novel now and then, sleeping in on the weekends. But something I really enjoy?? Those things are gone now and I just try not to think of them.

In case you're wondering what we're talking about ... :)
    xnkhf18kp9wv.png

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited July 2020
    Viv sorry about Logan.

One of my dearest friends has learned she has to go in for a biopsy in a few weeks yesterday. Wrapping her in hugs.

Went to see other son who lives about 30 miles away. He enjoyed meeting Drew. We had pizza at a picnic table and a nice walk along a creek near his apartment. He lives in a converted factory. It you have every heard of Red Wing pottery that is the old factory where he lives.

Drew played with new friend last night named Whiskey no not the alcohol type. Neighbor has a chihuahua mix too. It wore her out and she is still sleeping. I learned it is the chihuahua in her that makes her like to dig under the covers and create her own sanctuary. I need to do more of that too.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    BETH ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!

KAREN ~ Your stuffed zuke looks interesting. Glad you were able to use it so successfully.

VIV ~ So sorry to hear about your cat. The last cat we had (a 15 yr old Siamese) had cancer and had to be put down. We loved that cat.

I am back on track after overdoing it with pizza over the weekend!

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌸🌻🌺
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
    yesterday total

Bike ride home on way 2 sumner station, got a flat, walk back home- 1hr29min07sec, 146mhr, 4.8amph, 7.09mi= 601c
    apple watch- 388c
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    PIP ~ I know you got offers on your house, but, did you accept one? I didn't understand.

Carol
  • Machka9
    uwyipf1ldi9g.png
    {{Hugs}} to those who are losing their fur babies. :(

bwcetc wrote: »
    The 4th was my birthday and it was a good day.
    Beth near Buffalo

2jzcfq6gnxkj.png
    Happy Birthday!

59tvjbpasctr.png

To all the newcomers ... just jump right in wherever you feel comfortable. :) Ask questions, tell us about yourselves, whatever you like. :)

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member

Happy belated birthday, Beth!
  • asilverlininggirl
    asilverlininggirl Posts: 3 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Winter but getting some walking in ...

Distance: 4.46km
    Moving Time: 49:51
    Elapsed Time: 53:41
    Pace: 11:10/km
    Calories150

tfpmjudipier.png

Machka in Oz

What in the world is this wonderful thing? Please share!