BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Hope you are all having a terrific Tuesday!

Not looking forward to weighing in...not only have I come up on the p-word, but TOM is approaching. It's going to be U-G-L-Y. Sorry, kids. Still plan on kicking my own rear at step class tonight. Maybe switching things up will help. Who knows?

Sam, Sara, and Andrew- We don't have any kids of our own yet, but I can definitely remember my little sister always wanting to run around naked when she was that age. Shoot, she would rather be naked now and she is 20!

TOM sucks! I was planning on making the same appologies tonight after Bobbi posted the new thread. Stupid stupid TOM. :grumble:

If you are at a p-word, though, I honest to goodness suggest the food shock method. It has worked twice for me! The feeling the next day is horrible, but it gets the scale a movin'! *hugs* We love you no matter what the scale says, Shuntae!

Oh, and I feel for your sister. If I could just stay home by myself all day long, well, let's just say the curtains would be closed. :laugh:

I may have to try the food shock method and see what it does. I'm kind of wondering if it has more to do with being so close to my goal and my body being happy where it is. I know my last 4 are nothing short of vanity pounds (I picked my goal because it would be 100 pounds), so I'm going to switch some things up in the next few weeks and see where I end up at the beginning of April. If it's in the same spot, I think I can be pretty happy with 96 gone. No one will know it but me, anyway. :bigsmile:

I can't believe I forgot to share this...but I bought a size 8 shirt for the first time ever last week (I was always pudgy, so this really made me happy.)!

the trick is to truly OVER eat. I tried twice and it didnt work because I ate a big ol cheese burger......then didnt eat another thing for the day! When I looked back I had the same old 1300 calories! The day it worked for me I actually was talking to sara and she said have ICE CREAM!! So I did. You should have seen DH prancing out the door to get me icecream...........he thought the healthy food 'kick' was over

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!

anyway, it worked like a charm for me.:bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I feel for your sister. If I could just stay home by myself all day long, well, let's just say the curtains would be closed. :laugh:

The way I am feeling these last 2 days I might do this with the curtains OPEN!!!:blushing:

Weighed myself this morning said 179 lets pray tomorrow says the same thing.
    Those running shorts I bought were a size large and I ordered some clothes from old navy and I fit into a size 12 mini skirt!! I went from a tight 18 and now some 12's fit YAY ME!!!:bigsmile:

YAY 12's!!!!! YAY MINI!

YAY 12's!! WOOT WOOT on the mini ! I LOVE IT!!! It's like that blue princess dress! I don't want to take it off! :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Congrats on the 12s and the MINI!!! What a great feeling :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

the trick is to truly OVER eat. I tried twice and it didnt work because I ate a big ol cheese burger......then didnt eat another thing for the day! When I looked back I had the same old 1300 calories! The day it worked for me I actually was talking to sara and she said have ICE CREAM!! So I did. You should have seen DH prancing out the door to get me icecream...........he thought the healthy food 'kick' was over

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!

The moral of the story? Always listen to Sara. :bigsmile: :laugh:

Lynnie - I hope today wasn't too brutal!

Sam - WTG! The feeling is SOOOO good when you start seeing those small sizes coming at you! YAY!

Nicky - My dh was super shy when I first met him, too. Now, he never shuts up...or stops touching me. :laugh: Perhaps his mother raised him right & he's taking it slow. :smile: Next time, just jump him. LOL
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

The way I am feeling these last 2 days I might do this with the curtains OPEN!!!:blushing:

Those running shorts I bought were a size large and I ordered some clothes from old navy and I fit into a size 12 mini skirt!! I went from a tight 18 and now some 12's fit YAY ME!!!:bigsmile:

YAY 12's!!!!! YAY MINI!

YAY 12's!! WOOT WOOT on the mini ! I LOVE IT!!! It's like that blue princess dress! I don't want to take it off! :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It felt FANTASTIC!! I bought it smaller because I knew I was losing weight and planned on wearing it closer to summer but when it got here I decided to try it on and low and behold it fit!!!:bigsmile: I just may start :heart: ing MINIS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!

The moral of the story? Always listen to Sara. :bigsmile: :laugh:

Lynnie - I hope today wasn't too brutal!

Sam - WTG! The feeling is SOOOO good when you start seeing those small sizes coming at you! YAY!

Nicky - My dh was super shy when I first met him, too. Now, he never shuts up...or stops touching me. :laugh: Perhaps his mother raised him right & he's taking it slow. :smile: Next time, just jump him. LOL

Yeah, sure-- if I listen to Sara, I'm gonna be bearin' my all at Ripley's Believe it or Not-- presumably for money-- or until I get arrested. Take her advice at your own peril, my good women.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

YAY 12's!!!!! YAY MINI!

It felt FANTASTIC!! I bought it smaller because I knew I was losing weight and planned on wearing it closer to summer but when it got here I decided to try it on and low and behold it fit!!!:bigsmile: I just may start :heart: ing MINIS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I'm inspired to try some when I have to start looking for summer clothes!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

YAY 12's!!!!! YAY MINI!

I bet you would look DAMN good in a mini now!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

YAY 12's!!!!! YAY MINI!

I bet you would look DAMN good in a mini now!!!

Awww, thank you! I know BF would enjoy it :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Awww, thank you! I know BF would enjoy it :wink:

Hubs sure did. So, I bet BF will too! He is a man!:laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sara – Rachael Ray always talks about Greek yogurt. She thinks it’s Yum-o and delish. :laugh:

Sam – Yea! for the great pre-weigh-in weigh-in and Yea! for the skirt fitting! So you will wear your mini and your daughter will wear her princess dress all day long?

Nicky – Maybe he is a gentleman. It is rare but it happens. :laugh: Dave didn’t kiss me on our first date. After we saw a movie, we were sitting in the lobby almost face to face staring at each other, me thinking, “Is he going to kiss me or what?” He didn't.

Marla – But if you listen to Sara you could earn lots of money! Thinks to self *Is it possible that Sara could always be right?*

Dave is afraid he might be p-word-ing. He weighs a couple times a week and is always lower. But he’s been the same for 3 days. I told him about the eating a lot to jumpstart your metabolism. I told him that it didn’t work for me but others swear by it. I told him that if he hasn’t lost by next week’s weigh-in we can go to McDonald’s. I said I am willing to do that for him. :laugh:

At the store today I bought a cactus pear and an ugli fruit. For those of you, like me, who’ve never had one, I looked up on the internet how to eat them. The cactus pear you peel like a kiwi. It was a bright purple redish color and smelled like a plum but tasted like a somehow both bland and sour melon. (Not so good.) The ugli fruit was extremely juicy and you cut it like a grapefruit. It tasted like a blander yet lemony-er orange. It was pretty good and supposedly pretty healthy.

So now I’ve finished my 3 new things just in time. (It would’ve been pretty bad to fail my own challenge.)
    #1 – I tried salmon at Long John Silver’s.
    #2 – I did the Biggest Loser workout DVD. (I am just now almost not sore after doing it 3 times.)
    #3 – I tried a cactus pear and an ugli fruit.

Who has the next challenge? Do we get any hints yet?
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam – Yea! for the great pre-weigh-in weigh-in and Yea! for the skirt fitting! So you will wear your mini and your daughter will wear her princess dress all day long?

Who has the next challenge? Do we get any hints yet?

I might wear it every other day!:bigsmile: :laugh: :blushing:

Bobbi I need mext weeks challenge!:sad:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'm getting ready to post it.:noway:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening folks!!!!!

How did everyone's last chance workout go? Is everyone ready for the weigh in tommorow? Well here were my three new things for this week challenge.
    Tried two new recipes from cooking light and loved em.
    Tried so new weight training machines at the gym
    I tried a few new yoga poses on the wii fit.

As for my personal challenge to get the to gym all seven days this week. I DID it!!!!!!

Not one day without a trip to the gym. Just pulled my calories burned report for the week.....6600 calories. Holy crap. I really hope I put up a good number for the team this week. Everyone seems to have tried some great new stuff this week! Can't wait for the next challenge!

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Evening folks!!!!!

How did everyone's last chance workout go? Is everyone ready for the weigh in tommorow? Well here were my three new things for this week challenge.

As for my personal challenge to get the to gym all seven days this week. I DID it!!!!!!

Not one day without a trip to the gym. Just pulled my calories burned report for the week.....6600 calories. Holy crap. I really hope I put up a good number for the team this week. Everyone seems to have tried some great new stuff this week! Can't wait for the next challenge!

Oi! ... I'm just too busy!! Wish I had time to chat.

I was going to try 30 day shred but stupid netflix messed up my queue and I ended up getting The Mummy instead!! Both probably equally scary, although I imagine that The Mummy is much funnier.

Soooo...I:

(1) Tried quick cooking steel cut oats ... yum ... they actually cook right in the microwave!
    (2) Tried Better N Peanut Butter. Not really. Yes, it's lower fat & half the calories, but it doesn't taste much like PB, and it's very sweet (even though it says it only has 2 g of sugar!)
    (3) Dang ... I had another one. What was it? Hmm ... Oh, it was going to be Jillian's torture fest. So ... let's see, what did I do new?? Well, it's a tossup between the new steps we learned in lindy & the new cereal I got at Trader Joe's (there is a theme going on here ... all my new stuff was from TJ!) 9 grain honey almond flax ... oh so yummy...

Ugh ... gotta get to work. :cry:

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Evening folks!!!!!

Sooooooooo cranky-- planned all day to get my workout in tonight, and of course family/life obligations ran over me-- damn damn damn.