Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Coronavirus prep

1307308310312313462

Replies

  • kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,542 Member Member Posts: 15,542 Member
    Would love to know who disagreed with my post about death certificates and why, since it’s simply facts and not opinions, and disagreeing with facts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me!

    Either it was a phone scrolling accident or someone really thinks death certificates should be public!
  • kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,542 Member Member Posts: 15,542 Member
    My local county (in Virginia) just tentatively announced that grades 5 - 8 and high school will be on some kind of split schedule, but grades K - 4 will be regular everyday in class. As of right now my little nephews will be attending, though it sounds like they will be driven to school rather than taking the bus. My parents have recently started having my brother, SIL, and the boys over to their house and I asked if they will reconsider that once school starts and they said "we'll see". We have had relatively few cases here in Central VA and don't know anyone whose gotten it, and I think they're really convinced it's going to stay that way. There's really nothing I can say at this point, I just have to hope that's the case, or they at least go back to being more careful in time if things accelerate.

    It's really bizarre seeing two people who were so over protective when we were little, and are so afraid of lots of let's say modern ideas, be so lackadaisical about this thing.

    On a positive note, our parent company is still preaching everyone who possibly can working from home and masks mandated everywhere except if you're alone in your office if you come into work, so that's one thing I'm grateful I don't have to worry about!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,963 Member Member Posts: 5,963 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Did everybody see the bus driver who was assaulted by a couple people, all over mask requirements; he died due to extensive brain injuries. :( WTF is wrong with people???? They need extensive jail time, hopefully in a Covid ward of some kind. I'm sorry, I wouldn't wish Covid on my enemies but really, to me that'd be justice working at its best.

    Is that the one in France? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/french-bus-driver-beaten-death-after-asking-passengers-wear-face-n1233603

    I recall being surprised that stuff like that was apparently happening there too.

    A friend of mine took the bus recently, and she said most were wearing them, but not all. I wish the drivers were enforcing them here, or refusing to let people on. Possibly some are, some aren't.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 17,158 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17,158 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would love to know who disagreed with my post about death certificates and why, since it’s simply facts and not opinions, and disagreeing with facts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me!

    Either it was a phone scrolling accident or someone really thinks death certificates should be public!

    Possibly a scrolling thing, but it's tempting to believe this thread is frequented by one of the drive-by grudge-disagreers, from looking at some of the patterns. 🤷‍♀️
  • spiriteagle99spiriteagle99 Member Posts: 2,896 Member Member Posts: 2,896 Member
    Would love to know who disagreed with my post about death certificates and why, since it’s simply facts and not opinions, and disagreeing with facts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me!

    Probably just someone being a jerk.
  • Theoldguy1Theoldguy1 Member Posts: 1,422 Member Member Posts: 1,422 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Did everybody see the bus driver who was assaulted by a couple people, all over mask requirements; he died due to extensive brain injuries. :( WTF is wrong with people???? They need extensive jail time, hopefully in a Covid ward of some kind. I'm sorry, I wouldn't wish Covid on my enemies but really, to me that'd be justice working at its best.

    Is that the one in France? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/french-bus-driver-beaten-death-after-asking-passengers-wear-face-n1233603

    I recall being surprised that stuff like that was apparently happening there too.

    A friend of mine took the bus recently, and she said most were wearing them, but not all. I wish the drivers were enforcing them here, or refusing to let people on. Possibly some are, some aren't.

    Unfortunately the driver would rather take a chance with the possible virus vs possible physical altercation.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 3,056 Member Member Posts: 3,056 Member
    Lemurcat2, yes, that's the incident. :( So sad and senseless and hope they throw the book at the 4 involved.
  • MaxxittMaxxitt Member Posts: 1,263 Member Member Posts: 1,263 Member
    On another note, I ran across this today - just anecdotal, but not terribly encouraging, account of likely re-infection after clearing covid-19 once http://bitly.ws/92Jk It doesn't surprise me, given the emerging data about how antibody level appears to fall over time.
    edited July 12
  • GaleHawkinsGaleHawkins Member Posts: 7,973 Member Member Posts: 7,973 Member
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    On another note, I ran across this today - just anecdotal, but not terribly encouraging, account of likely re-infection after clearing covid-19 once http://bitly.ws/92Jk It doesn't surprise me, given the emerging data about how antibody level appears to fall over time.

    That is not encouraging if it is proven factual. Actually some people have the more common flu types over and over. We just do not have hard science on COVID-19 yet but that should come down the road.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Member Posts: 1,109 Member Member Posts: 1,109 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

    Sanitizer is recommended when hand washing isn't possible. I can't use alcohol-based sanitizer as it causes contact dermatitis so I have to carry my own bottle of non-alcohol sanitizer since some stores have made hand sanitizing mandatory for entrance. I carry my own soap too as most of the commercial quality detergents are too harsh. I used the stuff in the bathrooms at work twice (forgot my little bottle before I went in) and the skin on my fingers has opened up in about five places. If I'd been using sanitizer regularly since March, I'd have no skin left on my hands at this point.

    My daughter's hands break out terribly from almost all soaps, but sanitizer doesn't seem to bother her. Then again it's only like once a week she uses it (church, or she's been to the doctor once).

    They did a soap substitution that gave her the worst rash I've seen on her hands. We had another "unusual" soap once when it was all they had, and it set us back on the rash again.

    She now uses Cetaphil or Cerave face wash. We don't carry it around, as it seems once at church or something won't hurt, but I feel your pain.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Member Posts: 1,109 Member Member Posts: 1,109 Member
    Went to the dentist for a cleaning on Friday—screening questions on the phone, called when I arrived, more screening questions & temperature check while masked, outside, front door locked before/after entrance—no non masked/temp checked person is getting in there!

    Hygienist masked, gloves, w face shield, couldn’t polish teeth bc of possible aerosols.
    2 patients in whole office at a time, and she was wiping down all the things we had to swish peroxide rinse before starting...glad I don’t have a strong gag reflex! I’m fine w that, just really wanted to see if the filling I thought was chipped was (yup. And has been since right after lockdown. Hoping not a lot of extra decay, but need a crown now). Covid is costing me a crown and a new retainer and months of new TMJ pain from teeth shifting bc previous retainer didn’t work w crown I got right bf Covid. Not to mention front teeth are now crooked when they never had been...so probably another round of invisiline. Bah, Covid.

    Noticed they are charging us $20 per visit for PPE. Dentist is friendly w my husband and they were commiserating about how hard it was to get PPE for physician/dentist offices—dentist spent $10K at the beginning of lockdown on PPE for his solo office. I’m sure it’s been more since then—that was when he was only seeing emergencies.

    Ugh, this doesn't make me hopeful about my TMJ getting better. Although I see why my dentist wants to hold off on any night guards until all my work is complete. I've been to the dentist several times since covid hit, I was not charged extra for PPE.

    It was said earlier - shouldn't dentists already be wearing masks and gloves? They just need to wear them longer/keep them on when talking. How do they get off charging your $20 extra? You can get a pack of 100 face shields on Amazon for $35 last I checked.

Sign In or Register to comment.