Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,454 Member Member Posts: 15,454 Member
    Would love to know who disagreed with my post about death certificates and why, since it’s simply facts and not opinions, and disagreeing with facts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me!

Either it was a phone scrolling accident or someone really thinks death certificates should be public!
  • kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,454 Member Member Posts: 15,454 Member
    My local county (in Virginia) just tentatively announced that grades 5 - 8 and high school will be on some kind of split schedule, but grades K - 4 will be regular everyday in class. As of right now my little nephews will be attending, though it sounds like they will be driven to school rather than taking the bus. My parents have recently started having my brother, SIL, and the boys over to their house and I asked if they will reconsider that once school starts and they said "we'll see". We have had relatively few cases here in Central VA and don't know anyone whose gotten it, and I think they're really convinced it's going to stay that way. There's really nothing I can say at this point, I just have to hope that's the case, or they at least go back to being more careful in time if things accelerate.

It's really bizarre seeing two people who were so over protective when we were little, and are so afraid of lots of let's say modern ideas, be so lackadaisical about this thing.

On a positive note, our parent company is still preaching everyone who possibly can working from home and masks mandated everywhere except if you're alone in your office if you come into work, so that's one thing I'm grateful I don't have to worry about!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,672 Member Member Posts: 5,672 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Did everybody see the bus driver who was assaulted by a couple people, all over mask requirements; he died due to extensive brain injuries. :( WTF is wrong with people???? They need extensive jail time, hopefully in a Covid ward of some kind. I'm sorry, I wouldn't wish Covid on my enemies but really, to me that'd be justice working at its best.

Is that the one in France? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/french-bus-driver-beaten-death-after-asking-passengers-wear-face-n1233603

I recall being surprised that stuff like that was apparently happening there too.

A friend of mine took the bus recently, and she said most were wearing them, but not all. I wish the drivers were enforcing them here, or refusing to let people on. Possibly some are, some aren't.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,509 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,509 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would love to know who disagreed with my post about death certificates and why, since it’s simply facts and not opinions, and disagreeing with facts doesn’t make a lot of sense to me!

Either it was a phone scrolling accident or someone really thinks death certificates should be public!

Possibly a scrolling thing, but it's tempting to believe this thread is frequented by one of the drive-by grudge-disagreers, from looking at some of the patterns. 🤷‍♀️
  • spiriteagle99spiriteagle99 Member Posts: 2,806 Member Member Posts: 2,806 Member

Probably just someone being a jerk.
  • Theoldguy1Theoldguy1 Member Posts: 1,235 Member Member Posts: 1,235 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Did everybody see the bus driver who was assaulted by a couple people, all over mask requirements; he died due to extensive brain injuries. :( WTF is wrong with people???? They need extensive jail time, hopefully in a Covid ward of some kind. I'm sorry, I wouldn't wish Covid on my enemies but really, to me that'd be justice working at its best.

Is that the one in France? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/french-bus-driver-beaten-death-after-asking-passengers-wear-face-n1233603

I recall being surprised that stuff like that was apparently happening there too.

A friend of mine took the bus recently, and she said most were wearing them, but not all. I wish the drivers were enforcing them here, or refusing to let people on. Possibly some are, some aren't.

Unfortunately the driver would rather take a chance with the possible virus vs possible physical altercation.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,246 Member Member Posts: 2,246 Member
    Lemurcat2, yes, that's the incident. :( So sad and senseless and hope they throw the book at the 4 involved.