Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Its Lunch time - Dawn if your DD is one many meds dizziness is possible with the medical interaction, but that is also a valid reason to see Dr.

CA is on lockdown again, so I do not know if my apts will be cancelled later this month or not.

I have a get together next week and I am willing to have them hang out on my patio with my dining room table and chairs - we shall see it is only 3 people.

Need to inhale food and back to salt mine.

Hang in there.

• QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    This seems like my kind of thread. In fact, I'm starting again today. I have about 57 lbs to loose. It seems like an unachievable goal, but I know it's possible.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited July 2020
    0185afanh361.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY July 15th ***

Good morning all and a big welcome to QueenZee ☀️ You posted very early this morning. Where do you live?
    Please visit us as often as you can.
    We will help each other get to where we want to be.

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Holly and Sara in the UK and Runa (I miss you Runa in Tulsa!) and Saltine and Missy in the NorthEast.

Sara, make hay while Mrs Monster is away.

Dawn, I hope that things get better every day for your step dad and his heart.

Mother Nature has graced NC with another morning of sunshine, so I am feeling upbeat.

The Cabana Boys will be having a special Wednesday Happy Hour with zero-calorie drinks and snacks~~

Lana

262.6 highest
    261.0 today
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Short note I cut it close this morning. AARRGGHH.

Got 5700 steps yesterday, so the after dinner walk is productive. Scale was kinder this morning. Cant walk and munch at the same time (at least in theory).

People in proximity are showing possible COVID signs, so you would think people would wear masks? I am one of the few and a couple wear them more often.

My community has not put their "smart hat" on and are still thinking through their "child". Not surprised just is.

Time to run and enjoy my last Mrs Monster free day for awhile.

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited July 2020
    I knew it had been awhile since I checked in but when I saw there have been over 400 posts since I did.... WHOA!
    You guys have been busy!!! No way I am going to be able to go back through all those posts so I guess I will have to pick up from here, just like I was a newbie!

So how is everyone? How has everyone been? Whats new?? How are the cabana boys??
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 596 Member
    Hi to all. We have had a lot of rain. I went for a walk with Skye and was soaked with sweat from the humidity, even though it was only 70F out; no rain at that time, either. I had a treat from my daughter and just haven't been hungry the rest of the day, so I am going to assume that was enough on top of my tuna salad lunch.

Welcome, Queenz. I have discovered that slow and steady seems to work, at least thus far. I'm about 25 lbs down since the beginning of March and it seems something of a miracle. I never get too hungry, even though I exercise a lot right now while I have the time. Once school resumes, I'll be busy teaching and I don't know if it will be so easy. But it's encouraging b/c I don't seem to be having the issues with hunger. I know I will be very tired, and I have to be prepared not to eat as though it will somehow make me feel less tired; I've done that in the past.

Hoping everyone is doing well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2020
    Third day in a row I have walked 5k or more - will keep this up while the temps are not so HOT -
  • Iamtheoracle
    Iamtheoracle Posts: 6 Member
    I have been a serial starter forever! Did WW years ago for awhile, went vegan, tried a weight loss program at work. Crapped out early on in some and lasted longer in others. But here I am back to being fat woman. I am determined this is the last time. I am 62, have intermittent afib, my mother died two years ago from heart failure. I just can't take it anymore. This is it! I am all in.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Morning all. Met up with a friend I havent seen since pre lockdown yesterday, and shared a cream tea with her as my late birthday treat. It was so lovely - both to see her and have the tea. No guilt, just planned meals around it and tried to walk extra where I could to help the balance.

Today is tidy and clean the flat day - yug.

Hope all are well
  • LanaCabana537
    or4uirph42vo.jpeg
    *** Thursday July 16th ***

Welcome to Oracle~ Ugh! Intermittent Afib. I understand completely.

I just started having arrhythmia last night and this morning, after living worry-free, having had an ablation 5 years ago. I hope that it settles down today. I do not want to go to the hospital for this during covid....

Sara in UK, what is a cream tea?

Kathryn - So good to see you! The Cabana Boys have missed you terribly!

Maureen - when does school resume for you up in Wisconsin?

Sara in CA - 🎉Congratulations on your excellent walking streak! I hope that the temperatures let you get a few more days in before the next heat wave.

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Holly and Runa and Saltine and QueenZee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Scale is showing my efforts by ounces but down is down.

Monster is back and rested -just so glad I am at home.

New Miss T picture for awhile. Still my best little girl even though she had to move on.

It is almost FRIDAY!!

SaraUK - calories get burned cleaning house.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 596 Member
    Looks like some folks are seeing some progress. Congrats.

To those of you with health concerns, you have my sympathy. It makes things harder.

Lana, I have no idea yet "how" we will go back. Things are pretty out of control here in Dane County. I'm glad we have a mask order and people seem to be observing it. That's promising b/c we have anti-maskers here too.

Our days are still damp but cool and today was sunny. Enjoyed my walks with the dogs. Have bruises from a massage yesterday. The guy is good and I bruise easily, so I'm not surprised. The bruises aren't where my pain was most. Maybe I've overdone it again lately. Backing off to no running for about 10 days, I guess, and will resume then.

Hoping all are staying well as far as Covid goes.
  • LanaCabana537
    7sbo0rgsxrxb.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY July 17th ***

Happy Friday morning everyone~~

Getting us started and then looking for more coffee ☕️

Lana

262.6 highest
    258.8 today
    214.0 lofty year end goal
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Just wanted to say it is a joy to read your posts Lana. I really need to meet some of the cabana boys. If they like stubbies I am all in!😀
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Tubbies. Autocorrect at its finest. I am stubby too though.
  • Sara628588
    or4uirph42vo.jpeg
    *** Thursday July 16th ***

Sara in UK, what is a cream tea?

It is a plate of small finger sandwiches, with mini cakes and scones with cream and jam, traditionally served with a pot of tea. Its usually known as Afternoon Tea. Its a very traditional treat. :)

SaraUK - calories get burned cleaning house.

True! Only advantage to doing it in my view - hate housework!

• Sara628588
    edited July 2020

9t3oy1ib5ndw.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Happy Friday and TGIF,

I was hoping cream tea and afternoon tea were the same otherwise I was ???? as well.

Stayed up late and I am sound asleep when the alarm goes off - I took too late of a nap yesterday so it threw my sleep time off.

Scale is down almost 2 pounds this week - keeping up the 5k a day is working so I am hoping to keep it going.

Congratulate ourselves for making it through another week. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Wulfendire
    Wulfendire Posts: 10 Member
    Well, here I go starting again.

I have set myself a goal of planning the next days meals ahead of time. It worked for me before, so hopefully it will help again.

I didn't decide to do this until after lunch today, which is my main meal of the day. I have a little over 200 calories left for today. lol

I don't have the typical eating style of most people though, so that works for me. I tend to eat a light breakfast, one main meal, and a small snack later on. I know it's weird, but I'm really not hungry throughout the day except for that main meal and sometimes not even then.

I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe, and most of all staying sane during this time of quarantine. Take care!
  • Sara628588
    <3