What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Continuing with the Reddit RR. Have to say that this seems to be a routine that works for me. YAYOG lacks proper progression and the programming and volume never worked for me, and Convict Conditioning seems to be building solely towards handstand and similar tricks. Start Bodyweight is ok and I did progress, but not this fast.

Yesterday I did ballet split squats with a 12kg kettlebell. Basically split squats with just a little weight on the back leg on the way down, and lift up that leg and point toes on most of the way up (basically that just happened. No idea why). Also increased my pushups to 6/5/4 and will go to horizontal rows next time.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I hangboarded yesterday, followed by weighted core stuff.

The hangboarding was OK - I got 8 seconds on a 15mm rung, which is an OK effort, although I was hoping for 10 seconds.

Works was silly, so I finished this session at 1 a.m. I meant to do upper body lifts, but I will do them today instead.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    21 rose bushes pruned 7k03886jdlrw.jpeg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Did a 5 minute W/U on the rower this AM, then 6 X 2 Minutes with one minute rests. Felt pretty brutal because it was already 81 degrees at 5 AM. After that, did four more 2 minute intervals on the LateralX with 1:30 active rests. The LateralX is inside in the A/C. Around 750 calories in 47 minutes. 150 was the average HR and the one of the bottom right the max HR. Ticker still gets up there for 55 years old.

i4ls0bvodjqd.png
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Last night run 25 min (after months of not running) this morning weights
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Yoga and general stretching, with front splits attempt at the end. I can split-sit relaxed on my blackroll (14cm) for a minute or longer and am now working on sitting for longer on a round 10cm tompouce popcorn packaging (20 seconds now). I get further down than that but I think it's about allowing your muscles to get used to the position, not just forcing myself down for a short moment. Once that's done I'm probably going for a 7cm cachaca bottle :D
  • drmwc
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I hangboarded yesterday, followed by weighted core stuff.

The hangboarding was OK - I got 8 seconds on a 15mm rung, which is an OK effort, although I was hoping for 10 seconds.

Works was silly, so I finished this session at 1 a.m. I meant to do upper body lifts, but I will do them today instead.

I finished off the session today, with some relatively light upper body lifts (OHP 30 kgs; bench 55 kgs). Although it was light, it felt heavy - I was not in form at all. I started at around midnight, having done 21,000 steps, which may have been sub-optimal preparation.

Oh well, hopefully I can get a climb in tomorrow.
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ...and had another 25 min run :)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Woke up tired, figured I'd try my best, maybe get through half my run. Ended up doing my usual 3 miles and even added an extra quarter mile for good measure. Go figure!

Even threw in some chin-ups (20+) and push-ups (50+) for fun!
  • scollis11
    scollis11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am new to this board, but will hopefully be motivated by you all!
    I do Crossfit about 5-6 days a week an I use CompTrain Programing! If anyone is interested, it is free online! There are leveled WODs if you have equipment or if you are able to get into a gym, and there is also home workouts on their site currently. Today's workout is as follows:

Conditioning
    “Minute to Win It”
    5 Rounds:
    1 Minute Max Burpees
    1 Minute Max Kettlebell Swings (70#/50#)
    1 Minute Max Calorie Bike Erg
    1 Minute Rest
    KILOS 32/24

Capacity Builder
    2:00 x 5 Rounds:
    9 Toes to Bar
    6 Pull-ups
    3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
    Max Wallballs (20/14)

Then I added on: Alternating (every other min) for 10 minutes
    1:00 Abmat situps
    1:00 Plank
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Phase 1 of MAPS Anabolic. Would love reviews if anyone has done this before. I usually do 4 day week upper/lower split but moving to 3day full body. Is this ideal for an intermediate lifter in her early 20s?
  • RenoBA
    RenoBA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This morning I tried a fitbit 15minute exercise thing that has an aim of burning 300cals - I burned 116 so pretty happy. I then did a 7min Fitbit Interval work out.

I will go for a lunchtime run (400cals in under 40mins is the goal) and might do some weights. Will wrap it all up with yoga tonight.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Been a bit tired lately so did just 55 minutes @ less than 70@ max HR on the Assault Bike and the LateralX. Should be able to get back to rowing soon as it's starting to cool off.

Did same thing yesterday, just only 40 minutes. For me, that's close to taking a day off.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did the firm dvd, 20 minutes of total gym, and 15 minutes of crossrope
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Did 7 hard 5 minute intervals with 2 minutes rest, for around 52 minutes - 802 calories. Was pushing hard. HR hit 95% of max on last few intervals.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Day 2 MAPS Anabolic, but I lightened deadlifts a lot. The program doesn’t have a ton of legs so a quick HIIT training on lower body this afternoon. 15K steps.
  • drmwc
    Options
    I missed some logging here. Oh well.

Today was active.
    I webt scuba diving in a quarry to test my kit in the morning. The visibility was around 10 cm (3 inches) - I could not see my arm, let alone the dive computers on it

My kit still works, I remembered how to dive, my air consumption was low.

I had a climb in the afternoon. It was a kind of lazy session - a friend was around, and we didn't go flat out. But it lasted 3 hours, and I sent some solidly hard routes.

I went to a barbecue in the evening, and got a decent walk in on the way home. My Fitbit claims 17,000 steps, but it will have missed a load at the quarry. (I had to park a long way from where we kitted up.)
  • Purplemania
    Purplemania Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ykb1348o5hnd.jpeg
  • Jch4mb3rs
    Jch4mb3rs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Today was
    Kettlebell single arm deadlifts
    Wall push ups
    Dumbell rows
    Squats
    And kettlebell slingshots in between every set of every exercise to keep the heart rate up.
  • sn2ess
    sn2ess Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Swam just over 500 yards, bike ride for about 1.7 miles, and 3 mile walk out back...about to do some walk push-ups in a bit...pretty solid day! :)