7/16 - 3.03 miles

exercise.png
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    07/01-07/16: 19.8
    07/17: 5.3

I have been slacking a little lately. I just got a new puppy. I initially wanted a large dog that eventually could be my running buddy, but due to unusual circumstances I ended up with a small Teddy Bear Shichon. I tried to post pictures here, but for some reason the app wouldn't let me. Anyway, I have been struggling a little with my 10K training. Luckily I was able to put 5 miles today. Have a good weekend and happy running everyone! 🤗

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 7k slow
    7-2 7k slow
    7-3 7k between slow and easy
    7-4 7k ditto
    7-5 7k closer to easy
    7-6 rest
    7-7 7k slow
    7-8 7k easy
    7-9 7k slow
    7-10 7k slow
    7-11 7k easy
    7-12 7k slow
    7-13 rest
    7-14 7k slow
    7-15 rest
    7-16 7k closer to easy than slow
    7-17 7k closer to moderate than easy

July Total: 98k
    July Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k

2020 Total through June: 1056k / 176k per month

Partly cloudy, low 70s F, and very humid today. Back was a little niggly -- just about how it usually is. Sun came out during the last 2k and my energy and strength just melted away. Still, it was the best 7k I've run since June 20.

@ContraryMaryMary Holy *kitten*!!!! Those are great times!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile
    Can you call and see if your doctor will call in a 'script for you, since you know you had a tick bite? You really should probably get started on them as soon as possible.

@katharmonic
    Way to get out there and do it, even though you weren't feeling it. I can't imagine trying to hold a mouthful of water while running a mile.

@janejellyroll
    It's always a good idea to listen to your body. Hope it feels better tomorrow.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I agree on telehealth / doctor call if that is an option for you.

It wasn't a lone star tick, I presume? Just a basic dog tick?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Isn't it the deer tick (teeny tiny seed tick), that also transmits Lyme ? @rheddmobile I like the telemed idea, definitely stay safe, we do not want you sick or dead. If you have a fever, they may insist on telemed, huh?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 0 rest days
    7/2 – 5
    7/3 – 8
    7/4 – 6
    7/5 – 4
    7/6 – 5
    7/7 – 5
    7/8 – 3 with Champ
    7/9 – 2 with Champ
    7/10 – 4 with Champ
    7/11 – 4 mile trail race
    7/12 – 3
    7/13 – 5
    7/14 – 3 with Champ
    7/15 - 3
    7/16 -5
    7/17 - 6

71 of 110 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler - done
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July - September
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach 80% there!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Isn't it the deer tick (teeny tiny seed tick), that also transmits Lyme ? @rheddmobile I like the telemed idea, definitely stay safe, we do not want you sick or dead. If you have a fever, they may insist on telemed, huh?

Could be a deer tick also, yes. The lone star tick is what I fear most. Would be a big problem with my diet.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    So with the combination of extreme heat, humidity, COVID, wife's aunt living with us, etc.. wife actually suggested that we get a treadmill for our (belated) anniversary gift to each other. I have been looking all around north Dallas for a good one (but has to be under $1000). Found several options, but no store has any in stock! Guess everybody bought them up in the early days of lockdown, and I am late to the party. A few stores say they might get some in at the end of August, but that really doesn't help me (us) for the next couple months.
    I know...first world problems :/
    In the meantime, you could consider a hydration pack full of ice water to counter the heat a bit. I noticed a big difference with it, back in the day. The gyms are open here, maybe a membership or daily pass to one? This summer really has been horrible with the heat and humidity. It's just gross outside.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Sorry about the treadmill. That stinks. Can you order one online, directly from the manufacturer?

@rheddmobile Wow! A week's wait for telemed? That's crazy.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Scott26655 Looks like there is one here where I live. Its a drive, but you could make a weekend trip and get one. https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/proform-carbon-t10-treadmill#repChildCatid=7792069 Of course, I'd call the store first. They are do-do's here. Maybe sherman-denison, gainsville area even. I suppose if you wanted to buy it, I could talk DH into fetching it. I go to Dallas tuesday, but I have a little car, doubt it'd fit. But I could conceivably meet you somewhere's. I have a broke leg again, so I'm not much muscle.
    ... Or could stick it in the garage for you to come fetch. (where cat will pee on the box).

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Could be a deer tick also, yes. The lone star tick is what I fear most. Would be a big problem with my diet.

Yep, it appears to have been an adult male deer tick. Got it at WC Johnson where there are lots of deer. I don’t think it was attached long, it was perfectly flat and dried up. Nasty local lesion but not a bullseye rash. I hear you about the lone star ticks, as a diabetic that alpha gal allergy terrifies me! I would have to live on nothing but chicken and fish!

The week wait IS for telemed! My doctor isn’t doing anything other than telemed (there is a covid testing center there now instead of a clinic) but it’s still a long wait. One of those where you go to make the appointment and the person on the phone sighs heavily and says “We can’t get you in until...” clearly expecting you will just say, fine, don’t bother, I will die quietly in the corner and not involve you.

Memphis is a mess right now, we had 700 new Covid cases day before yesterday, and testing is at 100% capacity.

See a doctor of course, but for a tic to pass Lymes it has to be on for a while. That is why it is important to check as soon as possible.

From the Mayo Clinic:
    The bacteria enter your skin through the bite and eventually make their way into your bloodstream. In most cases, to transmit Lyme disease, a deer tick must be attached for 36 to 48 hours. If you find an attached tick that looks swollen, it may have fed long enough to transmit bacteria