Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,710 Member Member Posts: 5,710 Member
    KatiB321 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am 47 and work out almost every day. I mostly do cardio but I really would like to add strength training to my workout routine. Whenever I try doing strength training at home I wonder if I actually do the exercises correctly because I don't see any results. I am contemplating joining a Crossfit gym once the gyms are allowed to open again but I feel like a sissy. I don't have a lot of upper body strength and I am older than most of the members there. I don't have a lot of self-confidence and I am worried that I cannot keep up with the other people in class. Should I rather try to join a regular gym and work with a personal trainer or just get over myself and sign up for Crossfit? Sorry for being a baby about this but any advice is appreciated!

While you wait for gyms to open, I would suggest checking out Sydney Cummings on YouTube. I am following her summertime fine program atm. She posts a new workout every day and goes over form and modifications on the exercises.
  • AllPositive1AllPositive1 Member Posts: 19 Member Member Posts: 19 Member
    T25 total body circuit day 9 - done
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    Gym workout this morning. Bench presses - goblet squats - stability ball pullovers - pushups.

And daily walks with the dog. Every. Day. Daisy does not understand the "rest day" concept. HAHA! 🐕😊
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,710 Member Member Posts: 5,710 Member
    I've got a Daisy, too! She knows the words "outside" and "eat" very well, lol. She loves to go outside, but her favorite is playing fetch with dad while I walk 2 dogs outside.
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    I've got a Daisy, too! She knows the words "outside" and "eat" very well, lol. She loves to go outside, but her favorite is playing fetch with dad while I walk 2 dogs outside.

An MFP friend of mine just started a group for those of us whose dogs are fitness companions. You are welcome to join if you like. And anyone else who here walks or hikes with their dogs should join in, too.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137756-dogs-companions-in-fitness

An MFP friend of mine just started a group for those of us whose dogs are fitness companions. You are welcome to join if you like. And anyone else who here walks or hikes with their dogs should join in, too.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137756-dogs-companions-in-fitness

Thank you. I joined and posted!
  • AllPositive1AllPositive1 Member Posts: 19 Member Member Posts: 19 Member
    T25 speed 1.0 - done
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Member Posts: 1,078 Member Member Posts: 1,078 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

PT on my heel and shoulder is going well. I can still lift with only one restriction; no overhead movement. I'll take it.

Bench and hex bar deadlifts and lots of accessory work.

Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguygam3rguy Member Posts: 3,621 Member Member Posts: 3,621 Member
    Chest & Tris at the gym.
    “Focus T25: Gamma Extreme Circuit”=Done!
    I'm following Sydney Cummings workouts on YouTube, doing some step or marching, and sometimes go for a jog.
    Sydney's 30 min Butt and Abs
    Live step (uploaded)
    And then a jog at the park🏃‍♀️
    “Focus T25: Gamma Rip’t Up”=Done!
    Back & traps at the gym!
    Speed 3.0...Done!
    Arms this morning at the gym...

Then...”Focus T25: Gamma The Pyramid”=Done!
    This morning:
    Sydney's legs and abs

Karla's repeaters step and pump

And some handstands🤸‍♀️

This afternoon:
    Yoga stretching (splits), and more handstand practice. I counted to 12!!!

Shoulders & traps at the gym!
    “Focus T25: Gamma Extreme Circuit”=Done!