The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Seems like I've found my people. I'll be 37 in a few days.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Seems like I've found my people. I'll be 37 in a few days.

I didn't know you were lost lol ~ welcome.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    I hate the cold so heat for me!
  • unforgettable2010
    unforgettable2010 Posts: 104 Member
    39... Tryin to get back to my pre-covid season weight.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Anyone have experience with knee issues?

My right knee has felt a bit unstable and today I stood up and for about 2 minutes couldn't put any weight on it. It is sore to touch too on the inside. I'm going to rest it this weekend, well I was hoping to go in a hike cause we're going to a cottage up north but that's rest right? Most of my joints pop and crackle but this seems to be getting weird. Old joints are annoying
  • LanaMcL
    LanaMcL Posts: 41 Member
    Hi everybody. I've been using mfp silently for a while but would love to have some friends.

I lost 80lbs 7 years ago and got pregnant. Had my baby and got to my goal again.. had another a few years later and back to goal.

I like to run and use Zwift for indoor cycling.. I often have treats but all within my calorie allowance.
  • RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »

My right knee has felt a bit unstable and today I stood up and for about 2 minutes couldn't put any weight on it. It is sore to touch too on the inside. I'm going to rest it this weekend, well I was hoping to go in a hike cause we're going to a cottage up north but that's rest right? Most of my joints pop and crackle but this seems to be getting weird. Old joints are annoying

Yes I have... or should I say I do. I always used to laugh at the "old" folks who said I can feel rain coming in my knee. Now.... I guess I'm the old guy now.
    My left knee acts up a lot. I try to do even body weight squats, then it'll give out on me. It doesn't really pop, just hurts when I squat. I can walk with no major issues, but if I try to run... no go. If I walk more than 45 minutes, then when I get back home, it'll ache... bad.
  • RandJ6280
    LanaMcL wrote: »
    Hi everybody. I've been using mfp silently for a while but would love to have some friends.

I lost 80lbs 7 years ago and got pregnant. Had my baby and got to my goal again.. had another a few years later and back to goal.

I like to run and use Zwift for indoor cycling.. I often have treats but all within my calorie allowance.

Hi Lana ~ Lost 80 lbs? Way to go!!! I'm on my way down.... I've lost a mere 10 lbs in about 2 months.... I'd love to lose 2 stone.
  • RandJ6280

Hi brother - I've been working from home since middle of March.... sadly my weight jumped up about 5lbs before I said no more. So, for the last 3 months I've over hauled my eating - started to get more physical and stopped feeling sorry. I've dropped 10lbs.
  • AliNouveau
    I have to be careful because I have lost some cartiledge in my kneecaps (because of the way my knees are aligned or something) so if I do really heavy aerobics or running, fluid builds up behind my knee for 2 or 3 days and it hurts to walk. It's probably not that, but just putting it out there. Hope you feel better today!!!

Ouch be careful. I am wondering if I have something with the knee cap. When I look at my knees it looks wonky. Haha
  • AliNouveau
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Yes I have... or should I say I do. I always used to laugh at the "old" folks who said I can feel rain coming in my knee. Now.... I guess I'm the old guy now.
    My left knee acts up a lot. I try to do even body weight squats, then it'll give out on me. It doesn't really pop, just hurts when I squat. I can walk with no major issues, but if I try to run... no go. If I walk more than 45 minutes, then when I get back home, it'll ache... bad.

I think doing squats angered this. I guess we shouldn't laugh since we often end up with these ailments haha
  • AliNouveau
    We were supposed to be on our way up north this morning to a friend's cottage but my son decided to vomit overnight. Poor kid I suspect he hadna touch of food poisoning but don't want to take chances spreading around germs. Nor do I want to be 2 hours from home with a sick kid. He likes to give a running commentary as he's being sick. It's hard not to laugh but if you laugh he'll tell you off for laughing. I like my kid. Anyone have any fun stories to share since I'm trapped inside
  • unforgettable2010

Hi brother - I've been working from home since middle of March.... sadly my weight jumped up about 5lbs before I said no more. So, for the last 3 months I've over hauled my eating - started to get more physical and stopped feeling sorry. I've dropped 10lbs.

Me and my gf found an open gym about 6 weeks ago. Been doing 5-6 days a week. Only down 5 lbs but it looks like after I adjust my diet this week, I’ll start dropping more.
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Gyms are open where I live but the cleanliness at my gym was sub-par prior to Covid. I cancelled my membership for now and will keep walking, jogging and hiking.
  • RandJ6280

Me and my gf found an open gym about 6 weeks ago. Been doing 5-6 days a week. Only down 5 lbs but it looks like after I adjust my diet this week, I’ll start dropping more.

Cool ~ sounds like your on track. Bonus points for having your gf on board.
  • RandJ6280
    yelpat1976 wrote: »
    Gyms are open where I live but the cleanliness at my gym was sub-par prior to Covid. I cancelled my membership for now and will keep walking, jogging and hiking.

Sad about your gym ~ then look at you... where there is a will there is YOU!!!
  • unforgettable2010

That’s crazy. My gym has made it a requirement for everyone to sanitize equipment before and after each use.
  • VegetarianLifts
    VegetarianLifts Posts: 2 Member

That’s crazy. My gym has made it a requirement for everyone to sanitize equipment before and after each use.

Ours was supposed to do that, lasted 2 weeks and now it's back to the germ-filled gym it always was.
  • livinatthegym77
    livinatthegym77 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi. Anyone looking for additional MFP friends feel free to add me (men and women no matter :smile: ) This is my second go around with MFP and lost my old account and all my MF pals.