WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,899 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Machka, I

Oh Rita! If ever anyone comes along to use that for, I’ll keep it in mind. Those flower photos are spectacular! My friends say that when the desert blooms it’s gorgeous. I gather this is not the same as the spring bloom after some rain?

[.

Sharon Near Seattle

You have to search for flowers now. Too dry so I was lucky to find the ones I did!

RV Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Mir geht's gut, Katla. :D Aber Deutsch ist sehr schwierig.

DH is preparing new quizzes for Max and Edie. Max's is on Atoms and Edie's is on Human Evolution. I am the fact checker for Edie's one and a proof reader for Max's. They are still loving the quizzes and ask for more.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Love the color.

REBECCA ~ Your soup sounds good to me. I also hate house cleaning. DH used to say (many years ago) that I kept the house so clean you could eat off the floor. Not any more.

CAROL in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

Loving the pics!

Busy Sunday morning, got on the elliptical at 7, then the rower, then got all the garden and flowers watered, and a few beds weeded, and then walked the property nearest the house with Corey, talking about what it would take for us to be able to get a dog (put up one stretch of fence in the backyard). Corey won't tolerate one in the house, but likes having an outside dog. We also talked of planting pear trees down what is now part of the front yard once the front fence is up. He fixed brunch for us both and when I got out of the shower, he had already hung the sheets out on the clothesline. He just finished bottling his last batch of beer and is out working on a furniture piece now, and I'm staying in the house where it's cool. Love working with him to accomplish things, it's a good partnership.

Non-scale victory (literally), I finally put the scale away today. I felt myself letting that stupid number start to affect my mood this morning, as it had gone up from the day before. It had got to the point where, every morning before exercise and after, I was getting on that scale, to see how many pounds and tenths of a pound I had sweated off.

I'm aware that I can get obsessed very easily about things involving numbers, but don't always recognize I'm doing it until it gets to the point where it's not good for me. It's time, finally. I'm no longer afraid that I will run amok food-wise, and it's time to let go of what has, for me, become unhealthy. I will pull it out the last day of each month to help me know whether I'm continuing in the right direction so I can course correct if I need to. Unless that gets to be unhealthy, and if it does, I'll pitch the thing in the trash.

Happy Sunday, y'all, past, present or future,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Carol - I am always amazed at how your grandchildren look like you! Lovely!

Pip - N I c e ! :D

Now going to check out the news for Portland. HUGS !

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    For those interested in chocolate mint, I found it advertised on-line by Burpee and Target as well as Etsy. The photo on line, second from the left on the top row, looks like the plants that I have. It has a banner that says Chocolate mint.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Hair color is just my natural color. I have no war paint aka makeup on, look plain
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Faye, I like the Wohan best!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I’ll headline this US Politics. Perhaps there are those who don’t want to read it.

Rebecca: I take Governor Kate Brown’s side on this one. There was unrest in Portland and Donald Trump decided to “take care of it." He sent in US troops who shot an unarmed African American citizen. I do not know the extent of the man’s injuries. Mr. President needs to read the US Constitution. There are State’s rights, and this was a huge violation. Governor Brown did NOT request his help.

Powers Reserved to the States:

Establish and maintain Schools
    Establish local Governments
    Set Corporate Laws
    Make marriage laws
    Provide for the public safety

President Trump defied the US Constitution and an unarmed African American citizen of Oregon who was lawfully protesting was maimed by federal troops.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Pip - glad Bootz had a good end. <3

SuziQ - just watched Three Billboards. I did wait until I was in the mood and DH was watching soccer in the other room. I am not in favour of revenge, so I was preparing myself to watch it. I only watched it because I have a crush on Frances Mcdormand. But it is a well made film. If I am a bit dubious I always read the Wikipedia summary. I don't like surprises. If I am forewarned I can cope with a difficult script.
    When I was young my mother used to forewarn me if there was an upsetting plot. I was very grateful. As an adult, I hated being surprised by films where the hero died unexpectedly. If I know, I am usually ok. I have been horribly surprised a couple of times. Now I always read the summary on Wikipedia. My worst was the ending to Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan. Still seared in my heart.
    My grandparents used to say I was 'highly strung'.
    Anyway, it was a good film.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    --
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    We have a cleaner for two hours, once every two weeks. That is enough for us. I don't do much, if at all , in between. So it works out as £13 per week! More than worth it! I cover laundry and cooking, DH does washing up and kitchen tidying. Plus a bit of shopping and fruit prep. We don't have pets, so we are tidy and fairly clean. I am OCD about object placement, so everything has to be its rightful spot. >:) Not a millimetre out. :o I do have areas, like the utility room which are a bit of a mess and we still haven't got round to sorting out the book dump that is DH'S study. Out of sight, out of mind for me.
    I mostly employ the cleaner so DH and I don't argue over it. I refuse to clean up other people's mess or do more than my share. We have a good balance.
    When I was a teenager I was in a stage play called 'Look Back In Anger'. I played the put upon housewife who ironed her husband's shirts. From that point on I swore I would never do that and I kept to it. :D

I pay my cleaner a decent wage and I hope she feels ok with that. I do not want to exploit people.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx