Serial Starters

Replies

• Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    DD is back in the hospital. Not doing good. The Dr wanted to talk to mom about what she wanted them to do, if his heart stops. Nothing. That's the answer. He doesn't want any measures taken to bring him back. I'm feeling like i'm losing it, more and more. I'm so unbelievably torn, about what to do. She still says not to come. I feel I have to go. But, i'm also worried about taking virus to them... no, i'm not sick... but, I interact with lots and lots of people, daily... there are more cases, closer to me...I hate that I have to let this virus control my life... but, whatever you believe, I have to take others lives into consideration.. just have to be cautious... so, i'm stuck... do I stay away or do I go to support my mom? I just really don't know...

So sorry to read this, I feel for your situation. My dad had a major heart attack very recently and we had the same dilemma - we were not allowed to go to the hospital but my mum was on her own. I risked it, was as careful as can be and went to see her. Couldnt not. Its a choice you never thought you'd face, but just do whats best for you and your family. Keep as safe as can be

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    SATURDAY!!

Good morning,

Dawn - that is a tough one and we can give advice but the decision is yours. Feels like I am passing the buck but you have listed a good 'pro' and 'con' list already.

Groceries and then back to sleep I stayed up too late. Scale is down almost 2 pounds from last week. Walking is helping greatly did not last night so I hope to hit the magic # today.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited July 2020
    SATURDAY July 18th
    (House Internet died; doing this on my phone)

Dawn
    I can’t find the right words.
    I am sorry to hear about DD’s condition.
    You know your mother. Does she have friends and other family who can support her either in person or on the phone?
    Only you know what exactly she means when she is telling you not to come.

It could be because she wants you to stay away because of the virus, or she might be just telling you to stay home so that you aren’t “inconvenienced”.
    If you did go, will the hospital let you in to see DD?

If it happens that your mother is rather isolated, and has very little support, pack up all of your PPE and go see her, doing all of the dance: six feet, masks, disinfect stuff you touch, use gloves while traveling, etc.

Keep us posted.
    Big hugs 🤗
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara in UK: Ah - I had never heard the term cream tea; definitely familiar with afternoon tea - what a wonderful thing it is!!

Sara on the Left Coast - Congrats on your weight loss. That is so fabulous 💓👍🏻😁

Welcome to Wulf~~

Waves to everyone else who stops by today. 👋🏻

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later....*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Groceries done, slept for like 2 hours - so watching online for a little while then taking a walk.

Cheeseburger casserole and ground turkey/stir fry for meals with 2 baked sweet potatoes and frozen boxes mixed in (tv dinners). Beef has gotten expensive so I could buy a pound for 7 dollars or store brand 3 pounds for 15 - even with my bad math I bought the 3 pounds and they divided it into thirds so I dont have to measure - yay!!

Bought a big box of strong black tea Tetley and can now have tea and milk that actually has flavor again. Small things that make the world a nicer place.

Stay cool and will be on the lounge chair next to Lana later.
  • LanaCabana537

Well, I waited too long to get myself out of the house for a mental health joy ride around town. Thunderstorms are here. *kitten*

Sara - there's that cheeseburger casserole - sounds SO good.

Solitary confinement today is bugging me.

Lana
  • Sara628588
    So........ today I did a not great thing and a good thing. Someone bought me chocolate. And I ate some. More than I wanted to really, so I got up and threw the rest away. It goes against my eco - recycling - dont waste things ethos but if I had not thrown it away I would have eaten it all and I dont want to do that anymore. So in the bin it went. I added the calories to my daily intake and just scraped in at under 20 calories off my daily goal.

And tomorrow is another day :)
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Dawn, my heart goes out to you. I've just been through something similar with my dad and he passed last November, at age 91. He was adamant about never going back to a hospital or using any heroic measures. CHF is a difficult thing to live with and he was just done. I spent as much time with my parents (in a different state) as I could, and now I visit and call my mom a lot more. I encourage you to go, for yourself. This is your experience, too, and if your mom is alone, she will benefit from the support. If you can get your hands on a couple of N95 masks, for flights, just do it. I was with my mom for 3 weeks and didn't hug her until after day 14. It was hard but doable.

Welcome to Wulf and hello to Sara from the UK.

Sara (CA), did it eventually cool down a bit? We had really hot and humid here today, but the wind cooled me b/c I was so sweaty at the dog park :) All that walking is good for my soul, too. Having to back off a bit--from 5 to 3 or 4--and waiting to be able to jog again.

I've been doing pretty well in general. Got really anxious feeling today--not sure why--but was on FB and figure it was all the bad news people face. I'm pretty privileged in a lot of ways and I just feel bad that there are so many in much more difficult situations than my own. I know that getting upset doesn't help anyone, of course. So I took a deep breath and a nap and felt better after that.

Still doing well with the weight loss; down 26 since the beginning of March. I should count the weeks and see what the weekly average is. It has dropped a lot in the last few days after holding steady at, and after, my time in FL.

I need to start thinking about my plan for the fall since our district has announced all virtual for quarter 1. Probably I can keep close to the same schedule--better to get up and walk in the am with the dogs, do a short (0.5 miles) at lunch with Skye, and take them both to DP again in the evening, or run in my loop depending on the activity there. It's not too bad if I wait to go out at about 8 pm, but harder to fall asleep if I wait to do intense exercise then. Oh, well; I'll figure it out.

It is good to see so many folks posting here. I wish we could all meet at a lovely pool somewhere and really get to know one another. Wouldn't that be fun?
  • Wulfendire
    Wulfendire Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for the welcome!

Dawn, I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation. I really have no advice to offer except do what would leave you with the least regret later on.

Well, today I ended up completely changing everything I had planned yesterday and going slightly over my calories. However, I at least did not go way over. So, I still count it a step in the right direction. I've planned tomorrow's meals and even have calories left for snacks.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I am so sorry Dawn 😦 Huge hugs and prayers. My Dad had been so sick this year and this stupid virus is making it so hard to plan a visit 😕 it seems a lot of us are going through a rough step of life. Praying LORD JESUS to comfort us all through this time.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn, I am so sorry to hear about your DD. Call the hospital and see what the options are for seeing him. If you feel that strongly about going, then go. Keep your distance, do the PPE and disinfection thing, and support your mother as much as you can safely. If you find you cannot go, see what they can do about setting up facetime or something so you can talk to him. My heart aches for you. Having just lost my mother, I know the pain you must be feeling. <<<hugs>>>
  • LanaCabana537
    tk8gb3l931fx.jpeg
    *** SUNDAY July 19th ***

Good morning everyone~~

Welcome Ash! Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Sara and Sara and Wulf and Maureen and Lynn and Tracy and Holly and everyone else who stops by later on...

Time to get out there for a walk before the temperatures go UP!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Had to rescue my breakfast from the microwave (cream of wheat with blueberries and ricotta cheese) before the beeping really got on my nerves and I start screaming at it.....

Slept in, something I usually dont do - but I stayed out late. Walked 5900 steps yesterday and will go out again after dinner and see what I can do.

Lana thank you for starting us. Hope there is a GOOD cup of coffee for you. Dawn stop by when you can.

Welcome to the new posters - this is an open board and stop by when you can.

• Sara628588
    <3
  • Wulfendire
    Wulfendire Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone,

bit of a rough day today but so far staying on track with healthy choices.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    k47hc65qci4b.jpeg
    *** MONDAY July 20th ***

Wow, how can it be the 20th of July already?

I may have found a new thing for me: Strawberries🍓 They make a good nighttime snack, if I sit down with the package and a knife and, one at a time, cut out the top, cut one in half, and then eat it; then repeat. The difference is that I'm not prepping them in the kitchen and then sitting down to wolf them in one minute. The new way is a little "process" that takes time.

Now where is Antoine🏝 with the half-caf?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana thank you for starting us. Went to bed earlier than usual but was so tired from helping with the food donation and it was also so hot that sleep was not wonderful. I sometimes nap at lunch and I have a feeling.....

Got over 5k again so trend is continuing. Scale is officially down from last week.

Strawberries are a good habit to make. If I ate as many as I am imagining the citric acid would tell me about it, but you enjoy your healthy snack.

Mrs Monster is waiting and I will need a nice strong tea - Tetley to the rescue!!

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Monday is off to a rip roaring start - first thing was discovering all the slides I made for presentation this morning suddenly have broken hyperlinks. Had to correct all of them 6 minutes before the meeting. GAH!
    Storms moved through last night giving us much needed rain. Unfortunately, that also means more humidity. Temp is registering as 71.7 degrees with 83% humidity in my office at the moment. So much for taking a shower this morning. Am sweating just sitting here. UGH!
    Jeep club meeting at a restaurant tonight. Want to make sure I eat before I get there so I only need to order a drink. Scale surprised me with a 1 pound loss this morning. I'll take it!!!!
    Happy Monday everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    Sara and Kathryn - **** CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 on your weight loss !!!***

Sara - so sorry about citric acid. 😢

Kathryn - what a Monday you are having! Oy!