Coronavirus prep

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    My large multinational corporation just said we are delaying our planned start of return to the office from 9/1 to no earlier than 10/1.

My large corporation told us not to expect anything earlier than January.

I have a neighbor who works for my company and his manager told them off the record we won't see the office until 2021 but "official" word is assess at 10/1.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    My large multinational corporation just said we are delaying our planned start of return to the office from 9/1 to no earlier than 10/1.

My large corporation told us not to expect anything earlier than January.

When I read things like this, I wonder how we can even think about sending 'our' children back to schools in good conscience. Am I the only one who feels that's incredibly hypocritical??

Grown-ups working from home is relatively easy for a lot of positions (depends on the job duties and technology), but children home for virtual learning is totally different. They will need supervision, assistance with technology, etc.. If the government wants to help working parents by job protection / some wage protection then I'm all for virtual learning, but right now that is not the case.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @MikePfirrman Chief was a beautiful man. o:)

m60ubwumbwkg.png

"mmm, Juicy Fruit..." My favorite from the movie with the possible exception of Nicholson broadcasting the ballgame on the TV that was turned off.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @MikePfirrman The half has not been told. ;) Nurse Ratched sure knew how to keep things stirred UP. Barracuda.