Serial Starters

Replies

• Lyallatron
    Lyallatron Posts: 32 Member
    I may be starting again but this feels different. Doing this properly this time. Slow and steady. Gonna be positive and appreciate every point lost. Please add me if you wanna help each other out 👍
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good morning,

Apts went okay. Eye test was annoying because I kept slouching and the machine kept moving, but it is done.

Box of nice peaches from Harry and David is my reward for getting all these apts done.

Got 6700 steps yesterday and very glad its Friday.

Dawn drink more water and see if that helps. Lana is right bananas are good and easier to get at stores than other vegetables (or things for that matter).

I was driving to second apt and my neighbor drove by in his car with his wife. I know that because he waited until I saw him before he moved on. They were going to same suburb to return some things.

Just have to get through work and then its ZZZZ time for me.

Missy I will try and look at the pictures later.

I am amazed I packed and organized all my Christmas things into one bin. Yarn is this weekend throw out the "gifted" yarn that feels like fiberglass or I have no clue what to do with it.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe/sane and cool out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Welcome, Lyallatron! Join us when you can.

I did ok yesterday if you don't count the salted caramels and the Klondike bar. One goal reached however -- No gluten yesterday.

So far today, I'm good. No sugar and no grain. Helped Christy in Marketing to unload and look at 300 t-shirts. Totally counting that as exercise. I sweated. :)

I fell in the Lodge parking lot last night. Was taking trash to the dumpster and tripped over a huge hunk of concrete. Scraped up my hands and knees a little. No major damage.

Everyone stay hydrated and make the best choices you can in your situation today!

SW 225.2
    CW 223.6
    GW 195 by New Year
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Try as i might, every time i try to get some exercise in, something happens - people stop by, work calls, a pet gets sick, the power goes out, a migraine hits, etc etc I am getting exasperated!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Try as i might, every time i try to get some exercise in, something happens - people stop by, work calls, a pet gets sick, the power goes out, a migraine hits, etc etc I am getting exasperated!

Kathryn - We totally understand.
    Never never give up trying.....

Big hugs!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    Tracy - A Pox upon the hunk of concrete that had the nerve to attack you last night.
    I am very glad that you are alive to tell about it.
    Huge hugs 💚❤️💙🧡💜 💛💗

*Jean Paul and Antoine en route to Tracy's lounge chair to administer healing therapies.....and pillow fluffing 😉

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    hickchic67 wrote: »

*Alejandro rushing to Kathryn's aid.......😉"
  • LanaCabana537

Sara -

Paulo and Fabrizio would like to know what you would like for Happy Hour~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited August 2020
    Lana- DD is late 60's... maybe 70... sorry, honestly not sure...I know, DM will be 64 in August and I think, he is 6(8) years older. We really aren't close. She said, he now has water blisters on top of feet... she doesn't know what to do. My Dad was sick, my entire life. He never just laid down and gave up... he was much younger, only 36 when he passed... and, he didn't have CHF until a year or so before that... so, maybe, if it got worse... who knows...I feel horrible for my mom... he started another water pill.. now, if they (therapists) can get him convinced to get up...I am really afraid, we will lose him before we lose Gma... it's just so overwhelming...

Sara/ Lana- funny you mention bananas...I have actually been eating 1 every day this week...i definitely have not been drinking enough water...i need to make a conscious effort to do better...

Kathryn- hugs... you'll get there

Just found out, half of the family of the Co- Founders of Scentsy have tested positive for COVID... the Dad, 3 of their kids and 1 sons GF... so far, they are not "sick" they started showing signs, earlier in the week.. hopefully, they'll all come out ok... goodness

Time for bed... will catch up with everyone else, tomorrow... hugs

https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/12598452/Jo’s First Glance

• LanaCabana537
    ivv0v8f8cyy4.jpg
    *** SATURDAY August 1st ***

Good morning everybody and welcome to August !!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - wow, DD is younger than I had thought. He must be having major depression if he is giving up at his age. I do hope that things turn around for him and thus for your mother too!

Do take care of yourself and drink your water! I hope that your legs and feet feel better this weekend.
    Big hugs 🤗

Lana
  • Twiley510
    aakm3fb06ra5.jpg
    Happy Caturday!! I mean Saturday.

New month, New beginnings.

I made it through yesterday on my plan to avoid sugar and grain except for one, only one, sea salt caramel. It's helping. Hoping to see a whoosh next week and get some relief from all the fluid buildup.

Here's why one caramel is a victory:
    Yesterday, we were sent home from work at 1:30 pm due to a positive case of Covid in the plant. The affected person was on second shift and had not been at work since the 28th. I have never been in close contact with this person, so I'm not worried about that part. My department will now work from home for the entire month of August. Well, I have a conference August 20-24 and a trip to an art exhibit on August 28th. I will be required to quarantine for two weeks after that. Since the week quarantine will end is a work from home week for me, I won't go back to the office until September 21. The stressful part is the uncertainty of the situation and the difficulty for production to meet customer demand. Our industry is highly specialized. Our product is unique and known to be the best in the world. Without is, the world will literally go dark. Our product regulates power at transformer substations to prevent overload or under load of the electric system. I don't want our reputation tarnished for lack of product delivery.

Tl:Dr. I got stressed, but didn't give in to emotional eating.

I'm off to reorganize the Moose storage buildings. Maybe the sweating will be good for my soul.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay hydrated and make the best choices you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

SW 225.2
    CW 222.4
    GW 195 by New Year
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Short note as I am out the door to get groceries. Not a long list which is nice.

Tracy/Dawn are both in a stressful holding pattern - how can we help?

Tracy - great cat picture. Like most cats they sit where they want!!

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy - love the photo of your kitty cat!
    I think power distribution and substations are very cool. Somehow I have faith that things will be OK for your company. They have you!
    Enjoy the activity at the Moose today~

Sara - Happy shopping 🍇

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    ic3doo7h6lom.jpeg
    *** SUNDAY August 2nd ***

Good morning ☀️

Just getting us started. Will be back later~~

Lana

259.2 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Good morning all!

Hope everyone enjoys Sunday the way they love best!

Lana-- I see that progress. Keep it up. We can!

Today is my great-grandmother's birthday. I was lucky enough to have her in my life for 19 years. She taught me so much about life, hospitality, hard work, food, and love. If you visited, first you received a big bear hug from Meenie Ma and Daddy Dock. Not a quick grab with air kisses you get from people today, but a bone crushing, full body contact, five minute embrace. When the hug ended, you knew you were loved.

On the subject of food: Every single time we visited, she would exclaim, "There is nothing in this house to eat!" Within an hour, the table would be loaded with food of all types. Especially vegetables. She grew and canned her own. She never forced you to try or to eat anything you didn't like, but no one ever went hungry at Meanie Ma's.

We worked on the garden together, walked in the cemetery together (They lived behind it), talked about everything together. We had endless debates about whether the potato or the egg was the more versatile food. I have her recipe cards written in her stilted, fourth grade educated hand. Meanie Ma never finished school, but she was the smartest person I know.

Today is my great-grandmother's birthday and I miss her.

SW 225.2
    CW 220.2
    GW 195 by New Year
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy - I just love what you wrote about your wonderful great grandmother. I read it several times. She sounds as if she was just the bestest person ever!! 💗

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept in because I could and had some computer issues, when in doubt restart...... caught most of the church sermon online.

Will drop off rent as I go pick up meds. Inside for rest of day but cooking is on the to do list.

Keeping up the 5k or more walking and falling asleep is so easy. Getting out of bed to get to work - not so much.

Hang in there. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Dawn, how difficult. Sending prayers for him to find the strength to get up. I know how poorly my dad felt with CHF for a few years. Getting moving is so important. I took my dad for his last swim. Makes me sad to think it was his last.

I went swimming--euphemism for getting dumped out of my kayak today. My own fault, of course. No harm, just a dunking. My first thought as I surfaced was, at least I didn't hit my head. Water was moving faster than I like and it has helped me identify what I want--and don't want--to do. I don't need any challenges when kayaking; I just want to paddle through beautiful countryside. I'll know what questions to ask next time.

I paddled yesterday too, and while that was more to my taste, the area was more developed than I like. My first kayak adventure, several years ago, was my ideal--a slow moving river through a rural area. I have yet to rediscover another trip as rewarding.

Trying to find some routine still, but summer will end shortly and I guess it isn't necessarily worth worrying about my erratic schedule now. I've gotten a bit careless about ordering or picking up groceries and that needs to top my list if I hope to continue to lose weight. I didn't weigh this morning--completely forgot in my hustle to get ready for kayaking. I've had some nice, long walks with Skye, too, and have backed off running a bit b/c of my piriformis pain. It's better today and I just need to remember to take ibuprofen.

Wishing you all a great week.
  • Twiley510
    Monday!

Today is the start of six weeks working from home. I'm not sure if that makes it easier or harder to stick to the plan. However, I did prep a little yesterday. Made mozzarella meatballs for my lunches. My daughter says she will follow my plan if I do the cooking for her. She won't do it 100% because she's too social. At least part time is better than not at all.

I had blood work done a couple of months ago and my cholesterol was elevated again. Doctor prescribed the standard low-fat / high-fiber diet. I am doing the opposite of that and can t wait to see the results of the next test. I know my cholesterol dropped 100 points in six months the last time I ate this way.I

After only for days, I can feel my energy level rising and my pain level. subsiding. That's very exciting!

Wishing you all a happy Monday. Stay hydrated and make the best choices you can in your situation.

SW 225.2
    CW 219.8
    GW 195 by New Year