WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    The Sourdough Bread Art is wonderful, Heather.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    🙋‍♀️
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Yvonxx - first off, welcome! Like you, I am terribly inflexible. I always say that I’m the most inflexible person this side of the Atlantic. I have found that I like doing exercise DVD’s. For one thing, I’m not doing the same thing over and over. Personally, I get bored….lol

Michele NC

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Pip- i hear you! I am not a good shopper. My time limit is about 2 hours MAX. I hope you get settled on quickly.

Kylia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: T’ai Chi, Freddie’s,
    Bonus: BiMart, fruit and veggie prep, DVD to Tracie
    Get to do: chiropractor, stroll with Tracie, line dance at the port, clean something, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Sunday board meeting reminder, board meeting prep,
    Altruistic August
    6: Smile and be friendly while physical distancing: again easy peasy, default, except when RBF.

Welcome @GingerGetsHealthy and @yvonxx from Austin!
    Barbie :love: you smiling in your summer reading challenge shirt!
    Karen in VA sending waves of comfort, healing and strength to Shona.
    Kylia “Why is it human nature that when someone says NO you shouldn't eat that, that you crave just that!” Happened to me today when I picked up my first Atorvastatin rx, and the pharmacist said “hope you don’t have a craving for grapefruit juice.” Pow, instant urge for pink grapefruit juice, ice cold, in quantity, red grapefruit sections, etc, etc, etc.
    Heather :love: arugula, the seafood cornucopia not so much ;) If Joe ate that much cabbage I’d have to call a halt for sure!
    Welcome back @Suesh111 at the top right of the page just above where the page numbers and search icon are is an “empty” star. Click it and it will turn yellow. Then when you go to Community, click the gray start at top right and you’ll see this thread and any others you’ve bookmarked. It will take you to the page after the one you posted to so you might have to go back one page to read everything.

After T’ai Chi went to DDS for cleaning. Wouldn’t you know it he found a cavity on my bridge’s anchor tooth. He’ll try to fix at appointment in September but was hinting that we might have to take the bridge off and replace it, with no estimate of $$$. After picking up the doctor recommended psyllium caps got home and just crashed. No energy to play with dogs, clean, food prep or eat. Slept 3 hours. Got up and made dip for Sunday, prepped Joe’s fruit and veggies, cooked up some left over chicken and ate it with the last of the coleslaw. Now I’m yawning again and am headed BACK to bed.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: steps>5491=2393 vits=6 log=5 CI<CO=4 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble & Shadow 5=2 mfp=1 outside=1 up hill=1
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=2 rx=1 dance=1 clean 30 mins=
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=4 play= sew=
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Rest well. ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Howdy folks. It's noticeable warmer this morning and the sun is burning off the morning heat haze. (We're barely a mile from the coast.)

An interesting article on Raptitude today, and his log for the experiment.

https://www.raptitude.com/2020/08/the-myth-of-grit-and-determination/
    https://www.raptitude.com/experiment-log-no-29-calorie-tracking/

Heather:
    I hope Johnny follows your advice re sugar at night. I'm always restless if I overindulge in the evening.
    I feel your support. Thank you my dear friends.
    (((Hugs)))
    csofled wrote: »
    yvonxx wrote: »
    50 here, from Austin, TX - need a lot of work! love hiking but, this heat is keeping me home as i don't wake up early enough to go in the AM. I work too..at home so, looking for good home workouts. I am not flexible, i can't touch my toes! lol! ugh! any ideas? TIA

I use the Leslie Sansone Walk-at-Home videos available on YouTube. Having quit the gym b/c of COVID they have been a lifesaver.

Cheri
    in College Station, TX

😍YouTube. You can get so many by doing a search for whatever you want to do. I use fitnessblender a lot.

Suesh111 wrote: »
    I'm going to try posting again and see if I can find this site in the future to be involved. We'll see - I'm really bad with computers/technology. Anyway -- I have tried wt loss in the past and this time around I'm finding that 2 things are helping. 1) a partner - hubby is finally doing this with me and it helps that all his delicious but high cal high carb cooking and baking is no longer staring me in the face. 2) Restarting an exercise I love enough to keep it up. Have failed to maintain any other exercise plan, so I restarted ballet classes. Yeah, I'm a chubby ole 68 yr old grandma...but as long as I enjoy the activity I'm throwing out pride and going with it!
    If you click on the Favourites star on the same line as tha page title it will turn yellow ⭐️ and it bookmarks the thread for you.

I will take the opportunity to do some gardening while the weather holds. The poetry sorting can wait.

Felicitations to those in extremis 💕💖💕
    céad míle fáilte to new ladies. Come back often and jump in with comments when the spirit moves you.
    Pax vobiscum 🕊

☘️ Terri