Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,720 Member
    pch1j0eyp3ab.jpeg

Happy Tuesday! You’ve got this.
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Are any of you experiencing this error? It happens 90% of the time when I add food, add exercise, or even move from one page to another. When I re-load the page, the edits are there but sometimes it's not accurate (for example, a 332 calorie burn is recorded as only 27, or a large banana is recorded at 10 calories) so I have to watch it.zlwqyhcdq140.png

• maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Mind if I join in? I'm not new to MFP. About 3 yrs. ago I went full speed on, logging in my food and exercise. I lost 100 lbs .My sister and I did this together and we were great support for each other. Now, here I am again.5'3 and 250.5. 73 yrs young. I have a bad knee so I'm going to have to find some exercises to do that is low impact. I told myself, when I lost 100 lbs, I would never gain it back. Apparently ,food controlled me instead of me controlling food.
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2020
    Mind if I join in? I'm not new to MFP. About 3 yrs. ago I went full speed on, logging in my food and exercise. I lost 100 lbs .My sister and I did this together and we were great support for each other. Now, here I am again.5'3 and 250.5. 73 yrs young. I have a bad knee so I'm going to have to find some exercises to do that is low impact. I told myself, when I lost 100 lbs, I would never gain it back. Apparently ,food controlled me instead of me controlling food.
    8-18-2020 250.5

• eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    daydrem_dw wrote: »
    Are any of you experiencing this error? It happens 90% of the time when I add food, add exercise, or even move from one page to another. When I re-load the page, the edits are there but sometimes it's not accurate (for example, a 332 calorie burn is recorded as only 27, or a large banana is recorded at 10 calories) so I have to watch it.zlwqyhcdq140.png

I have seen that message before. Usually I just exit out of the app and come back and everything is fine then.
  • jm216

Welcome Mary!

We’re happy you’re here! Most of us have been here before and lost weight, then gained it back. This time we’re keeping it off.

I’ve had the most success by logging my food. My favorite way to get in exercise is walking my dog. We take it slow... with her making frequent stops to smell everything. ❤️

We do our “weigh ins” on Sundays.

Jill ☀️

• daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    8-18-2020 250.5

welcome : )

My first exposure to yoga was "chair yoga" and I loved it! Very low-impact, using a chair for balance while standing and sitting rather than down on the floor positions. There may be youtube workouts available.
  • Mmoore2364
    Mmoore2364 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I would like to join in here too! 😊
    Start weight: 170
    Current: 161
    Goal: 150 (1st goal)
    Ready for Sunday weigh in 👍
  • jgarza5246
    jgarza5246 Posts: 3 Member
    jgarza5246 wrote: »
    2nd time on but 1st time in a forum. Here I go!
    Weight: 260lbs as of 8/13 (day I started)
    Goal: 220 ish
    Next weigh in 8/20 (TBA)
    -So far eating better and logging in Calorie intake everyday/meal. Calorie intake set at 1560 daily (met everyday so far).
    -Biking at least 3 x weekly (5 mile intervals) and Walking around neighborhood 2 x weekly (no set distance).

Let's do this!

Update: weighed in at 254.
    6 pounds in 6 days!!!
  • jm216
    Next weigh in 8/20 (TBA)
    -So far eating better and logging in Calorie intake everyday/meal. Calorie intake set at 1560 daily (met everyday so far).
    -Biking at least 3 x weekly (5 mile intervals) and Walking around neighborhood 2 x weekly (no set distance).

Let's do this!

6 pounds in 6 days!!!
    Next weigh in 8/20 (TBA)

Let's do this!

6 pounds in 6 days!!!

Welcome Jgarza5246!

You are on 🔥! Way to go. Sounds like a smart plan that you have.

Jill
  • jm216
    Mmoore2364 wrote: »
    Hi! I would like to join in here too! 😊
    Start weight: 170
    Current: 161
    Goal: 150 (1st goal)
    Ready for Sunday weigh in 👍

Hi Mmoore2364!

Welcome! The more the merrier!
    Glad you’re on the journey with us. Post as often as you’d like...and we do our official check in on Sundays.

Jill☀️
  • jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »
    I have been rather lax on the exercise front lately. This is due mainly to having family staying and being out and about with them.
    I did clock up a couple of miles walking (Hobbling) around Mount Edgecumbe gardens today though, so I added that to my "Round Britain Walk"
    Here is a couple of photo's of the house and gardens. They are well worth a visit if you're ever in the area.
    Free to enter too...
    (As a little bit of info for my American friends. The main house, first photo, is 467 years old. It was 223 years old when the USA gained its independence from Britain!)

cskolz796r7w.png

oxt8esakdjdh.png

m9xt1l9huewo.png

Simply stunning! Wow!
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm gonna join.

Age...66
    Ht...5'3"
    Highest weight...320
    Current weight... 293
    Goal weight...245
    Will sign up for bilateral knee replacement when I reach this goal

Just gotta do it.
  • jm216
    dew11252 wrote: »
    I'm gonna join.

Age...66
    Ht...5'3"
    Highest weight...320
    Current weight... 293
    Goal weight...245
    Will sign up for bilateral knee replacement when I reach this goal

Just gotta do it.

Welcome!

Glad you’re joining the journey... we’re here for you!

Jill
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Back at it on MFP. Been on WW for about 2 years. Had success but then it just didn't work anymore. Maybe too many "free" foods? Anyway, counting calories and adding exercise makes more sense but after a few weeks, not seeing any movement on the scale. Current 268; Goal 235; 59; 5' 11". Hopefully, we can all support each others journey.
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Worked in the garden yesterday. Took my uncle on some errands. Was more active than normal. Knees hurt today but the scales went down so I'm forging ahead and doing housework today. May get back outside to yard work if its not too humid.

This feels good.
  • jm216
    staps065 wrote: »
    Back at it on MFP. Been on WW for about 2 years. Had success but then it just didn't work anymore. Maybe too many "free" foods? Anyway, counting calories and adding exercise makes more sense but after a few weeks, not seeing any movement on the scale. Current 268; Goal 235; 59; 5' 11". Hopefully, we can all support each others journey.

Welcome Staps065!

Glad you’re here! I’ve done WW in the past, too, and had success, but gained it back after I left the program. Hopefully this works better for you.

Jill ☀️