cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla - Great idea! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    To our ladies too near the fire, Debbie, Kim, Tina - just let us know when you can how you are. We worry!

Today's elliptical and brush cutting. For some strange reason, Fitbit doesn't have that in its repertoire of exercises. My arms are just wobbly...

ghac1g90cyck.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Masks - I have at least 6 now and 2 more are on the way to me. If I have to wear one for a particularly long time, or if it’s hot and I’m sweaty, I’ll wash it. Usually my mask wearing time is a max of 30 minutes when I’m in physical therapy sessions.

SuziQ - I also have been a little obsessive about clean hands my entire life. Even when I was a child, I always had to have clean hands. My mother has reminded me of it, especially when one of my nieces has the same behavior. I like to think I “gave her” that quality. :-)

Allie - It sounds like you’re doing right by Homer. Hugs.

Barbara- Wow, what a stressful ordeal with Joe’s eye. I hope it all works out well. Heather is right. It’s harder to watch someone we care about suffer than to suffer ourselves.

Kylia - I don’t know how you work with family. I love mine dearly, but would not want to spend that much time with them. Good thoughts your way on that situation. I hope you get it resolved soon. In the meantime, enjoy your vacation!

Faye - Wow. Just Wow! All of it. So sorry you had to deal with that and your friend too.

Lisa and SuziQ - I almost never baked until our friends opened a brewery. One time, the brewer asked me to bake brownies. Since then, I got into the habit of baking and taking treats to the brewery. Once they moved the brewery out of our area, I sent my baked goods to work with the mister. Now, he works from home full time. I put them in the freezer and take them on the boat when we go out on the weekends with our friend or give them away when I see friends, but they don’t go fast enough that way. I see them in the freezer and can’t stop thinking about them! So I eat more of it.

I love to cook and try new recipes and since we fast at least 2 nights a week and go out a couple nights, that hobby has slowed down considerably. I think that’s why baking has picked up. It’s easier to freeze those and maintain quality. I need to find a new hobby.

Tiny homes - We could not live in a tiny home or RV for very long. I need my space and he likes clutter. He has 3 large spaces to clutter and he still clutters up the rest of the house. It drives me nuts.

We have toyed with trying an RV trip, but renting them is ridiculously expensive. Plus, the mister doesn’t have much patience in general and doesn’t do well on road trips. He’s OK for a couple of hours driving, but then gets kind of unpleasant to be around. It causes me anxiety. Funny enough, he thinks he is great on road trips and says he likes them.

It’s very windy today. Perhaps some effects of the hurricane hanging out nearby.

Tina in CA who feels very lazy today
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    To our ladies too near the fire, Debbie, Kim, Tina - just let us know when you can how you are. We worry!

Fortunately, we have escaped fires thus far...not to jinx it or anything. They are all far north of me. Thanks for the thoughts.

Tina in CA
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, Yes, it's a thing.....lol. When there was real workmanship ceilings could be dusted...I had the popcorn removed and the ceilingss textured. Dust around the air vents builds up so I vacuum every now and then. I used to vacuum the popcorn ceiling too.
    Even though I'm not a crazy, all the time cleaner when I get the bug I go like the Energizer bunny. I remember my mom doing big seasonal cleanings. My grandmother was nuts. She actually had runners on top of her runners.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Tina I think my hand washing issue is the reason why I seldom get sick. And, the fact that I still have my tonsils. I remember when all of my friends were getting them removed and my pediatrician was not a believer. He felt dealing with tonsillitis once or twice a year showed the tonsils were doing their job....trapping the germs. I wanted to be able to eat icecream for a week but am now glad I still have them. :p
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »

Today's elliptical and brush cutting. For some strange reason, Fitbit doesn't have that in its repertoire of exercises. My arms are just wobbly...

ghac1g90cyck.png

good morning Lisa- thanks for thinking of us.
    Just got notice that basically half my home town is on mandatory evacuation as of this morning- up until this it was a watch with the fire heading the other way. Worried about so many family members/friends very close to it.
    Trying to get updates for my area- air is even worse today. Not good for my asthma but dealing with it. Pet/house sitting for a friend for a week. Wanted to take the dog for a long walk but that wouldn't be a good idea for either her or I. Staying in as much as possible.
    I will check in again soon- thanks again.

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! ❤ I have been working with the family for 22 years. I knew going in it could be difficult, just seems to be getting more so. This too shall pass. Yes family work meeting needs to happen.

RVRita I have been on Estradiol for over 10 years now. I am on 2 mg per day. Not only did it help my hot flashes, mood swings, and endometriosis pains, but also helped migraines. I had a hysterectomy at 28 y/o due to health but still have ovaries. Weight gain was not a side effect for me. I hope you find a happy place with meds. My youngest daughter tried the under skin birth control once. She gained 50 lbs in 2 months! The doctor kept telling her that her body needed to adjust. At 90 days and over 60 pounds she insisted they remove it. She is still struggling to lose that weight 10 years later. I do know that everyone's bodies react differently to meds. Hugs!

Work/life balance- will work on that while on vacation. I need to prioritize ME more. I am doing well with my financial goals this year. Not so good at others.

Faye- that is so scary! I am glad you were/are there for your friend

@bananasandoranges -some days simple is what we need. Some shared dome wise advice awhile ago on here. You eat an elephant one bite at a time!

I am going to start some laundry and find a couple of recipes for the produce hanging around. Meeting friends for dinner- go figure!

Kylia not really crying in Ohio

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,728 Member
    Options
    I finally got my tonsils out at 30 as I was getting strep at least twice a month and had 2 small kids... i lost 13 lbs the week after i got them out all i could do is suck on ice chips...
    Just got Faith out of a shower and gave her a snack... so we are good for a little bit...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Barbara - happy to hear Joe is doing better today.

I don’t think there is a “proper” way to deal with any stressful situation. I am pretty good at just putting one foot in front of the other in times of crisis and then breaking down after all the dust has settled. I found out when my SIL lost a set of twins that she thought I was cold and couldn’t understand how I could be so calm.
    Truth of the matter is, our husbands both drove trucks hers was speeding to get home and was stopped by the DOT in New Jersey and not allowed to go further. I was trying to be strong for her. She didn’t see me break down the day of the babies funerals. She has since changed her mind and understands me better now.

Tracey n Edmonton
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Meg ... that is wonderful news!

Beth
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Meg - nice to see you post.

Kim - I would have to chuckle at your VP too
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Great to see you Meg! <3

Yes, so many MIA. Luci and that adorable baby. Hope all our missing friends are safe.

Great cheer leader, Carol! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx