WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,967 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: decluttered last 2 desktop items, . . .
    Bonus: reconciled Part B statements, fruit and veg prep, swept cobwebs from deck and porch, . . .
    Get to do: BB&B, make reservation for Eugene trip, declutter sideboard, start baking cookies for visit, transplant and sow, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments. Monday 8/31 follow up email to SDAO re ABN registry, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login.
    Altruistic August
    22: do something to make life easier for someone else: fruit and veg prep for Joe

Everyone, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for your concern and understanding. Joe’s eye finally stopped tearing and he was able to get a good night’s sleep. Can tell he’s feeling much better as he joked “I thought sick people got cake and ice cream and cookies?” Turned his nose up at the bowl of berries and whipped cream I offered. :lol: In retrospect I made yesterday worse by my emotional response. S#!+ happens and I want to be calmer and better able to breathe and cope next time around.

SuziQ ”known to cry over a heart-felt commercial” me2. :love: your craft supported travel idea. Back in the day I wanted to be a Dog Show Gypsy when I grew up. ;)
    Amber @jrsmom you and yours are in my prayers as the double whammy storms head into the gulf.
    Faye thanks for the buckwheat bag reminder, will offer it to Joe, but be amazed if he accepts ;) You are the best of friends, loyal and protective and consistent.
    Barbie yes we love where we live and are willing to pay the distance-to-services price… so far. Not that it would have served us yesterday, but I’m encouraged by the proliferation of telemedicine options. Might ask the local Eye Dr’s tech if he consulted with surgeon via FaceTime/Skype/Zoom or just plain ol’ voice.
    Katla heart warmed that the gap Ichabod left has been filled. Admire your flexibility and persistence, hope your DH accepts plan B gracefully.
    Kylia what Tracey said. If I had to work with my SIL and BIL (whom I love, really) there would be murder done.
    Kay from all I’ve been told, the cataract surgery with lens implant is a breeze. The improvement is so dramatic and swift the recipient is usually overjoyed. Joe has sometimes reported dramatically improved vision in that eye, all the pain and pain and tearing trouble seems to have been from the canaloplasty/microstent glaucoma part that was done at the same time.
    Debbie in Napa Inciweb hasn’t updated the fires in your area for the past 3 days?
    Kim is the SCU Lighning Complex wildfire near you? 293+K acres only 10 pct contained?
    Meg you were missed! Look forward to seeing you more.

Self-isolation and stress day silver lining: two flat surfaces cleared,
    dhfjgw3icx3d.jpg
    bshvsar2lt3i.jpg
    One to go
    zon4wlmnqx7q.jpg

Now to get some fresh air and sunshine time.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: steps>5491=Thurs:2626, Fri:3784. vits=20.5 log=21 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=12 mfp=16 outside=9 up hill=6
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=4 rx=1 dance=1 clean 30 mins=9-2/3
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=5 20for20=
    bonus: AF=32 play= sew=

here is the update for the one close to us:

LNU Lightning Complex (includes Hennessey, Gamble, 15-10, Spanish, Markley, 13-4, 11-16, Walbridge)
    Incident Type Wildfire
    Start Date 2020-08-17
    Last Updated 2020-08-22 14:21:54
    Admin Unit CAL FIRE Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit
    County Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Yolo, Stanislaus
    Location See details below
    Acres Burned 314,207
    Percent Contained 15%

Debbie
    Napa Valley Ca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've had a couple of really good days. I'm eating less and writing more and I've been on my ministepper twice. Yay! So where's my progress? 😁Lol!

My heart goes out to those of you threatened by fire. So terrifying!

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙💜💛💚
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,178 Member
    Options
    Wellness: I've got 2 - 7 covered but still working on #1.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Regular morning workout
    5 miles walked
    2 hours of lawn work

The rest of the day wasted on the computer
    I suppose I have earned the right to waste the day, but do feel a bit guilty.

0i579vg5l08b.pngFayebptw03b4bmdy.png

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,178 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Third time’s a charm. This is what I’ve been trying to post. KD French Choir At the Fridge Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oeWqoDlDY4

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Are you out of the smoky area? :huh:

Meg: It is sooooo good to see you posting here!!! I hope all goes well for you. :heart:

1948Peachy: Your DGD is delightful. I’ll bet she gets her good looks from you. :flowerforyou:

Having Meg come back to the group is wonderful. I’m thinking of other missing friends we haven’t seen in a long while. Tere from VA dropped in to chat early in the Covid 19 pandemic. She was worried about family members who she feared had the Covid virus. I haven’t heard from her since that one post. Sending good thoughts to all of our friends who have challenges that keep them away. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Fresno is in the middle, the Central Valley. We have a big Smokey air happening. The air quality is not the best for people who are sensitive.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    AirQuality is 161 right now here.
    They say anything over 100 is unhealthy :(

Staying inside as much as possible.

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options

Did yoga for Weight Loss DVD (a new one). The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD (another new one)

Katla – that’s what I thought the reason was behind the 19 in Covid-19. Thanks for confirming this.

Allie – good thoughts for Homer. I hope he does make it the weekend

Tracey – Vince is the book smart one and I’m the “people smart” one

Worked, went in the pool, exercised, then made banana chocolate chip muffins for Vince, got a pork tenderloin marinating for Vince to grill tomorrow, and have meringues in the oven for me. Before work I washed two of the bathroom floors

Just fed my sourdough starter and it doesn’t seem to be rising. Wonder if this is normal? Better check uTube

Denise called. Pete has (and I’d never heard of this) a prolapsed rectum. Seems that yesterday he woke up in a pool of blood. He went to the ER and they diagnosed it as a prolapsed rectum. He’s supposed to see the surgeon on Tuesday. Evidently the ER must have pushed it back in. I guess depending on what happens, we may not be able to go up there in Sept. I think I’ll have my cry if we can’t.

Kylia – you sure do have a lot on your plate. Really hope you don’t lose Donovan

Coffee – welcome! Safe travels to the North. Speaking of which…anyone know where Penny is?

Barbara
    – I’m crying for you and Joe. Sometimes you feel so much better after a good cry. Cry all you need to

SuziQ – great streak! As of yesterday MFP said I had a 1 day streak….lol Sometimes I think it has PMS. Well, that’s not really a big thing for me anyway. One of the reasons I love NC so much is because we have the four seasons. Yes, it does snow sometimes. But when it snows, the snow is usually gone by 1:00. Yes, I am enjoying working. I always think “what would I want to see/have done for me”. Like they many times don’t keep the cart sanitizer full for customers to use. One time it happened to me and I didn’t like it. One time I took a cart (I still after 13 years can’t bring myself to think of it as a “buggy”) and it was wet from the sanitizer. I just didn’t like the feel of something dripping wet and certainly won’t like it in winter. They keep telling me to just spray the carts and then they’ll dry on their own, but I usually at least run a rag (paper) over the top of the handle. I don’t ever remember seeing WalMart sanitizing carts. Most other stores – yes. But then again, is that surprising? WalMart is ALWAYS looking for ways to save money. I took something back and one time I was told that maybe they had a minimum of how many of the same product you can return. Another time I was told that they had to find out if they can accept the return since it was over a certain amount of money.

Masks – Remember I told you that I sanitized mine in the IP the other day? Well, Jess asked me how hot it got and I didn’t have a number. Now I do. It gets up to 240 degrees

Had a meatloaf tonight and Vince won’t eat it. I think probably because the last time I made it I probably used garlic powder and this time I used real garlic. So guess who is going to have to eat it all?

During dinner I had a MAJOR cramp in my leg. But it’s over now. Maybe I need to pull out the ol’ pickle juice.

Meg
    – how wonderful for you and dh!!!

Just checked on the meringues. They’re not as dry as they should be so I think I’ll put the oven back on

Vince had the cataract surgery. For the first one, admitted he was scared. But afterwards, he couldn’t wait to get the other eye done.

I wonder how Mary is doing?

Faye
    – do you think we could maybe add the ideas to the other group Lisa started? The title of a post could be, say, “crochet” or “baking”

Kathleen - welcome back

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Here is the link to this group. I have made it private for now. I am headed to bed in 30 minutes but will check in the morning for any request to join. I am still feeling a bit stressed and over tired. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138240-women-over-50-diy
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Meg, that's amazing news! So pleased for you.
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Michele We could but her group is more for political and religious discussion. I am hoping this group will be more like a place where if you are wondering how to fix a broken cord on your favorite lamp you can find an answer or post a question of how to. Sewing, cooking, cleaning, woodworking, home repairs, anything that you have done yourself, or want to learn to do yourself will be found. I see so many here that have shared great ideas and I think they deserve a special place that a quick scan would find. Think about all the things we have done for ourselves over the years and why not compile that knowledge in one place. I wish there was a way to make it open for viewing but membership by request.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3