August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

1414243444547»

Replies

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    T
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Got 5 miles running and a walk on trails this morning. First 5 miles without a walk break since injury, fingers crossed! Icing my knee just in case.

Soooooo humid. 81 dewpoint.

While I was running a falling pecan hit me right in the nose! Ouch! Husband says, “Well it’s not a surprise, if you rolled a die like in d&d or something your nose would have the largest percentage chance devoted to it...” hardy har har. Fortunately I know he likes my big nose.

gxg6awxixqi8.png
    Right after we finished I looked like I had just jumped in a swimming pool! This is a quick dry tech shirt!
    nt29fbs2tt43.jpeg
    Back at the car, covered in salt and bugs. So many bugs. So many. I needed windshield wipers for my sunglasses.

I read falling pelican the first time😯

Oh, I was totally on team pelican, also... only it took more than one reread to figure out what was actually said!!

1.9 today = 3.7/ why am I starting over again??
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @mbaker566 Sounds like a really nice run in a lovely park. I hope you get to go back.
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Got 5 miles running and a walk on trails this morning. First 5 miles without a walk break since injury, fingers crossed! Icing my knee just in case.

Soooooo humid. 81 dewpoint.

While I was running a falling pecan hit me right in the nose! Ouch! Husband says, “Well it’s not a surprise, if you rolled a die like in d&d or something your nose would have the largest percentage chance devoted to it...” hardy har har. Fortunately I know he likes my big nose.

gxg6awxixqi8.png
    Right after we finished I looked like I had just jumped in a swimming pool! This is a quick dry tech shirt!
    nt29fbs2tt43.jpeg
    Back at the car, covered in salt and bugs. So many bugs. So many. I needed windshield wipers for my sunglasses.

I read falling pelican the first time😯

Hahaha Now THAT would be a story! :wink:

...or a falling pterodactyl...
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Great job everyone - sounds like some serious heat out there still. We had another cooler day here and it's starting to give some real fall vibes. I love that, but I'm not ready to move so fast toward the inevitable "after-fall" time that shall not be named. The office person at my doctor's office told me to enjoy my summer today and I was pleased by that optimism that we still had a bunch of summer left.

I love this description! I some times find myself not looking forward to Fall due to what follows.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Great job everyone - sounds like some serious heat out there still. We had another cooler day here and it's starting to give some real fall vibes. I love that, but I'm not ready to move so fast toward the inevitable "after-fall" time that shall not be named. The office person at my doctor's office told me to enjoy my summer today and I was pleased by that optimism that we still had a bunch of summer left.

I love this description! I some times find myself not looking forward to Fall due to what follows.

I am the same way. As much as I complain about the heat and humidity, I really prefer warm weather over cold.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    I just want it to be Fall or Spring all the time...😁

@AlphaHowls - I remember the "left, right, left, right, repeat till you get to the finish line." too. We'll just all be here to keep reminding each other of that and how to get through one step at a time. I am amazed that you were able to complete 540 miles given all that you were dealing with in August!, especially so many days of HM+ - WOW!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    I just want it to be Fall or Spring all the time...😁

@AlphaHowls - I remember the "left, right, left, right, repeat till you get to the finish line." too. We'll just all be here to keep reminding each other of that and how to get through one step at a time. I am amazed that you were able to complete 540 miles given all that you were dealing with in August!, especially so many days of HM+ - WOW!

Someone from the group said on Facebook that we should get that put on T-shirts.