WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    omg @ how many posts there are...in ONE day, lol! You women are movers and shakers, for sure.

drkatiebug, a locked out ipad is basically a death march. I am so sorry to read this.

The move to university, yesterday, for teenage son was smooth and uneventful. We hope the same for our teen daughter’s upcoming move.

Today I ha e a heavy workday and am not sure I will get a workout in - I slept like crap last night so zzzzzzz’d through my morning workout time.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Im up with Faith and it is a cloudy rainy day so we shall see how it goes...usually when its like this its a sleepy day for her..but tonight is a full moon so all bets are off..
    I didnt sleep well at all so i am beat today.. glad it hopefully be a quiet day
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I looked at yesterday’s posts and it looks like you were pretty chipper in the morning. Wondering if something about lunch triggered your symptoms? (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @amymh41 Come join us in the September thread!

>>>
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Roaring 40s?!?
    Furious Fifties?!?
    Screaming Sixties?!?

It's supposed to be windy tomorrow ... and Friday ...

55rerrstc7va.png
    https://www.windy.com/?-48.591,148.957,3

"Tasmania takes a pounding because it’s off the southern coast of Australia, in what’s called the Roaring Forties -- the nickname sailors gave latitudes between 40 and 50 degrees south. This band has some of the strongest sustained winds on the planet. In fact, about the only zone that can top the Roaring Forties is the next band southward: the Furious Fifties."
    https://www.scienceandthesea.org/program/201005/roaring-forties

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    68547cwg98wmzcn.gif
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I do not like my itchy boobs
    I do not like my boobs that itch
    I do not like my twitchy boobs
    I do not like my boobs that twitch

I do not like my rashy boobs
    I do not like my boobs with rash
    I do not like my perfume splashy boobs
    I do not like my boobs with perfume splash

I do not like my cashie perfume boobs
    I do not like spending fifty dollars cash
    I do not like the feel of trashy perfume boobs
    I do not like throwing a full bottle in the trash

• Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lisa Have you had an endoscopy of your stomach? I had one last year and it helped me to make some diet changes. Mainly foods to eat first that help dampen the acid.

SuzyQ Your gorgeous orchids make me smile!

Beeps I had a less than desirable night also and while I didn't sleep through my AM workout I did cut it short. Sept. 2nd and I have already failed my goal, but I will regroup and add some more to tomorrow's workout. I think I drank caffeine to late in the day yesterday.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Barbie, thank you for starting us off once again. A new month, sure hope I can do better with it than the old month!
    Allie, I'm glad to hear that you are looking for another job. I was going to suggest it, not just because Jean is being a B*TCH (and yes, I meant to capitalize that, because she is being a big one), but also because Faith may not be here for much longer. You said yourself she is sleeping more and more. I could be wrong, I have zero medical training, but I know you've been concerned about her health too. And once she's gone, you can bet Jean won't give a hoot about what happens to you!
    Machka, that dental work does not sound like fun, but I am glad you are getting it taken care of. Do you have a dental package thru work? I used to have a good one, it paid for 50% of the cost of the 5 crowns that I have, now I would have to dip deep into savings to pay for any that I needed as my current package only pays for basic work. When I was getting them done, the cost was between $1000 and $1200. 50% of that was enough! Also, thank you for reposting Barbie's link, I missed it and you saved me having to go back and try to find it.
    Suzi/Pip, I too would eat Yogi's dog treats! Although, I probably would put raisins or some other dried fruit in them if I were eating them!
    Margaret, I'm so sorry that your brother is being an insensitive jerk. Perhaps he just doesn't know what to say or do?
    Katie, no, you are not being a drama queen, your friend was the insensitive one and should have either paid you for the ipad or wiped it when she was done with it. And how rude of her to keep it for several months and then lie to you about not having used it!
    I have been reading, but too busy to comment, or it's so late when I get caught up I just have to go to bed! Work has been busy, so no catching up there! I like that it's been busy, the day just goes so much faster, but I do like getting caught up on here when I'm there. Oh well. Guess I should just be happy to have a job that I like and that pays me a decent wage!
    I have had a bit of surgery on my toes. The nails on my big toes were horribly ingrown and quite painful as a result. Last Monday a went to a podiatrist and he cut out the nails and applied a chemical to part of the nail root so that the nail would grow out to a normal size. I'm very happy to have had it done as I know it will feel so much better, but I'm not quite there yet! The chemical causes a burn to occur, so every now and then, I feel like my toe is on fire. It's a bit uncomfortable, to say the least. But I am noticing a difference already, not as much pain, and I am leaving the toes uncovered for longer periods of time too. For instance, after my shower last night, I bandaged. This afternoon I had a manicure and then stopped and picked up some groceries. Also stopped by my son's place to give him back his house key from when I kitty sat. (Got to see grandkids! Grandson is now greeting me with smiles and hugs, so nice! Love that kid to bits. Granddaughter is still not sure, but she just turned one in May, so need to give her some time too) Anyway, as soon as I got home, the socks and bandages came off. I have still been wearing my slippers, but they are pretty loose and still give the toes some good air time. The doc wanted me to take photos of them on Sunday night and email them to him so he could see how they were doing. He emailed back that they are looking good, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing! When I had the consult in Feb, he talked about coming back in a week after the procedure, but with the pandemic more stuff is being done online. And I submitted my receipts for the consult and procedure and the benefits package covered it all! WooHoo!
    I haven't been to the gym since the procedure, but am going to try to ride my bike to work on Thurs and just see how things go. I will be getting back to the gym next week for sure.
    Must close this for now. Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on Vancouver Island where the weather could not make up it's mind yesterday!

Grapes and raisins r not good for dogs, if they were I still wouldn’t put them in there, I don’t like them either
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    Lisa: You poor dear girl. You’re not whiney! You’re in distress. Altogether a different thing entirely. It must be so wearying when the food you need has such an unpleasant effect. I hope that the VA doctors can sort it out for you.

@charsuzy 👍🏻 Regular logging is a good start, as is the walking. 3lbs is very doable.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Faye - I had a gastric bypass 15 years ago, and yes, along with the colonoscopy, they also scoped my stomach. I don't actually have acid in my remaining small stomach, it enters the system further down the digestive tract from the remnant. Thanks for the question, though.
  • Faetta
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Faye - I had a gastric bypass 15 years ago, and yes, along with the colonoscopy, they also scoped my stomach. I don't actually have acid in my remaining small stomach, it enters the system further down the digestive tract from the remnant. Thanks for the question, though.

OH goodness, Yes, the gastric bypass certainly can be an issue with age. I sure hope you can get something figured out. One of my friends deals with the same thing. She did great after bypass for years but now weight gained back plus some and 24/7 digestive disturbance.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »

OH goodness, Yes, the gastric bypass certainly can be an issue with age. I sure hope you can get something figured out. One of my friends deals with the same thing. She did great after bypass for years but now weight gained back plus some and 24/7 digestive disturbance.

There are days when it feels like a deal with the devil, but oddly enough, this isn't one--I don't think this has anything to do with gastric bypass. I mentioned it in passing because acid is not present in my stomach, not because I think the current issues are because of the surgery.

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Kim, the thing is I don’t think I can do it anymore. Even if I took it to apple, they’re going to ask questions about her apple id and password that I can’t answer. She is going to have to do it. She may have to get the iPad back in her possession to do it. She did offer to drive to the coworker’s house and get it. I’m hoping she has enough character to make it right.

There is a way to reset to factory settings. I'd get it back and try it.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211078

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,847 Member
    Options
    Lisa I really feel for you. After a year of the same symptoms my primary care encouraged I see a gastroenterologist which I was refusing to do. I finally gave in. I was lucky to get one that listened to me. They found a form of colitis. They put me on a low dose steroid called Budesonide, which after months of experiments I take once a day at night. Any less and my symptoms come back. The side effects of a full dose is just as bad as symptoms but I tolerate one a day well. I really hope you can find a good gastrointestinal doctor that listens. Horrible disease. Look up colitis support groups on Facebook, I’m on one. It may help.

2 days down and did a 18 hour fast last night , really hoping I can kick start my body to release the last 10-15 pounds I’ve been stuck on for the last 18 month!

RV Rita

Ps... hard reset of iPad will need your login and password unless you were not the first user. I’ve tried this in the past.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Pip chocolate another no for dogs. I did look up peaches as long as it is the fruit and not skins okay. Gave Drew some last night and she is one who will eat as much as you are willing to give. Since new to her just gave her a few small chunks. She also like squash and cukes from our garden and blueberries. If I am not sure I check on the web.

I don't know why grapes are so bad but I have heard that too. Along with onions, avocado, and mushrooms.

My biggest problem in walking her are the chicken bones people fail to throw into the trash in our area! Arghh!