WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Feeling off today with no sleep and nor hungry, Faith says she is feeling blah too,going to check her sugar .
    I was looking at pictures of Gone with the Wind and I figured out something... I am Melanie Wilks and Jean is Scarlett O Hara ...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Karen: It seems to be food at all that triggers me, so mornings are generally good because I don't eat until 11 a.m. or noon. As soon as the body's gas production ramps up, the whole system gets haywire. It appears that everything I eat causes the same reaction, and I have to eat. Feels like that's an eating disorder in the making, so I try not to think about it much.

Yesterday in particular was, I think, the backlash from to trying two weeks of low-dose fiber, which I quit taking Sunday morning. I realized, as careful as I'd been to ramp the dosage up slowly, it was stopping things up rather than helping things through.

I'm just exhausted, fed up with a body that will not work right.

Sorry to be so whiny, guys.

Lisa in AR

>>>

You’re not whiny. You’re tired and fed up.

I’m sure you’ve thought about the condition Katla’s husband has - intolerance to fermentable foods.

I just wish I could think of something to help you.

When my son was a toddler, we finally had to put him on a diet consisting of just 4 foods, and every few days we added back another food or food group - it was crystal clear what his food intolerances were by the time we had tried (and eliminated) many foods. It took weeks to accomplish, but it “cured” him until he outgrew most of the intolerances, and made him a much happier little fellow. (One of the symptoms he experienced was irritability.)

I know you’ve already tried everything… xoxo

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Lisa Have you had your microbiome tested? I seem to remember you are taking a low dose antibiotic for UTI. That would successfully kill off all your good gut bacteria which are essential to digestion and a healthy life. You may have already stopped it though. <3 You can get a poo transplant :o:o if all else fails! We are our bacteria! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Lisa glad today is a better day!
  • kholl25
    kholl25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So I've tried MFP for years...with roller coaster results. Trying again - ran into a friend in her mid fifties who had lost 40 pounds over a year...gave me renewed hope that it would be possible with my 52 year old metabolism. I had pretty much given up and was trying to learn to just live with my weight gain. I would like to lose five pounds a month - for 12 months. Seems like a reasonable goal...but haven't been able to accomplish it yet! I KNOW that the secret to MY success is logging my food. So that is what I'm back to trying. Finding friends to be accountable with will definitely help. So...here's to September! And then october, November, December...
  • kholl25
    kholl25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add -

Kristen
    NW Washington State
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... First of all, thank you for getting on your soap box for me. Absolutely spot on! Amazing how we can let a word or a phrase set us back. I knew better. I know better. I believe we can go through life handling really big things, serious things ... and then fall apart over a cup of spilt milk. I know that I have been under a lot of stress ... those words were the cup of spilt milk. Then, I'm sorry about that situation you just drew a line under ... hoping you get answers and feel better soon!

SuziQ ... I started about 125 pounds overweight (I stopped weighing at my highest). I was within 40 pounds of my goal (which is not some crazy number but a healthy BMI) but didn't maintain it.

And about that BMI number ... it was created in the 1830s?? Seriously?

Beth

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KRISTEN

Welcome! There are quite a few ladies from the Pacific North West here.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Pip chocolate another no for dogs. I did look up peaches as long as it is the fruit and not skins okay. Gave Drew some last night and she is one who will eat as much as you are willing to give. Since new to her just gave her a few small chunks. She also like squash and cukes from our garden and blueberries. If I am not sure I check on the web.

I don't know why grapes are so bad but I have heard that too. Along with onions, avocado, and mushrooms.

My biggest problem in walking her are the chicken bones people fail to throw into the trash in our area! Arghh!

It’s dark chocolate that is dangerous for dogs specifically
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Barbie - sorry about the dog. Your lunch looks amazing!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country (where it is FINALLY raining!!)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Kristen: It’s definitely possible! In 2015 at the age of 69, I managed to lose 48lbs (4 per month) after a lifetime of yo yo dieting. Kept going and am currently down 77lbs and have maintained for about 9 months so far. I have embraced my permanent lifestyle change, and have no inclination to revert to my old ways.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    I did talk to my brother for a few minutes through a friend and told him about not going to the cottage and he asked why.. said shane going to the lake and knew that Jean would be there too..
    He said he wouldnt be leaving the cottage until he gets what he needs to done..
    Im just going to do stuff around here which is fine..
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Beth: They have now developed a smart BMI calculator which takes age, height, and build into account. I don’t know why the medical profession still persist in using that outdated calculation.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Smart BMI Calculator: takes account of sex, age, height, and build.

https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    I have been binge watching 'Yellowstone '. Its on par with 'Longmeire'. I am in season 2 and emotionally invested.👍
    Husband's birthday was quiet, but nice. We are having leftover lasagna tonight.

Its in the 40/50's at night, so I got out the throw blankets for the bed. Summer is officially over. It was about 1 week long here.

Hugs to y'all!
    💖Rebecca