WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Options
    Smart BMI Calculator: takes account of sex, age, height, and build.

https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/

thank you!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kristen in WA: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Post often & get to know us. :star:

Barbie: Your lunch is visually appealing. I’ll bet every bite is delicious. :smiley:

Lisa: Look up Low Fodmap Food Chart. Look on the Monash University site in Austraila. It is a list of foods that are good for you on one side, and likely to upset your digestive system on the other side. Good is green, & Red is likely to cause upset. Look at www.monash.edu Low FODMAP Diet App | Monash University
    It is a starting place to begin learning about the system. If you’re interested I downloaded loads of recipes that are friendly for DH. The FODMAP Diet has made a huge difference for him. (((HUGS)))

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD for the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Muscle Max DVD.

Worked today. It was interesting, to say the least. Unbeknownst to us, the download of the prices of things on sale didn’t for whatever reason get to our store. So we had to override A LOT. Boy, did I get good at overrides! And, of course, we didn’t know all the items that were on sale. I feel bad for the people who didn’t realize that they weren’t getting the sale price, but there’s nothing I can do about it. Came home, fed my starter (there’s A LITTLE and I do mean LITTLE) activity, exercised, went in the pool, had dinner, now here. I’m thinking that early tomorrow I’ll go to Aldi’s

At the end of the day I do have to say that I enjoy working. It gets me talking to people. So many different people, you can learn so much and help so much. Like today this person was asking me what building was going at the end of the strip mall. I told him it was a new vet (the one we use, right across the street from where they’re building a new building) office. He was saying how he was unhappy with the vet he has now, so I told him that I highly recommended our vet. The man said that he might go back to them. Now was he being nice to me? I don’t know. But I did feel good about recommending the vet. I'm really not looking for a whole lot of hours or to make a lot of money, I just want to feel good. And I feel I do.

Pip – I make a homemade dog biscuit for my friends who have dogs. The recipe says to cut them in bone shapes but I don’t. I figure the dog doesn’t care the shape….lol Am I lazy or what?

Drkatie – I don’t think you’re being insensitive at all. What your “friend” did was inexcusable. What your friend should (but probably won’t) do is buy a new tablet since she “broke” yours in making it unusable. Update: how wonderful that they got the PW fixed!!!!

Allie
    – what did Faith do that has you so upset?

SuziQ
    – To me, this phase 2.5 is a bit of a joke. Like the gyms are now allowed to be open. Really, they’ve been open. I guess the only big thing is that the number of people who can gather has increased. But you know what? There have been gatherings of over 10 So I really don’t see much of what’s changing. So you’re in phase 1.5, huh?

Faye
    – great poem

Tonight I’m trying putting the starter in the oven on “proof”. While I was at the pool, I needed to refill the WHY (wasp, hornet and yellowjacket) trap with apple juice and realized that if I don’t change it about every other day, the apple juice starts to ferment. I’m thinking from the heat. So I’ll try giving the starter some heat. Sure hope this helps because I’m getting frustrated. King Arthur you just might see me.

Katla
    – I’m sorry you haven’t gotten your helmet.

I, too, HATE this medicare stuff. I’d like a supplement that is not an Advantage plan but that includes Silver Sneakers. I haven’t found anyone. One that I called to ask if they had what I’m looking for asked me for my address. What in the world does that have to do with them looking up whether or not they can provide it? I told him so. I just didn’t want them sending me all sorts of mail. It was just a simple “yes” or “no” answer that I was looking for. Unfortunately, I got the answer and it was a “no”.

Kristen – welcome! Your goal is absolutely doable

Michele NC
    Who is off to put the buttons on the crochet towel toppers
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a DVD for the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Muscle Max DVD.

Worked today. It was interesting, to say the least. Unbeknownst to us, the download of the prices of things on sale didn’t for whatever reason get to our store. So we had to override A LOT. Boy, did I get good at overrides! And, of course, we didn’t know all the items that were on sale. I feel bad for the people who didn’t realize that they weren’t getting the sale price, but there’s nothing I can do about it. Came home, fed my starter (there’s A LITTLE and I do mean LITTLE) activity, exercised, went in the pool, had dinner, now here. I’m thinking that early tomorrow I’ll go to Aldi’s

At the end of the day I do have to say that I enjoy working. It gets me talking to people. So many different people, you can learn so much and help so much. Like today this person was asking me what building was going at the end of the strip mall. I told him it was a new vet (the one we use, right across the street from where they’re building a new building) office. He was saying how he was unhappy with the vet he has now, so I told him that I highly recommended our vet. The man said that he might go back to them. Now was he being nice to me? I don’t know. But I did feel good about recommending the vet. I'm really not looking for a whole lot of hours or to make a lot of money, I just want to feel good. And I feel I do.

Pip – I make a homemade dog biscuit for my friends who have dogs. The recipe says to cut them in bone shapes but I don’t. I figure the dog doesn’t care the shape….lol Am I lazy or what?

Drkatie – I don’t think you’re being insensitive at all. What your “friend” did was inexcusable. What your friend should (but probably won’t) do is buy a new tablet since she “broke” yours in making it unusable. Update: how wonderful that they got the PW fixed!!!!

Allie
    – what did Faith do that has you so upset?

SuziQ
    – To me, this phase 2.5 is a bit of a joke. Like the gyms are now allowed to be open. Really, they’ve been open. I guess the only big thing is that the number of people who can gather has increased. But you know what? There have been gatherings of over 10 So I really don’t see much of what’s changing. So you’re in phase 1.5, huh?

Faye
    – great poem

Tonight I’m trying putting the starter in the oven on “proof”. While I was at the pool, I needed to refill the WHY (wasp, hornet and yellowjacket) trap with apple juice and realized that if I don’t change it about every other day, the apple juice starts to ferment. I’m thinking from the heat. So I’ll try giving the starter some heat. Sure hope this helps because I’m getting frustrated. King Arthur you just might see me.

Katla
    – I’m sorry you haven’t gotten your helmet.

I, too, HATE this medicare stuff. I’d like a supplement that is not an Advantage plan but that includes Silver Sneakers. I haven’t found anyone. One that I called to ask if they had what I’m looking for asked me for my address. What in the world does that have to do with them looking up whether or not they can provide it? I told him so. I just didn’t want them sending me all sorts of mail. It was just a simple “yes” or “no” answer that I was looking for. Unfortunately, I got the answer and it was a “no”.

Kristen – welcome! Your goal is absolutely doable

Michele NC
    Who is off to put the buttons on the crochet towel toppers

Not lazy at all
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr, 37min, 39sec, 3.1ap, 97nhr, 5.07mi= 509c
    Apple Watch- 456c
    Zwift ride on bike trainer- 28.10min, 13.9amph, 156mhr, 6.50mi= 392c (didn’t record right, Zwift)
    Apple Watch- 314c

Total cal 901
  • Katla49
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yvonne: Our old dog is a wonderful pet and still enjoying life, in good part because of a good veterinarian who has set us on a path to help keep him comfortable and a good groomer who noticed a problem in the first place, months and months ago. He has pain pills twice a day & uses a hydrocortisone cream for humans to keep a lesion on his backside from becoming painful. He loves to take walks in the neighborhood and is active and happy. So far, so good. We treasure every day with him. :star:

Michele: DH finally got through to someone and the helmet is on the way. I hope. Luckily DH did a good job fixing up my old helmet, so I will be able to ride when I get the opportunity. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

September 2020 Resolutions

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol.

Halt Stress:

1. Am I hungry?
    2. Am I angry?
    3. Am I lonely?
    4: Am I tired?

For any yes answer, I have a practical way to help myself. If I am hungry, I eat. If I am angry I can find a way to address the problem that caused anger. If I’m lonely, I can chat with this wonderful group, or DH, or call a friend. If I’m tired I can rest or sleep. It doesn’t make life perfect, but it sure helps smooth out some bumps.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    🦋❤️🦋❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: library, bank, post office, Freddie’s
    Bonus: one load of laundry, dropped off DVD’s to Tracie who invited me to her deck for a lovely chat. Did us both tons of good.
    Get to do: pack, make best possible food activity choices the next two days, take pics of car, call progressive adjuster, pack, BB&B, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs.
    Self Care September
    3: Cancel any unnecessary plans:

Machka saw a trailer for this horrific new series on the Discovery Channel and immediately thought of you and of our sadistic schoolmates. Lisa ((hugs)) hope the VA MD can see you soon and find a solution.
    Kay Yay for the fix, boo for the lack of communication.
    Heather a somber reminder why we need to self-isolate, mask, maintain social distance and wash wash wash those hands. Your run sounds lovely.
    Welcome Kristen in NW WA,
    Terri thanks for the smart BMI calculator, encouraging to think only 4 lbs away from an optimal range, that is do-able!
    Rebecca your about one week long summer made me smile. It was 2 days here and now we’re back to perpetual autumn/spring weather. Fine by me!
    Tracey hoping that having the entire Rec department quit without giving notice will finally wake up the top level management to the problem.

Spent some time yesterday organizing a list of line dances I like by bpm and making a play list on YouTube. Then was too tired to do them. CI way over today, due double portions of red wine and popcorn. SMH!

Pet sitter picked up the pooches. House is sad, quiet and empty without them.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit withJoe: 3, weigh: 2, steps>5491=4235 vits=2 log=2 CI<CO=1 CI<250<CO=0 Tumble & Shadow 5=2 mfp=2 outside=2 up hill=2
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx= dance= clean 30 mins=.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=0 play= sew=
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,108 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have been binge watching 'Yellowstone '. Its on par with 'Longmeire'. I am in season 2 and emotionally invested.👍
    Husband's birthday was quiet, but nice. We are having leftover lasagna tonight.

Its in the 40/50's at night, so I got out the throw blankets for the bed. Summer is officially over. It was about 1 week long here.

Hugs to y'all!
    💖Rebecca

I've had to look out my socks this week, and the leaves are taking on a golden glow, which doesn't usually happen until mid October. 🌫🌬☔️
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Terri ... the smart BMI calculator has me classified as overweight ... I know it seems silly, but that seems to make a difference!

I know what you mean. It helped me so much when I found it. It meant that I adopted a much more realistic weight goal for my age.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,108 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Edit window Timed out before I had a chance to say morning all!!! 😂 Luckily I was saving as I went along. So didn't lose the post.

Kim NC: WOW! What a harvest. Happy days!

Tracey: 😂 The dream!!! Glad that your old boss was in tune with your mood.
    kholl25 wrote: »
    well - here it is 6:33 and no dinner plans. Actually - fall back of grilled hamburgers. Trying it with a "lettuce bun" tonight. I know there is no way it will be as satisfying - but it is just "retraining". Today started with having to wash bedding from cat pee...again...and then shampooing carpets because I'm pretty sure our house smells and we just don't realize it. August - "lost" one daughter to marriage (I know...didn't lose her, but relationship changed, one moved into her own apartment 100 miles away, one installed in her dorm in Spokane. One daughter left...sophomore. So, going through closets/dressers, trying to reduce the clutter which is stress inducing! Got lots done there...but no dinner.
    👌🏻 Keeping busy is a good way to deal with the 'empty nest' blues. They'll be back soon enough. When our granddaughter first went to uni in Oxford it seemed like no time until she was back for Christmas. And she had matured so much. I never worried about her after that.

Today looks promising for an outdoor walk. I've already done an 30 minute interval walk/jog, and a 30 minute dance aerobic workout just in case to make sure I hit my step goal. It irks me when I have to catch up after dinner.

Sending good vibrations your way. Saw this on Facebook this morning when I was catching up with family.
    yhgfiop703ol.jpg

☘️ Terri
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Just got the news that a friend died. No call, no text, via Facebook. Pancreatic cancer. 55! I have no idea what to say to his wife. My bestie is also close friends with his wife. It was expected but still upsetting. I figured out why I slept badly last night. Stupid me eating half a watermelon an hour before bedtime. My between boob rash is better. That was another stupid me. I got scammed on my favorite perfume. To save $20 I didn't order it from Miglin but Amazon. Wrong bottle, wrong color, weak smell that didn't last, and something in it causes skin rashes. I cannot send it back as it is not returnable. Amazon no longer has any way to contact them about scams. No more A to Z policy, just up the wa zoo for you old woman! Well, old smart-me decides I might as well just use it, so I sprayed a lot between my breast thinking that would last longer. It didn't last and caused itching which led to scratching which led to a rash. That is what that juvenile poem was about yesterday.

I think I will get a three-legged stool and go sit in the corner wearing a pointed hat and cry.
    gjsyjjvsjplr.png
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have been binge watching 'Yellowstone '. Its on par with 'Longmeire'. I am in season 2 and emotionally invested.👍
    Husband's birthday was quiet, but nice. We are having leftover lasagna tonight.

Its in the 40/50's at night, so I got out the throw blankets for the bed. Summer is officially over. It was about 1 week long here.

Hugs to y'all!
    💖Rebecca

I loved Longmire and like Yellowstone. I grew up on a mountain ranch next to an Indian reservation and never remember any problems, but shows have to have a storyline. My favorite in Longmire was Lou Diamond and his continual soiree. I hadn't heard that word in years. My dads side of the family was French and French Canadian and they never said birthday party it was always Faye's Birthday Soiree. I never really looked up the meaning until I watched Longmire and I can say my dad was being sarcastic because my birthday parties were boring and I still had to do chores.