Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Yuyyy
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Machka - when I was done my job in 2017 I had been under stress for about 3 years, the last 8 months I would call heavy stress. The first month that I was off I slept like I couldn’t believe. I would sleep all night, wake up be awake for an hour or so and nap for a couple hours, wake up for an hour or so and nap again for a couple hours. It was a cycle of sleep and wake for a month. I thought I was sick. It took a long time before I felt I was back to myself.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    beth - I have had those times as well. Mine would have been a stop at McDonalds.

Katie - I would be upset with my friend too. Surely she can do the forget password and go through that mess.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie-

Nope. Not too sensitive. Not being a drama queen.

She needs to make it right.

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for the new thread....
    Barbara, will be thinking of you and your DH.
    Katie, I would be disappointed and angry, too.
    Beth, it could have been me with the brownies and then candy... darn!

Betsy in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katie bug, I would be beyond furious! This "friend" stole the use of your ipad for a month and then made it unusable... I would get this fixed and then put a lot of space between me and her. You are not being a drama queen not even a drama princess.... You are being a reasonable person.

kim in N. California
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Kim, the thing is I don’t think I can do it anymore. Even if I took it to apple, they’re going to ask questions about her apple id and password that I can’t answer. She is going to have to do it. She may have to get the iPad back in her possession to do it. She did offer to drive to the coworker’s house and get it. I’m hoping she has enough character to make it right.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my one and only goal result! My only goal is to weigh less at the end of the month than the beginning. Well, it depends on which calendar you use. If I stick with my official wi day, then I lost 1.4 lbs in August. If I actually use the weight on the last day of Aug, then I gained 1.4 lbs....... Sigh.
    Need to get off my butt more!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Machka, that dental work does not sound like fun, but I am glad you are getting it taken care of. Do you have a dental package thru work? I used to have a good one, it paid for 50% of the cost of the 5 crowns that I have, now I would have to dip deep into savings to pay for any that I needed as my current package only pays for basic work. When I was getting them done, the cost was between $1000 and $1200. 50% of that was enough! Also, thank you for reposting Barbie's link, I missed it and you saved me having to go back and try to find it.

Evelyn, on Vancouver Island where the weather could not make up it's mind yesterday!

Employers in Australia don't provide health care packages to employees. Unlike in Canada, we don't get "benefits". That came as a little bit of a surprise to me!

But we do get good pay and great holiday time. :)

M in Oz
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Dr Katie Here is a hug, but I won't offer any advice as to your being wronged. That is the story of my life. I live by the rule that has been passed down for generations in my family of always leaving things better than you found them. I have never understood how "friends" could borrow things and forget to return them or loan them out to others or return them damaged and never offer to replace or fix them. You are not overacting. This is one reason I have a lot of ex-friends.

Barbara I was having some pain by my glaucoma eye yesterday and thought about Joe and the draining tube so I had my pressures checked. They were still at 10, so I just did the heat pad thing and it is better but still not to my liking. I just can't imagine having a drain tube. I hope he is finding some relief.

Betsy I am amazed by all the Pacific Northwest girls on this thread. Lots of ex PNW also. I can't believe this MFP site has been around for many years and I only recently found it.

Faye in Northcentral OR
    6g9zamua1y4j.png
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all... kinda soapboxing it here, as well as remembering these things for myself.

Beth
    Time for a reality check: Stop with the shame game!
    We've been indoctrinated from birth with this notion that, if we're overweight, we are weak and lazy, and it is simply not true.

Stop being ashamed, stop hating yourself, stop punishing yourself. You know all these things at the surface level but you really need to realize the fact that by beating up on yourself, you are loading even more stress onto what is already a tremendously stressful time (your son's hospitalization, his coming home, trying to make food he can eat, Covid-19, our country's issues, for just a few). You cannot fail your son, and SOMEthing has to give, so you "fail" yourself.

In order to make yourself feel better, you try to change the way you feel with food. The problem is, at the very moment it hits your tongue, for just one truly fleeting second, it works, because it hits your dopamine levels. You feel different. And then the shame and the blame and the self-destruction cycles out again. It's so freaking vicious that we begin to despair.

Stop being angry with yourself. Stop hurting and hating and punishing you. Pat your own little head, and say, "It's OK," and start making the choices now that will get you where you want. Have the *kitten* peanut butter cup, but just have one, add it into your calorie count, and go on with your day without the emotional overload. It is a peanut butter cup, not a life choice, not a failure, not a sin. Each choice you make that leads you where you want to go is a teeny-tiny little hit of dopamine, as well. Come here for another hit of dopamine when we say, "Well done!"

But stop hating my friend, you do not deserve to feel that way. None of us do.

Katiebug
    I don't think your reaction was an overreaction. It was in line with what the situation warranted.

Evie
    I'm glad you had your toes worked on, sounds like they really needed it.

Viv
    Take your time, dear heart. We'll still be here when you get back. Many good thoughts and wishes winging their way to your relative. Broken hips are no fun.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: confirm dermatologist cancelled, typed hymns.
    Bonus: listened to Joe, one load of laundry, liberated the baby Grand Fir, dogs to power line easement and back up twice.
    Get to do: take pics of car, call progressive adjuster, library, bank, post office, pack, BB&B, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs.
    Self Care September
    2: be willing to share feelings/ask for help

Thank you all dear friends. Being able to express my fear and anxiety here helps me to be truly calm, really focus on and listen to Joe. I’d be lost without you all.

Lisa hoping you, Corey and Egg are safe from the flash floods and tornadoes the Weather Channel has been forecasting for Arkansas.
    Beth ((hugs)) September is self-care month, a good time for us to be a little kinder to ourselves?
    Kay ((hugs)) so upsetting when a friend abuses our trust AND lies for no reason. Better angry than hurt, imho.
    Tracey your story of sleep after your stressful job reminds me of Mama. Papa was wheelchair bound for 17 years, but she got him out to weekly church, bridge games even dinner out. When he passed, she slept for an entire summer.
    Kim will the naked lady bulbs survive dry until the autumn rains or do I need to water them in?
    Faye, how easy is it for you to have the pressure checked? Walk in or wait for appointment? So glad your pressure is still down at 10, sorry the pain persists.

Walked the pups down to the powerline easement and back up the hill twice as there will be days this month when I won’t be able to walk them at all. Felt good to deposit an extra in the activity bank.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit withJoe: 2, weigh: 1, steps>5491=3985 vits=1 log=1 CI<CO=1 CI<250<CO=0 Tumble & Shadow 5=2 mfp=1 outside=2 up hill=2
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx= dance= clean 30 mins=.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=0 play= sew=
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Lisa-I’m sorry you’re going through that,and I do know what you’re going through.Ive had the exact same issue before and refused to see a doctor.It did pass eventually but I was weak for a while.But it sounds like your situation has been ongoing and you really need to be seen.Due to a recent visit with a doctor,I hope you have one that will actually Listen.
    Debby in Va
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3