Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    guys/girls

whats the best thing anyone ever given u as a gift

A new Merc, which I loved but I sent back

A car?
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Is a Merc a car... like a Mercedes?

Cause if so, I feel robbed! :cry:

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    guys/girls

For my birthday last year my wife gave me instructions to go somewhere downtown at a certain time, what to wear, what to bring; when I got there, I found out she signed me up for some blacksmithing sessions with a local blacksmith. It was awesome

What does one wear to the local blacksmith?

Jeans, sturdier-than-cotton shirt, boots, and a bandana. Also I had to bring water bottles. Gets hot by the forge :)

Is this where you played with a plasma cutter?

Sounds like she cant actually top this gift. She played her hand too early.

Maybe tomorrow she texts you to show up at Merritt Island wearing a space helmet, there’s still time
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    :o
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    guys/girls

For my birthday last year my wife gave me instructions to go somewhere downtown at a certain time, what to wear, what to bring; when I got there, I found out she signed me up for some blacksmithing sessions with a local blacksmith. It was awesome

What does one wear to the local blacksmith?

Jeans, sturdier-than-cotton shirt, boots, and a bandana. Also I had to bring water bottles. Gets hot by the forge :)

Is this where you played with a plasma cutter?

Sounds like she cant actually top this gift. She played her hand too early.

Maybe tomorrow she texts you to show up at Merritt Island wearing a space helmet, there’s still time

Yes that was plasma cutter fun :D
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

A guy who pushes you to do more and improve, or a guy who accepts you just as you are and can careless about pushing you?

I'm going with don't push me. Accept me as I am, support my decisions and efforts regarding changes that I want to make, but recognize that they will be my choice. Make suggestions but if I decline, drop it.

I have a bad tendency to get my back up really fast when I hear "you should...". I interpret that as the other person thinking they know better than I do. So I will automatically reject anything that comes after the should, even if it's good advice, unless I specifically asked for it.

When I had been lifting for a few years and was into progressively heavier weights, the SO told me not to get "too muscular" because "it doesn't look good on a woman". Not that there's any danger whatsoever that I will get too visibly muscular :D but I shot that advice down real quick.
    threewins wrote: »
    Ladies: how would/do you feel when know that your partner would prefer that you never wear makeup?

I feel that perhaps he'd be better off with a woman who never wears makeup and not me.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Ladies...

A guy who pushes you to do more and improve, or a guy who accepts you just as you are and can careless about pushing you?

I'm going with don't push me. Accept me as I am, support my decisions and efforts regarding changes that I want to make, but recognize that they will be my choice. Make suggestions but if I decline, drop it.

I have a bad tendency to get my back up really fast when I hear "you should...". I interpret that as the other person thinking they know better than I do. So I will automatically reject anything that comes after the should, even if it's good advice, unless I specifically asked for it.

When I had been lifting for a few years and was into progressively heavier weights, the SO told me not to get "too muscular" because "it doesn't look good on a woman". Not that there's any danger whatsoever that I will get too visibly muscular :D but I shot that advice down real quick.

Interesting because when I think of being pushed I hear “you can”. As in “you can do another 10 jump squats” or “you can take up XYZ if you want to”. Does that count as pushing? Or is pushing negative only?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Ladies...

Interesting because when I think of being pushed I hear “you can”. As in “you can do another 10 jump squats” or “you can take up XYZ if you want to”. Does that count as pushing? Or is pushing negative only?

I hate when it comes off in a bossy manner...thats when ill do the opposite. Id think it'd have to do with tone, phrasing, and intent.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

I hate when it comes off in a bossy manner...thats when ill do the opposite. Id think it'd have to do with tone, phrasing, and intent.[/quote]

Mmhmm! Okay, I get that!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Ladies: how would/do you feel when know that your partner would prefer that you never wear makeup?

I feel that perhaps he'd be better off with a woman who never wears makeup and not me.

😂...

I don't know if I would say it like that... But I feel the same way as your husband... I mean not that it matters 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    If ladies can say they like beards 🙄...

Then what's wrong with a guy saying he prefers little to no makeup? 🤷🏽‍♂️...

*ducks*
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

*ducks*

oh no
  • ythannah
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Ladies...

I would describe that more as "encouragement" than "pushing", which is very different IMO. More of a cheerleading type thing.

Maybe it's just semantics.
  • ythannah
    Options
    Ladies...

😂...

I don't know if I would say it like that... But I feel the same way as your husband... I mean not that it matters 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think it comes down to what "too muscular" means to you. I sent him pics of what my ideal/goal was and he very sensibly kept his mouth shut. :D But I do think he meant not to end up looking like one of those chemically enhanced Russian body builder women, which is a very silly thing to worry about in my case.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c5zi3txic0mzlhz2kvq8ytli8w3181fiz74vndab&rid=giphy.gif
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

*ducks*

There’s nothing wrong with having preferences or stating those preferences.. but if it turns into dictating someone’s behavior then it’s too much
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options

Yeah....he would have never been attracted to me in the first place most likely. But...I would nothing. I’d wear what I want.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options

*ducks*

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. We all like what we like. I just don’t think it’s right for me to think anyone would change their appearance for my preferences. If I asked him....”what do you actually like better?” and be liked something different than my norm it would be up to me to decide how to proceed from there. If I liked wearing it and he said something to me about wanting me to not.....there would be a problem. Just like a woman who doesn’t like it....can you imagine her guy telling her to wear makeup? Eeeek.