September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @tramboman - you have 3 months to hit that 1.11 mile 😁
    @skippygirlsmom - loved the pictures! Looks like fun running!
    @Teresa502 - that hike looks awesome! I bet that breakfast tasted delicious! I am surprised they only had coffee until 8 and not with/after breakfast. I would need that almost more then food! Such a beautiful sunrise!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Gorgeous pictures!

I'm feeling good today but taking it as a recovery day. I think the desire to run is more of an excitement about the races, than my body actually wanting to run today.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Congrats @shanaber on beating the Blerch!

@skippygirlsmom Love your pics and congrats on the gift card.

@Teresa502 Love your pics! Hubby and I used to hike and backpack quite often in the Smokies, but we haven’t been in a couple of years. I am going to tell him about the hike and lodge.

@polskagirl01 Awesome race, but poor toads!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk It sounds like you are changing your form, even if it doesn't feel like it. I hope it helps. As for starting over again - at least you are STARTING over again and didn't give up. You've got this.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary That looks like an interesting hike. I have a hard time with stairs, so that would have been brutal. Love the pictures though.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

@Teresa502 Love your pics! Hubby and I used to hike and backpack quite often in the Smokies, but we haven’t been in a couple of years. I am going to tell him about the hike and lodge.

The lodge starts accepting reservations for 2021 at 8:00 am on October 1. From what I've heard, the phone stays busy constantly until all cabins for all nights are sold out in a matter of hours. So if you really want to stay next year make a note on your calendar to start calling on Thursday.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Wow, all you girls are killing it with all your races and hikes! Fantastic jobs @shanaber @skippygirlsmom @polskagirl01@Teresa502 @ContraryMaryMary....and probably many others that I missed. You all rock!!!!!!!

4 miles this morning. Mondays always seem to feel the hardest of the week. Today was no different; add to that 24mph winds and gust up to 40, running without a hat due to aforementioned wind, forgetting to apply icy-hot to my legs, and having to wear a shirt for the first time since May, and feeling un-coordinated as hell. All summed up an even worse Monday run. Oh well, less than 3 miles to my 100 mile goal, so happy about that at least.

exercise.png

@Scott6255 DO IT! JUST LESS THAN THREE TO GO! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!

What you described is kind of how I have felt the past two days. Just blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also here in yee haw Arkansas it's supposed to be freaking Fall and IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE FALL

Also did you say you're in Austin? I'm considering coming down there for the Austin Rattler because it's a qualifier for Leadville. When I was on the live stream for Aravaipa Saturday night, I met another Texas person but he does MTB and he's going to the Rattler too. He said it should still for sure be on. I'm not sure about spending the money since I plan to head to Indiana for a hundred miles in December, but maybe?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I totally get about being careful not to resent your brother over that comment. Sometimes my husband will complain about my running, or make some dumb comment, and for a moment I truly hate his guts. I could never admit that anywhere but here though!
    This addiction worries me sometimes. All this situation with my father, when my step-mum called to tell me I immediately thought about trying to get there. When I found out if I enter the UK I would have to 'self-isolate' for 15 days and not leave the house, the first thing I thought was "I can't go 15 days without running, not with all this worry." How terrible is that?
    The thing about the Screaming Bridge is it is literally in the middle of nowhere and when there's traffic going over it you can't hear a thing. So when I use it, I feel sure nobody is going to think I need any kind of help. Hence why it was so annoying to find all the cyclists on the trail on Saturday. On weekdays I have it pretty much to myself, there may be a few other runners or walkers or dog-walkers at one end but I think I'm the only person crazy enough to go that far up it on a work day. Apart from one weird lady who I see up there every time I go, walking along in long baggy pants and sweater, riding boots and a hat that looks like it belonged to Gandalf once. I gave up saying good morning to her now, she never even looks at me.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I need to find a place like that. Sometimes I want to combust.

I have no shame or apologies for my running. I have been addicted to so many things, banging meth being one of them, that anybody who has an issue with me running can go *kitten* themselves. Truly. I have come so far and I am the healthiest I have ever been. I'm in my prime and the best shape of my life and I have learned that I can do anything. So whoever out there can't get behind that isn't worth my time. I will literally not give them the time of day.

As for my brother... I will be the one to do the work to keep that relationship, I think. I'll just have to know and accept that it is okay if he doesn't get it.

As for husbands: puke. One of the reasons I am not engaged anymore is.... well, I think one thing is that my ex fiance was maybe threatened by the running? Or maybe I was too much for him altogether? Or maybe it was the kids... I really don't know, but you can't propose to someone and then never actually get married. My resentment towards him began when he stopped being around for important things and when he said he thought I should stop running or run less because "You might hurt yourself." The idea that I am so fragile that I should quit what I love ...... nah I could never be with somebody like that. That was the eye-opener. We were not the same.

But you are already married, so it might help if you had a conversation. Maybe just say, "hey, this is what I love and it makes me feel xyz when you say xyz..." Not that you're asking for my advice. I plan to never marry again, so probably nobody should ask for my advice, lol.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7.2k slow
    9-2 7.2k easy
    9-3 7.2k moderate
    9-4 7.2k measy (between moderate and easy)
    9-5 7k measy
    9-6 7k easy
    9-7 rest
    9-8 7k marathon pace
    9-9 7k marathon pace
    9-10 7.2k marathon pace
    9-11 7k marathon pace
    9-12 7k marathon pace
    9-13 7k marathon pace
    9-14 rest
    9-15 7k measy
    9-16 7k measy
    9-17 7k easy
    9-18 7k easy
    9-19 7k easy
    9-20 7k easy
    9-21 rest
    9-22 7k measy
    9-23 rest
    9-24 7k easy
    9-25 7k easy
    9-26 7k moderate
    9-27 7k measy
    9-28 rest

September Total: 162k
    September Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k

2020 Total through August: 1408k / 176k per month

Rest day today. Golf instead of torture...

Everybody stay focused and hang tough!!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I'm glad you were able to talk to your dad. Sending you hugs.

@scott6255 Your run report makes me glad today was a rest day. I hate wind.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options

@Scott6255 DO IT! JUST LESS THAN THREE TO GO! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!

What you described is kind of how I have felt the past two days. Just blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also here in yee haw Arkansas it's supposed to be freaking Fall and IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE FALL

Also did you say you're in Austin? I'm considering coming down there for the Austin Rattler because it's a qualifier for Leadville. When I was on the live stream for Aravaipa Saturday night, I met another Texas person but he does MTB and he's going to the Rattler too. He said it should still for sure be on. I'm not sure about spending the money since I plan to head to Indiana for a hundred miles in December, but maybe?

Oh, I'll get my 100 on Wednesday, not to worry :D
    Not in Austin... just north of Dallas.

I can't get over you running over 100 miles (almost 24 hours) last week! That is some crazy beast mode running!!!
    And placing just behind a professionally sponsored runner is simple amazing!