Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    So i pretty much stopped monitoring my weight in early May. At that time I weighed 232 pounds. By the end of August I weighed 247 and I was not happy. I am now back down at 239 and working towards my goals again.
    Sep. 7: 244
    Sep. 14: 242
    Sep. 21: 239
    Logging my food and my weight again - I know this is what it takes to keep losing but sometimes I think "I've got this" and I stop logging...
  • celticck77
    It has been about 15 years since I went to work for 'office' hours. It's kind of nice. Got up, worked out, showered, had breakfast, made lunch and the off to work with lots of energy... Hmmmm decisions decisions...
    I am driving people a little crazy because I have a ton of energy. I like this - I do not like being tired so much and not having extra energy.
    9 Days logging
  • celticck77
    Morning all. Not sure if people are still reading this post or not. Hope people are still working on their goals and doing well.

This weeks weight in
    Sep. 28: 237

Still moving in the right direction. 5 more to get to where I was and 7 more to my next goal. I do 10 lb goals with a current overall goal of 200lbs
    My goal after that will be 180 then maybe 160. But that will depend on how I feel at each weight.
    Ultimately I would like to land between 160 and 170.
    Anyone else have a similar goal system?
  • celticck77 wrote: »
    Morning all. Not sure if people are still reading this post or not. Hope people are still working on their goals and doing well.

This weeks weight in

Still moving in the right direction. 5 more to get to where I was and 7 more to my next goal. I do 10 lb goals with a current overall goal of 200lbs
    My goal after that will be 180 then maybe 160. But that will depend on how I feel at each weight.

I do something similar, but as I have a two to three pound swing between morning and night, I first go for:

Weigh new low weight in the morning...
    and then weigh new low weight at night...

And I sort of mentally celebrate getting to and then breaking through the fives and tens, (255, then 250, etc.)

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hope it's ok to jump in here.

I'm Rozeena, 27, married and from England. Over 200lbs and started over again about a month ago. I weigh in daily mostly. Previously have lost 28+lbs so I know I can do it!
  • Hi, Rozeena! I weigh daily too. That way it's not a big deal and I can see how my body ebbs and flows. This is really a great group of people and I get a lot of encouragement and support from them.
  • celticck77
    roz0810 wrote: »

I'm Rozeena, 27, married and from England. Over 200lbs and started over again about a month ago. I weigh in daily mostly. Previously have lost 28+lbs so I know I can do it!

It is totally okay! Welcome! I weight most days but I track my weight Sundays. I just started over again this month.
  • roz0810
    Hi, Rozeena! I weigh daily too. That way it's not a big deal and I can see how my body ebbs and flows. This is really a great group of people and I get a lot of encouragement and support from them.

Thank you very much :) Yes I find everyday helps me track it better rather than once a week.
  • roz0810
    celticck77 wrote: »

It is totally okay! Welcome! I weight most days but I track my weight Sundays. I just started over again this month.

Thank you so much :)
  • celticck77

This weeks weight in

I do something similar, but as I have a two to three pound swing between morning and night, I first go for:

And I sort of mentally celebrate getting to and then breaking through the fives and tens, (255, then 250, etc.)

I noticed I weigh less in the morning so that is when I weigh myself. I try to stay away from the scale in the afternoon - I have weighed and was not happy so I stick to mornings whenever possible.
  • roz0810

This weeks weight in

I noticed I weigh less in the morning so that is when I weigh myself. I try to stay away from the scale in the afternoon - I have weighed and was not happy so I stick to mornings whenever possible.

I always weigh myself in the morning, first thing. I think it's more accurate then :)
  • celticck77
    Today is day 16 of my logging streak! Pretty proud of myself. last time I hit a 21 day streak so I aim to not just surpass that but go way beyond it. I get we might miss a log day here and there but for at least the next 4 months I am going to try to remember to log every day.
    If life gets back to normal enough I will be in Hawaii in 4 months so I will try to log but my plan is to rent a motorcycle and ride around exploring.
    I am noticing my biggest issue right now - and has been an issue in the past is I do not get enough calories. I have to actively find things to add to get close to 1200. Somedays I go over but I am trying to get all of the nutrients to stay green to so it seriously limits the things you can add in.
    Hope everyone is doing okay today.
  • roz0810
    Today is day 16 of my logging streak! Pretty proud of myself. last time I hit a 21 day streak so I aim to not just surpass that but go way beyond it. I get we might miss a log day here and there but for at least the next 4 months I am going to try to remember to log every day.
    If life gets back to normal enough I will be in Hawaii in 4 months so I will try to log but my plan is to rent a motorcycle and ride around exploring.
    I am noticing my biggest issue right now - and has been an issue in the past is I do not get enough calories. I have to actively find things to add to get close to 1200. Somedays I go over but I am trying to get all of the nutrients to stay green to so it seriously limits the things you can add in.

Well done on your streak! When I use to do OMAD i would add things like yogurt, mayo, cheese etc to add to my calories. or make sure I add the cooking oil from foods. All good here. Day 28 streak for me.
  • celticck77

Well done on your streak! When I use to do OMAD i would add things like yogurt, mayo, cheese etc to add to my calories. or make sure I add the cooking oil from foods. All good here. Day 28 streak for me.

I am carful to add all of the things I put in my food also. Even some medications have calories. But I do not tend to add things to me food other than herbs and spices so most of the time I am good.
  • roz0810

I am carful to add all of the things I put in my food also. Even some medications have calories. But I do not tend to add things to me food other than herbs and spices so most of the time I am good.

That's good. I use to love OMAD. Worked really well for me but I'm currently on Slimfast for the past few weeks. My doctor has recommended me for Weight Watchers so I will be doing that but doing IF again.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Sep 01: 231
    Sep 08: 232
    Sep 15: 231
    Sep 22: 235
    Sep 29: 235
  • roz0810
    09/24 250.2 new scales too
    09/25 248
    09/26 247.4
    09/27 247
    09/28 247.8 started TOM
    09/29 247.4
    09/30 247.8
    10/01 246.6

Going in the right direction :)
  • celticck77
    I was very tired yesterday and am feeling the same today. I think my body needed rest - plus I rode my motorcycle to work in the rain and it was not fun. Okay that isn't totally true it was a little fun. I was not wearing the right gear so that took some of the fun. I did get to go for a nice ride after work because it was beautiful out.
    Was pretty much on track for calories. I did notice my scale going up this week not sure why but I will figure it out - might be that I am not sleeping well - or getting much sleep and we need that for our bodies to recover.
  • So I keep yo yoing. I did have a few more calories last night 2100. I wasn't thinking of the day it was. I try to think of it as I can't undo what I've worked for this week, so the two days prior to weigh days I'm usually good. This week has been hard for the snacky snacks. I did lose this month not much but I'm okay. I didn't record on the weekend which is not like me either. I feel like I'm in a rut. I am determined to get under 180 that is where I always plateau. So cheers holding up a glass of water 💦. I have been getting lots of sleep. Super thankful for this group. I am going on one last camping trip to Bonachure. I will be late on recording either Fri or Sat morn. So anyone up in Canada? Ontario? I need more outside motivation.
    Weigh day Thursday
    Start weight 210
    Lw 180.5
    Cw 183
    Ltd 27
    I haven't been here for a couple of weeks I go between just two groups. The last message was for the other group. Lol but I pretty much say the same thing. The other group we just log in our weights and it's a contest with 6 other groups. It's fun lots of work. One more trip of camping coming up.
  • celticck77
    Good morning all. I finally got my truck back so no more riding in the rain. It really wasn't too bad if I was on my way home but getting soaked on my way to work wasn't fun.
    This weekend wasn't great for me. I actually didn't eat too bad - the problem is I didn't really eat a lot. Yesterday was the anniversary of my Mom passing - I couldn't even tell you what I ate, certainly did not log anything as I stayed away from my computer and phone as much as I could.

Total Sep loss: 7 lbs (Sep Finished weight 237)
    Oct. 5: 236

I am pretty happy with how September went but I could have done better. Here is to a better outcome to October.
    Hope everyone is doing well.