October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Options

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this one. I'm trying for 20 miles. I'm a new runner so I'm starting small. I've already done 2 miles since the 1st. I'll be going tomorrow. I'm hoping to hit a little over 2 miles.

Welcome!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 the toe is ok, thanks for asking. I think it will probably end up coming off, it doesn't look like it's really attached underneath and there's a big hole under it but at least it isn't leaking or anything any more. I'm still slathering some antibiotic cream on at night more as a preventative measure than anything else. I remember the agony of the infection when it was ingrown in my teens that eventually led to it being removed and the roots at the sides killed... I will do ANYTHING to avoid that pain again. Seriously. I would rather give birth to another 9lb baby.
    Glad the running with another experience wasn't too bad. I always run alone too, and though sometimes I think I would like someone to run with, it's my me-time and my therapy.
    If you would like a nap, I would suggest you listen to your body and take a nap. You do so much, you might benefit from giving yourself permission to be 'lazy' every now and then?

I've lost track of when and what I've posted. My body is still recovering from Saturday's virtual race. I really did push myself hard, and I'm feeling it. I should probably follow my own advice and take some real rest, but mentally I just can't at the moment. The situation with my father has be anxious and uneasy and keeping active is the way I'm coping. They're not operating until the 28th, and we won't know how bad it is or what else they're going to do until after that. He's home to wait, and not coping well at all. He goes from almost normal sounding, to scared, to gloomy and sure he's going to die, to confused and not understanding things, all within a 3 or 4 minute conversation. So hard not to be there. Even harder when we've never really been good at talking to each other.
    Yeah, tomorrow ought to be a rest day, not gonna happen.

Hugs. Understand the mental need for a run as much as physical. Just take it slow if you go and try not to injure yourself. Thinking of you x
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Faebert Thanks. I knew that your surgery was bad, but didn't realize they had to do all of that. I like that you are finding your "new best." Great attitude. I'll keep that in mind as I go forward.

@eleanorhawkins Hugs! I know how hard that must be to not be there for your dad and waiting is the worst! I hope everything turns out okay.

Great run @rheddmobile . That's one of the snakes I'm not afraid of. There aren't many. LOL
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    10/01/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 2.1
    10/02/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 3.9
    10/03/20 :::: 5.01 :::: 8.9
    10/04/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 12.0
    10/05/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 15.5

I don't know if I posted yesterday or not, but I was just realizing I was off a day on my cumulative tracker. Today I ran after work and skipped going to strength training. I will probably be cutting everything back this week and next until I get through this work deadline. Apologies for not keeping up very well, but I certainly always at least read through and see what you all are up to whenever I can.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    @shanaber yes, we have had varying levels and design so of braces and kt tape over the years. I actually was utilizing both on Friday and Saturday after that brutal therapy appointment... therapist did the kt tape, I put a brace over it since I was still gimping.... one of the more amazing taping applications I went thru was one of the least support based.... but she cut it into like fingers somehow, and spiraled them,,,and it looked totally dumb... but it did a good enough job relieving swelling, there was a noticeable difference between where the fingers were and where they weren’t ... taping is one of those totally voodoo things, but as best I can tell it is voodoo that works.

Oh yep. The fingers thing. I used it after that time I crashed my bike to help with the bruising. Worked like a charm. Similar technique to the one demonstrated here.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    ETA My next run isn't for 3 days. So happy to see if it settles in the meantime.
    Perfect. Wait the full 3 days! Of course you'll find out for sure as you go through it, but I am guessing it is all part of normal healing. "Trust the process."
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm in! I signed up for a tough mudder challenge and this one is 81 miles of distance. That's 130k. I haven't been running at all. So not all of it will be running, but I'd like a good chunk to be. So I"m going to go for a goal of 50k of running for this month! I'll be going out for my first run later today.
    Good luck to everyone! Excited to join and and see how we all do!

Welcome!!