NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I’m sorry that you are still feeling bad. Your eye sounds like you might have a sty and definitely need some meds. That must have been super frustrating trying to make a simple mask. When COVID first hit I tried to make my own DIY no-sew using an old T-Shirt. Yeah, that didn’t work out very well. I ordered masks from Shark vacuum of all places because they have a nose guard that is supposed to help with fogging glasses, and they come in large sizes. It’s the only one that my DH likes to wear. I can’t stand it or any of the mask that has polyester because I feel like I’m suffocating. I just stick with a thin cotton one when I’m forced to wear one. :/

@mswatson0777 The podcast that I really like for a variety of health topics is The Melanie Avalon Biohacking podcast and the one she does with Gin Stephens called The Intermittent Fasting Podcast. For Dr. Ted Neiman I just entered his name in the search and am hunting him down on lots of podcasts. He also has several YouTube videos that I plan on checking out. I figure that will save me money so I don’t have to buy his book. :grin:

@cbabie Our allergies are bad here as well. I don’t want to take my DH anywhere because I know people look at him like he has COVID. :o

Hi everyone! Well, this hasn’t been a very good day. I went to get that root canal done and the doctor told me that my tooth was so severely cracked that it has to be pulled. So, I gave him $450 and now I have to go to someone else tomorrow for an extraction and give him a bunch of money. Then I have to decide if it’s worth it to me to get an implant or just live with a hole in my head. This is NOT how I wanted to spend my week. I did take my super numb mouth up to the grocery store since I know I won’t feel like going tomorrow. Anyway, it is what it is. I’m going to go drink some coffee now that my mouth can feel again. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld. I got 100%. Goodness you are having problems right now. think of the upside....you have a working bathroom. I've been working on my gratitude journal each day, can you tell? ;)

@mswatson0777. So make that your goal this week. Eat slowly. I love Renaissance Festivals. Sounds like so much fun. they should make a system where your emails already come sorted priority wise. Like from key words that you enter ahead of time. How many of those 100 emails were really important? Now you can see I'm working on streamlining. lol.

@cbabie. The flu shot may have worked for me. I got sick a month later but looking backwards now, I think it's possible I had corona. I had all the symptoms for three weeks. Or just a strain of flu that was really bad. When they mentioned peanut brittle I immediately thought of you and mom. And PB fudge. Yuck on both. I know, more for you.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020. Sorry about the teeth. Right now I'm living with two holes in my mouth. I kept procrastinating because of the money and the kids in college. Now they are done and then covid hit. I've just learned to eat nuts and stuff around those holes. lol. How's the carb cycling coming along?

Red Day. 89/100. Intentional Movement: 36 min Youtube. 11 min walking

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 275 calories o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hi all! I thought I'd update everyone at once as opposed to what I did yesterday lol! I did a teladoc appointment yesterday morning before work started and he thinks the bump in my eyelid is from allergies so he prescribed me antibiotic eyedrops. I forgot to ask him about how I was feeling in general (go figure) but I figure if my eye is suffering from allergies, the rest of my body is also likely suffering so I got some allergy medicine and tried that. I felt somewhat better, I think I'm going to need to take it for a few days before I feel much better though. I, too, am glad it isn't COVID. That's the last thing I would need!

@mswatson0777 I'm glad your dinner was fun. It sounds amazing! 100 unread emails...ugh that makes me anxious just thinking about it. I hope your week goes better than anticipated.

@cbabie Sorry your allergies were that bad, I get it though. After work yesterday, I laid on the couch for most of the day. Yeah I aim for progress, not perfection when it comes to food tracking! :)

@TeresaW1020 It was super frustrating trying to make that mask lol. But I keep buying them, ordering them online and they all are too tight on my face and I feel like I'm smothering. I think I have finally got it down and have made the perfect one! :) Now, to repeat. That's good you found one you guys like. The ones I made are thin 100% cotton. Some people put filters in and triple the layers but NOOOO, not me, that will just make it harder to breathe. I make it as thin as possible. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your tooth. That stinks. I have 2 implants. I really like them, it's like having a real tooth. They are expensive though.

@theslightedgeforever That's great! I got about 40%. I have a mostly working bathroom: they still haven't come to put the lights back in grrrrrrrh. That's great you are working on your gratitude journal. I've heard those are really good to do.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 4-Oct 10:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie Allergies are the worst! So sorry they're hitting you hard right now

@trooworld Wow! Allergies are hitting you hard too, holy buckets! I hope the medication helps all your symptoms and not just your eye

@theslightedgeforever If you figure out a way to prioritize emails like that in a way that works you would be the richest woman in the world! There used to be a feature like that on my old email and I used it, until I found out it automatically routed my boss's emails to the "not urgent" folder.

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your tooth! Is it a visable one or can you get away with not having to buy the implant? And I'm with you on using free materials over paying for stuff if I can. Podcasts are a lifesaver for that!

I stepped on the scale and I'm definitely at the upper edge of my range. I'm not the highest I've ever been...but it's not good. This past weekend I purged the house of all the junk and I'm keeping it that way. I guess the bright side of COVID is we have no family events and aren't traveling so I can make my own healthier food and maybe actually lose weight this holiday season. I miss my clothes fitting comfortably and with COVID I don't want to go out shopping, so I guess my option is to get on it and lose the weight!

In other news, I got the flu shot yesterday and absolutely got a low grade fever from it so that's fun... I've never had that side effect before, but I'm guessing it's because I've been so stressed my immune system is pretty garbage right now.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I am feeling better, thank goodness. I took baby girl for a walk. I am trying to figure out how to use my blaze on this walk. I have the feature, but it wants to hook up to my phone and it one time for 5 sec. I really need a new one, but until this one actually dies...LOL. I am learning to like toe walks vs the treadmill. I think the TM should be for hot, rainy, muggy, cold days. LOL. I am wanting to get in more protein as I know that is my issue. I have always felt better on the high protein foods.

@TeresaW1020 I am sorry to hear about your tooth. I have 2 of those I am babying. I have a great dentist and he wants 1500 to "fix" it. They are in the back of my mouth...so I am trying to wait it out. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry you are sick. I hate being sick, but I am sure glad no COVID for you!!. I am with you on the mask..I hate them. I wear glasses, so I go out very little. LOL. My grandchildren works with the public and has to wear them all day long. They all 3 work for a big grocery chain. So I won't complain. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yea I was sick back in Dec of 2019, couldn't get rid of it.. I had just started my wonderful Job I just quit. LOL. It was like 3 weeks.

@mswatson0777 I think you and I would be good neighbors....we think alot alike. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. glad it wasn't covid. Have you thought about just adding elastic straps to your mask? that way they can be adjusted as needed. Don't make the mask too thin or corona will come knocking. lol I got 75%. What exercise have you done this week?

@mswatson0777. boy all of us seem to have a little something off about our bodies right now. I'm sure it's just the stress of life that doesn't help. I noticed some bumps/lumps that are painful to the touch over my eyebrow and then a while ago at the base of my neck and now close to my ear. Maybe stress knots. All on the left side. So I'll just keep a watch on those. I did do a guided meditation today for two minutes and then found myself half way through thinking about cobra kai. Caught myself and went back to focusing. I thought sheesh I can't even do two minutes. Oh well, I guess it's a learned skill.

@cbabie. What are you trying to do on the Blaze? Today I wasn't liking my Versa too much. I was lifting weights and by bending my wrist with the weight gloves on, I kept hitting the pause button and didn't know it. So I would be so mad when I wasn't getting credit for all my zone minutes plus burned calories. Luckily it only happened twice but ended up being 12 min out of the 30. But with the data I had, I had to guesstimate before and after heart rate/calories so I could come up with my numbers.

Yellow Day: Stayed OP. 151/164. Intentional Movement: 44 min strength training and Youtube video. 11 min walking

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 275 calories o:) Preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    edited October 2020
    @mswatson0777 The medications have helped tremendously. I feel about 80% better! Thanks. Yeah, now's a perfect time to work on health issues before social commitments come back in full force!

@cbabie I am feeling a lot better thanks to Allegra-D (I sound like a commercial lol!). I also wear glasses, so my glasses tend to fog at times, too. :( When I go to my job, I have to wear a mask all day long even when nobody is around! If I were to get caught not wearing one, I would be in serious trouble (they do random checks).

@theslightedgeforever I do have the kind of masks with elastic straps. The problem is that my head is too bulbous lol. It stretches the elastic too much and the mask smashes against my face and smashes my nose. So, I made some masks that fit properly (I finally got it down). Oh, mine aren't too thin, they are double-layered 100% cotton. I have walked my dog, that's it! How was your water? Mine stunk: 25%.

Hello all! I'm feeling much, much better thanks to Allegra-D. It's kind of expensive but it works well. I got an email yesterday from Amazon saying that my request to buy an Amazon Halo in early access was approved. If you haven't heard about it, it's their new fitness tracker. It's going to sell for $99 when it comes out but I got it for $64.99 in early access. It has a lot of cool features, some that FitBit doesn't have. It's coming tomorrow and I can't wait!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 4-Oct 10:

m3lh9a456cfi.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever The carb cycling is going fairly well. I’m working on when I break my fast to have something that is low carb and high protein and then with dinners, I’m just mixing it up. Some days are super low carb and other days being super high carbs. Most days it falls somewhere in the middle. :)

@trooworld I am glad that it just seems to be allergies that are causing you to feel bad. Not that having allergies is something to celebrate about! I can’t wait for my DH to get over whatever is making him sound like he is hacking up a fur ball every morning. :D

@mswatson0777 Good job on getting the junk food out of the house. I agree that these days we do have much more control over what we eat, which really hinders all the good excuses we used to be able to use. ;) That is good that you got your flu shot. We are all going to get ours next week.

@cbabie Glad, you are feeling better. I am with you on needing to get in more protein. I bought some non-fat Greek Fage yogurt and chocolate peanut butter powder to mix in it. High protein and very tasty. :)

Good morning! I survived my tooth being pulled. The oral surgeon was able to get it out pretty easily and we talked about options. I’m most likely not going to do an implant or bridge. It’s not visible and I am sure that I can manage to eat just fine. Heck, it might even help me slow down my eating. :D I feel good but plan to take it easy today and skip workout and church tonight. I do plan to get into my closet and organize my clothes. It’s time to purge things that don’t fit me anymore. :grin:
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie I would love to be your neighbor, I agree completely! I'm definitely with you that walking outdoors is so much better than the dreadmill (not a typo lol). Winter is going to be tough because I'm going to miss my daily puppy walks.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad it's not a visible tooth so you can go without, dental work is so expensive even with insurance! I'm planning on doing a big closet sweep later this month, I'm sad to see the summer clothes go.

@trooworld let me know how you like the Halo! I debated it but the subscription fee scared me away.

@theslightedgeforever I'm with you on meditation. I've been trying for years but my brain does not turn off. Honestly brazilian jiu jitsu is the closest I get to meditation because I have to only focus on one thing or I get thrown in a leglock! Sorry to hear about the bumps. Do you have a doctors visit coming up to make sure everything's okay?

Happy Wednesday all! This week has been going by so slowly. Tonight is the first night this week that I don't have any after work obligations so I'm looking forward to just vegging out on the couch like a zombie (this is how you know the burnout struggle is real). I did do a workout this morning and will take the dogs for a walk so I'm not being a complete couch potato, but the exhaustion struggle is real. I do feel a lot better this morning, I think the side effects from the vaccine are finally going away.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Hey there! I'm excited to find this because I was doing WW for a few years and loved the meetings and the connect app, but ultimately couldn't deal with some other aspects.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited October 2020
    Strangest thing happened today. My old computer started working again. I just had this small voice say turn it on. Now I don't have to go buy a new computer. But after about 3 weeks of working on a Mac, when I went back to my computer I was like how does this thing work.

@trooworld I got 100% today. Allegra-D :D My son's job is the same, he has to wear it all the time. Now that I think about it, all my kids have to wear it. One is in the OR, one is around old people. Bulbous :D You are making me laugh today. Add longer elastic. Let us know about the Halo. Anything new and fun to get us up and moving.

@teresaw1020 Great job on having clothes that don't fit anymore. Just keep up your good work. Yaay on your tooth. My empty sockets don't show either. My gums have become immune to eating pointy Doritos.

@mswatson0777 When I saw your response to cbabie, I was singing "Won't you be my neighbor" How about mall walking in the winter? Right now they are only doing video doc calls. How can you feel my bumps over a screen. Hubby says it's stress and tightened knots there and I just need a good massage. He pushes too hard and hurts. He loves deep tissue massages. He says, it's supposed to hurt. Why pay someone to hurt you I always ask. So I'm trying to massage it myself. I wonder if a foam roller would work.

@midsummer174627 Welcome to the group! I hope we can give you the support you need and and in return you help us stay on the straight path. What are your goals for October?

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 156/164 Intentional movement: 43 min walking

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 275 calories o:) Preplan food :(

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    @midsummer174627 Welcome to the group! I hope we can give you the support you need and and in return you help us stay on the straight path. What are your goals for October?

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 156/164 Intentional movement: 43 min walking

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water o:) Burn 275 calories o:) Preplan food :(

[/quote]
    Hm goals for October...I guess losing 2 pounds total would be nice! And tracking most of the days.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hey everyone. I hope it's ok to jump in and join you all. I'm Roz, 27, married from England.
    I've been recommended WW for 4 months from my doctor and started this week. I'm on green plan 💚 I have my first workshop today! Looking forward to it. I have been on MFP for years and love it so want to continue both.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah, I'm glad too! Your poor husband! I'm glad you are okay after getting your tooth pulled. How fun to purge the closet!

@mswatson0777 I'll let you know. Yeah, the subscription is kind of a bummer but you don't have to pay it you just get more features if you do. I hope you enjoy the couch time. Sorry you suffered from the vaccine.

@midsummer174627 HI and welcome! I'm still on WW, I'm on the green plan, although most of the other people on this board are on their own eating plan. I'm glad you stopped by, come back!

@theslightedgeforever hahahaha! That is strange. That's wonderful that you got 100%. I only got about 50%. I did add longer elastic, that's why it is perfect for me now. Yeah, I think the Halo might shake up my routine a bit.

@roz0810 Of course it's okay, welcome, Roz, I'm glad you stopped by! I'm also on the green plan. I love it! WW is the only thing that has ever truly worked for me. Please stop back by and chat with us!

Hello everyone! It's nice to see some new faces. I hope you all come back and say hello! ;) I'm off today and tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about that. I've got a lot of things to take care of. For one, I have to finish putting up my Halloween decorations! Have a great day, everyone, and remember to drink a glass of water, you!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 4-Oct 10:
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you very much ❤️
  • mswatson0777
    Welcome @midsummer174627 and @roz0810 !

@theslightedgeforever I LOVE foam rolling, but fair warning it does hurt a bit. But it truly gets the job done and since you're doing it to yourself you can control the pressure. Also, I'm deeply impressed your computer is back up and running again! I'd definitely back up EVERYTHING in case it crashes again (but you probably already did that!).

@trooworld Have fun putting up Halloween decorations! I'm buying pumpkins this weekend and I'm so excited! I feel so relaxed after chilling on the couch last night. It was fun to veg out (although I also planned out my grad school goals for the fall term so it wasn't entirely a waste of time).

Happy Thursday All! I feel entirely back to normal today which I am so grateful for. I was starting to get a little paranoid my flu shot side effects was going to turn into COVID!

Last night I created a plan for the months ahead. It's going to be A LOT of work, but I'm feeling very confident I can get it done. COVID definitely helps since I'll have a ton of time around the holidays with nothing to do but write my dissertation. I'm also going to come up with fun surprises and presents to myself as long as I stay on track, both with grad school and with my health goals. I've been feeling so much better this week with my eating so I'm looking forward to continuing that trend!

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi All! Man has my life been busy. Haven’t stopped. Just a quick check in I decided to cancel my WW membership as my schedule has been a bit booked. Definitely will be using MFP more now that I don’t have WW. I’m planning on taking a small staycation soon. I’m also looking to update my fitness tracker from a Fitbit to a either a Garmin Fenix 6s Sapphire or an Apple Watch Series 6. I have an iPhone and have had an Apple Watch before but I can’t decide between the 2. Any suggestions on which one is better than the other?
    Hope everyone else is doing well!

~ Missy
  • TeresaW1020
    @midsummer174627 and @roz0810 Welcome!! Just jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

@mswatson0777 That is great that you have a plan for your very busy life and especially that you have plans to treat yourself. That is VERY important!! <3

@gemworlf110 Hey good to see you popping in! I vote for the Apple Watch! I don’t have one but I have been dropping hints to my DH for a possible awesome Christmas gift that he could give me. :grin;

@theslightedgeforever that is great that your computer is working! Our dishwasher died yesterday, and we tried it again tonight but nope…it’s dead! And it will be 10 days before the repairman can come. It’s like living in the dark ages!! :o

@trooworld Enjoy your time off and your Halloween decorating! >:):p

Hey everyone! Well, today was busy as usual. I went to staff meeting and then out to lunch with them. I wouldn’t have gone but my associate pastor’s wife and three-year-old son came and I just can’t resist them! <3 Plus, she is helping me co-host the staff Christmas party and we had to talk details. Tomorrow DH and I are going to spend the day in Atlanta doing some shopping. We really want a recliner to replace the chair we have. I also want to hit a couple of shoe stores so I can find a new pair of pumps for my nephew’s wedding in February. It’s never too soon to shoe shop!! :D I am going to yet again tweak my diet and fasting schedule starting next week. The gist of it is that it will consist of one full day of fasting, followed by three days of 22 to 24 hours, and two days of two full meals. I will keep it low carb on the longer fasting days and higher carb on the eating days. This alternate day fasting approach has had really good results for lots of people. So, I will give it a try!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon all, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. It was just one of those days. I will say that baby girl had me walking and walking and walking, even at 8:30 last night. She just loves going in her stroller and car. Who am I to complain someone making me move my body LOL. I have been mopping and cleaning all day. I think I got my workout in today. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes those stress knots hurt when you massage them out. If you don't make it hurt, they stay...just sayin....I hope that is all it is. Funny how that comp worked again...now since it is...which do you think you like more? I know Windows..LOL. I was trying to track my outdoors walking on the Blaze..it won't connect to phone, but not sure now that I am looking in the daylight that I need it to. I am going to try again on the next walk.

@trooworld I love the way you and slightedge keep track of each other. LOL. I am so glad you are feeling better. I think I am more excited that you got the mask making thing down. How cool.

@gemwolf110 So glad you popped in! I like seeing all my friends in here.

@mswatson0777 LOL I swear I don't wear a red sweater and tie. :). Glad you are feeling better and the side effects didn't linger. Sounds like you have your remaining year planned. LOL

@roz0810 Welcome aboard!!! I love new faces.

@midsummer174627 Welcome aboard! LOL tracking is always one of my goals.. ( I never meet it) LOL. I was in WW for a long time and reached goal and that was about 10 years ago. Funny thing is I am only 1 or 2 lbs over my goal and at this age...I swear it all turned all to fat only in my middle. I think I am the oldest on the board, but maybe not. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Oh my DH doesn't think I could ever need another pair of shoes..and you know now that I don't go out as much...maybe not...NO way..LOL. I love greek yogurt. Glad your tooth came out easier than you thought. I hate teeth issues...

Cbabie