Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Height-ism?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    durhammfp wrote: »
    I think it's actually good to know up front if someone is that shallow...it saves everyone from wasting their time.

So true. Just swipe past all those folks.

I was married before online dating became the big thing it it now. Do people not meet through friends, at parties, through shared hobbies/interests any longer?

Not in the age of COVID.

And even before COVID, I live in rural Appalachia. Single women my age are generally pillbillies, Pentecostal, or otherwise tragic in some way.

Dating during Covid19 hasn't been that bad. When I put on my mask, I go from a 4 to a solid 6... lol

Mine will have to read... must be able to deal with a slightly neurotic, always moving, never missed a gym date, routines, mad man..... so, a Pentecostal might fit the bill... lol

I used to live in an area with a lot of Pentecostal woman and I went to a gym where many of them were members. Talk about consistency! They lifted pretty heavy too. They were lifting in ankle-length skirts, but they were there rain or shine. I would be over in the corner with my baby weights while they took care of business.

Long dress and deadlifts... hmmmm...🥰
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    When a man keeps his eye on what matters most, everything is possible for him. The world needs more men like you. ^^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    IMO, whatever a person prefers is what they prefer. If you don't fit that criteria, then why care? Isn't the idea of online dating finding the person that actually fits YOUR PREFERENCE anyway? Personally for me, I've stayed within or very close to my race because I've just seen too many issues with couples of different cultural backgrounds clash. I say this anecdotally of course, but over the years many of my clients open up to me about their relationships and the ones that were biracial couple seemed to have the most conflicts when it came to certain cultural values. Not saying that people shouldn't date outside of their race or culture, but for me, the less I have to worry about the better. Relationships are hard enough as it is with just trying to figure each other out emotionally.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Setting aside the issue of whether it is right or wrong to have certain preferences, the truth is that you're just wasting someone's time if you don't exercise pre-screening based on the factors you KNOW you want in a mate. And you're wasting your own time. I can have the stupidest, pettiest, most shallow, or bigoted expectations possible (this is not directed at any preferences expressed by people in this thread) but it doesn't matter because they're my preferences.

We can argue that I'm morally incorrect or have poor taste or don't truly understand what makes a relationship work or that I'm shallow, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to be with who I want to be with. Anyone who falls outside my criteria is likely just going to waste their time if they try to make me change my mind by dating me.

Short guys should be grateful that these women are upfront about what they want. They don't have to be grateful that so many women are writing them off, but they should be grateful that at least it's out in the open and they're not having to waste their time going on first dates with women who just won't be into them. Let's say a guy only wanted to date women with large breasts. I don't have to be grateful for the general social agreement that larger breasts are more desirable than small ones, but I would be grateful not to have my time wasted by dating someone who wasn't going to be truly attracted to me.

Exactly.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    durhammfp wrote: »
    I think it's actually good to know up front if someone is that shallow...it saves everyone from wasting their time.

So true. Just swipe past all those folks.

I was married before online dating became the big thing it it now. Do people not meet through friends, at parties, through shared hobbies/interests any longer?

Not in the age of COVID.

And even before COVID, I live in rural Appalachia. Single women my age are generally pillbillies, Pentecostal, or otherwise tragic in some way.

Surprised with this outlook you don't have women beating down your door to date you.

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I'm referring to single women around my age in my rural area. So it's not really an outlook so much as an observation.

Lol, maybe you need to move. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Diatonic12
    #1 Men and women can sense neediness a mile away

#2 Work on your confidence and that comes from putting yourself out there. Consistently. Consistently. Consistently.

#3 It cannot be overstated. Be yourself.

"If "manners maketh man" as someone said
    He's the hero of the day
    It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
    Be yourself no matter what they say

I don't take coffee, I take tea, my dear
    I like my toast done on one side
    And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
    I'm an Englishman in New York

See me walking down Fifth Avenue
    A walking cane here at my side
    I take it everywhere I walk
    I'm an Englishman in New York"

STING

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. If a man wants to meet a woman you've simply got to quit writing long lists of the attributes you'd like or positive confessions or using apps out of fear and desperation or talking about it.

Take ACTION.

Oooo, Desperado

Desperado
    Why don't you come to your senses?
    You've been out ridin' fences for so long now
    Oh, you're a hard one
    I know that you got your reasons
    These things that are pleasin' you
    Will hurt you somehow

Pick yourself UP and dust yourself off. So you're up for your first rodeo. Take the bull by the horns.
    You better get on this bull and ride. Wring everything you can out of this life. Be kind. Stay sweet.
    The girls will love you but you've got to put yourself out there.

5w3klm9bgu3c.png

• Diatonic12
    When are you going to meet someone?
    When you're ready to meet someone.

Fear is holding you back.