Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

1 food you don't eat

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,779 Member Member Posts: 5,779 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Bone-in meat

SAME! I won't eat any meat with the bone in it.

I don't even eat meat, but I am curious about those that refuse to eat 'meat w/the bone'. Why is this?

I consume very limited quantities of meat to begin with, only having chicken/turkey breast, tuna in water, shrimp, or salmon every so often, but I have a personal distaste for bone-in meat ---- there's no reason for my deterrence other than the simple and seemingly silly reason that it "just bothers me". I drink bone broth -- so it's not the bone in and of itself that appalls me.

I wish I had a legitimate reason for not liking bone-in meat, but I can only trace it back to my childlike preferences. When I was a young child and had the rare chicken wing or drumstick, I remember only taking a few bites off the exterior and leaving at least a few inches of flesh surrounding the bone because I knew the bone was underneath it all and didn't want to get to close to it.

Mom and Dad used to get a bit frustrated with me for being so picky and wasting the edible meat that was plenty far from the bone. Perhaps for that reason, they'd tilt their head a bit and really ponder their answer when I'd ask if we could get those "wing zings" from the poultry market. :p

WOW we are so similar!! I always got yelled at for wasting all the meat on chicken wings as a kid. That is EXACTLY what I did too. I also don't eat much meat. Most days the only meat I have is 1-2 slices sandwich turkey. Chicken maybe once every few weeks.

@VegjoyP I don't eat much of it so it would be easy to cut out, but every now and then I really enjoy chicken nuggets or chicken on the grill.
  • AthijadeAthijade Member Posts: 2,241 Member Member Posts: 2,241 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Liver 🤢

I am an odd one. I love chicken liver pate and liverwurst. My favorite sandwich growing up was liverwurst and miracle whip on white bread. My mom would add onions to her's but I wasn't much of a fan of that.

However, I HATE beef liver and chicken livers when they are not in a pate. My ex's mom made a chicken liver casserole with wild rice. I thought I would love it but the first time I had it I could not stand biting into that mushy chicken liver. I guess as a pate I expect that texture but otherwise I don't really like it.
  • owieproneowieprone Member Posts: 185 Member Member Posts: 185 Member
    Tomato filth.
  • phoenixrb35phoenixrb35 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    Aimeesdiet wrote: »
    Mushrooms, I hate the texture

Mushrooms remind me of snails, which I use to eat all the time as a kid but not so much of as I got older.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,656 Member Member Posts: 4,656 Member
    random, but croutons.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,779 Member Member Posts: 5,779 Member
    random, but croutons.

Me too! I don't like any toppings on my salad. Stale, hard bread doesn't add anything besides calories. If I want bread with my salad I'd rather have a nice slice on the side.
  • Lefty1290Lefty1290 Member Posts: 551 Member Member Posts: 551 Member
    Onions, unless they are finely-grated in something, or extremely soft. I will use onion powder, though.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,656 Member Member Posts: 4,656 Member
    random, but croutons.

Me too! I don't like any toppings on my salad. Stale, hard bread doesn't add anything besides calories. If I want bread with my salad I'd rather have a nice slice on the side.

@Noreenmarie1234 you don't like ANY toppings? What do you put on or in it?? I'm all about the toppings!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,848 Member Member Posts: 7,848 Member
    many...but Candy Corn (and all those little pumpkins too)
  • kilobykilokilobykilo Member Posts: 841 Member Member Posts: 841 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Papaya

One of the select fruits I like!
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Member Posts: 1,283 Member Member Posts: 1,283 Member
    For the sake or digestive comfort, I often need to peel those cucumbers, or remove at least some of the peeling, before biting into them.
    edited October 11
  • FourWindsWalkerFourWindsWalker Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Liver.

It was my favorite as a toddler... Go figure.
    random, but croutons.

@Noreenmarie1234 you don't like ANY toppings? What do you put on or in it?? I'm all about the toppings!

I mean like bread toppings like won tons, croutons, tortilla strips, nuts etc. I pile them up with veggie toppings!!
    edited October 11
    random, but croutons.

I mean like bread toppings like won tons, croutons, tortilla strips, nuts etc. I pile them up with veggie toppings!!

ah gotcha. I'm the same.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 250,032 Member Member Posts: 250,032 Member
    Brussel sprouts.. Ive tried lots of ways to eat them.. nope, I just don't like them.

Baby ones are slightly more palatable.. but still a no :(
    Brussel sprouts.. Ive tried lots of ways to eat them.. nope, I just don't like them.

one of my favorite vegetables!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 250,032 Member Member Posts: 250,032 Member

I try them every so often because I know tastes change over time, .. I never ate tomato till I was 30 and love it now 😁

I've not enjoyed them yet... maybe someday.

Kangaroo.. 🤢

I try them every so often because I know tastes change over time, .. I never ate tomato till I was 30 and love it now 😁

Kangaroo.. 🤢

I have heard kangaroo is awful... dry???

Kangaroo.. 🤢

I have heard kangaroo is awful... dry???

I find it really gamey /strong. I was told you have to cook it with strong flavours and its very easy to overcook.
    I've tried the sausages and steak.. yuck