30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @Gabiv125 Sure hope you can rest and relax this weekend and fully recover!

I had one of those nights last night. Wide awake until about 5:15, then had to get up about 6:30. I don’t normally drink caffeine after 1:00 but I sure did yesterday to help me get through the long drive. Paid for it with being wired/tired all night. This old gal needs her sleep!
    Really nice day today, even totally sleep deprived. Couldn’t go for my regular jog ( or cycle since I’m not home) due to total lack of energy for that. Had to settle for a walk. Listened to my body for once!😊

Exercise: ✅( not my usual but I’ll take it)
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅ ( not by much since my other daughter had us over and made homemade apple crisp, one of my FAVORITES!) Even if I’d gone over, it’d been totally worth it!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2020
    Day 114 (Friday)

Vacation/Maintenance Mode

I'm just taking it easy this week. We don't leave until Sunday, but I'm giving myself this week to relax, then hopefully be back to active weight loss mode on Thursday. Today I still ate my normal breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack. I ate one of our normal dinners but I didn't weigh it. Then I had a very, very modest slice of pumpkin cheesecake. I'm pretty positive this was all under my maintenance calories.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 115 (Saturday)

Tomorrow we officially leave for the beach for a couple of days. I did laundry, made a packing list, and started to pre-pack as much as I can. The kids are sooooo excited and I am actually looking forward to not sitting in front of a computer a smuch for a few days. Yay!

The scale was down after yesterday, so I'm coming back down from my reset day. I'm just really, really hoping to maintain this week. I'm being careful, but it sure feels good not to weigh everything for a little break. However, that's often how I get into trouble. Gotta be careful!
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    I had kinda been stuck in a stagnant mode for a week where weight had ben down to 184.6 but after a week or two of not really adhering to calories and going over a few times etc ive been trying to get back to it. Finally paid off with a whoosh. Last week was 185 on sunday (and tuesday), but I'm back to 182.8.

I dunno if i dare say it for fear of jinxing it but it seems like work is finally starting to slow down. Worked yesterday half day and then went home to clean the fish tanks up a little bit. While i waited for my ro/di water unit to make me some water, I watched some garbage show on netflix called the american book of secrets or something. Napped while that played in the background. Cleaned up my kitchen a bit had some decent lunch and then last night before heading to mats i took some self care time and shaved my legs, did a face mask, deep conditioned my hair, and put on some good smelling oil after the shower. Was overall a great saturday.

Slept in this morning though my back really hurts and i tossed and turned a lot because of that. Ready to help move the rest of the furniture out of the livingroom and bedrooms upstairs as he has someone coming to refinish the hardwood floors upstairs monday.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 116-119 (Sunday - Wednesday)

I will sign off for a few days because we're going to try to be "electronics lite" during our vacation. Wishing you all a great week!

@kcd394 Wow! That's quite a come-back after a week or two of stagnant mode. Maybe your body just needed a little maintenance to get kick started again?

@clutterqueen I hope you've caught up on rest after your trip!

@GabiV125 Are you feeling any better? Wishing you well!

@thelastnightingale How have you been feeling this week? Your walk outside sounds noce - I hope to have a few of those this week. Weather is perfect here <3

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @MommaGemz Really busy week at work - I need to do some bits later to get ahead of Monday. I'm so behind with so many things, but at the same time, I just completed a major project alongside my boss, and as complicated as it was, it was nice to actually collaborate properly with her. It's been a while since we did something like that, and it was quite satisfying.

Weight has been stubborn, but this always happens around/after my TOM. I know it'll start moving again soon.

Between being a little ill and being so busy at work, I've been so exhausted - it's been really nice to just flop around this weekend and do nothing, I feel better for it. Hope everyone's had a restful weekend - it does sound like we've all needed a bit of time to recharge.

Did the same as @kcd394 with some self care time. I have some replacement goodies coming during the week - bath soak, face masks, special conditioning masques - it feels indulgent keeping that sort of thing in stock at home, but it's also great to have a treat stored away that isn't edible.

Have a wonderful and well-deserved vacation, @MommaGemz. :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    @clutterqueen - sleepless nights are hard, especially after the 20’s are gone. You’ve been maybe a little too tired for your body to rest . A good walk always helps me too- I hope you caught up on sleep and got back to your routine
    @MommaGemz - it’s so nice to come from a great vacation to a clean and organized house! Wish you good weather and good fun with your family at the beach
    @kcd394 - great loss and don’t downgrade it to water loss, it’s weight loss that was camouflaged by the water retention. You’re doing great! Happy to hear that your work finally got to slow down to reasonable level.
    I did not sleep again, but I feel so good today. We visited some friends last night and stayed at the fire pit with good food and a drink , to almost midnight, just to wake up at 3:30AM. All that relaxed talk and laughs must have been exactly what I needed and didn’t know it.
    I’m listening to @MommaGemz advise to be more consistent and I’m doing the 100 Day Countdown to New Year- yesterday was day 11. The simple fact of writing down keeps me more grounded than the 100 diet starts before; I also go easy, just steps and eat my calories plus half my exercise. So far so good, a slight scale drop, which I’m ecstatic for, because I maintained since January. Also my gallbladder is nice to me again.
    Let’s tackle October ladies!
  • GabiV125
    @thelastnightingale - complicated group work projects can be so very rewarding, I hear you, just be careful to not let them eat your free time , like I did for years. You have stocked some self care indulgent items in the house? What a fantastic idea! Love it and will copy it.
    I feel like I’m stealing minutes for my self care, when there’s no going around anymore - did my eyebrows between laundry loads, washed my hair while things bake in the oven, that kind of thing. Schedule a couple of hours, sounds like luxury-I’ll report back when I get there.
  • kcd394
    Well its been a rough Monday. I got less sleep last night (i swear i do awful if i get less than 7 hours at LEAST) and got up early to commute the hour to work from mats place. Got there way early at 7:11 (supposed to be at 8) so i napped in my car a good half hour. It was pretty lovely to catch a little extra.

Was super busy again today and i definitely jinxed myself. This week's schedule is almost full to the brim already. I helped so many people, but had a tough euthanasia case today too. The first GDV I've seen (twisted stomach), but sadly the owners elected euthanasia. Very sweet dog and it was tough not to cry with them on that one. I did indulge in dark chocolate when i was finally able to sit down and chart things at the end of day. Didn't get to shovel in my soup til almost 230 for lunch, and i stayed even after the charts were written to type up some information for another owner of a dog with kidney disease. Finally left at 730 and didn't get home til 815. Its been a really long day.

I am making the regular things seem more like indulgences (deep conditioning hair, using a face mask vs regular wash without one, and spending time to really shave or pluck eyebrows etc) and trying to remember that i am deserving of some self pampering. It's really self care... but i can treat it like a celebration for surviving another day, especially if it makes me enjoy it more. I did also buy some nail stuff, and I'm planning on buying foundation to dabble in some light makeup. I do not and have not worn makeup ever. Only for weddings and stuff. That will be kind of an indulgence too and a celbration for getting back on the wagon.

Despite chocolate, 2 cheese sticks etc i did hold it to my calorie goal today and almost got to 6k steps.

Mat has informed me that i should start packing a backpack with about 20 lbs and walk on the treadmill with that to get used to walking and carrying my pack before deer hunting season. This will be my first time hunting since i was 12 and got my first deer, and apparently we have a couple miles to hike in to the deer stands... also non scale victory: i can definitely see that my belly is not as poofy in the mirror on the side view. Much smaller "food baby" than there used to be. Off to bed, goodnight all you goal slaying ladies!
  • clutterqueen
    I’ve been so tired at bedtime that I didn’t post last night and almost didn’t tonight. But didn’t want to start a negative habit.

Yesterday I got all my ✅’s and today’s:

Exercise: ✅
    Under: ✅

Exercise has been hard since I’ve been nursing a little Injury. Improving though. Hope to resume running/jogging instead of walking this weekend.

Rest well Everyone!
  • GabiV125
    @kcd394 - with all the stress at work you are eating within calories consistently, and found ways to unwind. This is big and you are definitely going in the right direction.
    @clutterqueen - sorry to hear about your injury. Take all the time you need to heal and be gentle with it. Weigh loss can wait, but health can’t. I love to see your dedication and your consistency, and love your posts!

Yesterday I was so proud of myself for eating in calories for 14 days in a row, which I think didn’t happen to me in easily a decade, that I got a little too confident. After I was done eating for the day, passed by the kitchen and gave in to a tiny taste, that turned into a bite, that turned into an hour . I paid with bad sleep and got a hand slap from my scale. Today and tomorrow will be busy days at work so I’ll be distracted enough to get back on the proverbial horse.
    Good luck everyone!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 120 (Thursday)

I'm Back! Vacation was nice, but not very restful at all. It was super great to have a few days without any need to do anything "productive." We played on the beach, read books, and napped. However..... the kids have unlimited energy and ran us to exhaustion every day. It was hard to sleep in a strange place and the naps didn't really help us recover. We also gave up all notion of eating healthy because the car was full and we decided not to pack the dinners I had planned. It was great also just eating whatever we wanted without weighing, tracking or worrying about the scale the next day. But.... getting on the scale this morning? Ouch!!

We got back yesterday morning and we all did NOTHING for the rest of the day. Even the kids were tired. Now we're back in the swing of things. We has school today, unpacked from the vacation, did laundry and I got right back on the dieting train. I have to say - I felt really satisfied after a few days of comfort eating, but this morning I felt bloated, greasy, and dehydrated. I did get in all my goals today, so hopefully over the next few days I'll feel "back to normal."

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • kcd394
    I was also too tired to post last night. Seems that despite some seriously busy and stressful days at work i am most days staying within calories. So yes @GabiV125 going the right direction. Decided i do like the overnight oats so had that again this week and the big batch of Italian sausage tomato zucchini soup saved me from poor choices this week. Last night i made some thai curry with chicken and rice since i really didnt get a lunch yesterday. The scale is finally agreeing that I've been going the right direction and I'm relieved that my week of effort is showing results again. Back down to 182.3 which is a new low for me (this go round...) Still have not done any exercise whatsoever because it's all i have left to even do self care and cook decent at home. Have been getting a little more sleep but not as much as i planned. I did paint my nails the other day as a treat for getting back on the wagon... i am terrible at it, but everyone at work was like "wow, is that nail polish?!" Apparently doing "girly" things blows my coworkers minds lol

@clutterqueen good to slow down and allow healing. Hopefully you'll be mended and ready to get back at it soon. Still getting those check marks though, good work.

@mammagemz glad you enjoyed the vacation even if the kids exhausted you. Welcome back!

TGIF I'm so ready for the weekend.

• MommaGemz
    Day 121 (Friday)

Oy. Today was busy AND I was exhausted. Both of my kids woke up in the middle of the night from nightmares, at different times, and I got up to sooth them both. DH usually helps (we rotate) but on days when he has to go into work early, I do the middle of the night response. So.... you know what happens. Sleep deprivation makes me want to nap and snack, and then drink more coffee. I successfully avoided all of those even though I had a mild headache most of the day. That was probably due to sleep deprivation or from carb/sodium withdrawal - or both.

Today was also "all the errands" day, so I can make Saturday a rest day. It is my goal tomorrow to finally catch up with y'all on this thread. This week has felt so weird and I will be so very happy to get back into my regular routine.

My father-in-law is also in the hospital with heart issues, so we're a bit nervous and planning for DH to make some trips to his home state over the next couple of months. 2020 has been a real kicker for sure.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • GabiV125
    Happy Sunday! I’m having, finally, a long weekend and I’m trying to fit in some unpleasant chores along with pleasant ones, so I’m busy, just not necessary excited busy.
    Plan is that after 5PM today I’ll just read with a hot pillow wrapped over my crazy acting shoulder.
    As far as weight loss, it’s very slowly going in the right direction, so I’m happy.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 122 (Saturday)

I'm starting to really reserve Saturdays as a Rest Day. No chores, no errands, no work, and just relaxing with the family. It has been really nice to have these the past few weeks. I actually feel rested during the weekend.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Not today
    Water - ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Day 123 (Sunday)

Okay. I've finally hit it. The point where my recent "slack" has caught up with me and I'm tired of it. I don't mean my Saturday rest days, I just mean that I haven't been weighing my food as diligently, or logging quite perfectly, or getting in all those steps. This also extends to work related stuff too. It's starting to show. I blame Tropical Storm Beta and the Great Breakdown. They just threw big wrenches into my routine. Not that some slack wasn't needed - I needed to recover and recuperate. But I feel I've had enough of that now. I'm still up 2 lbs and I can feel my fingers bloated. Now, I'm still focused on having work/life/diet balance so I don't burn-out and Break Down again, but I do need to still work toward my goals.

I also keep forgetting to mention the extra self-care inspired by @thelastnightingale - Yesterday I used a soothing clay mask before bed, because the sun and wind at the beach left my skin feeling wrecked. And I used a body lotion on my arms and legs to help give them some more moisture. The day before I gave my feet a nice pumice scrub down, because they have gotten really dry and cracked lately. I'll be giving myself a pedicure this evening, and starting to use my moisturizing socks. Self-care is fantastic! I have really missed it and stopped doing it because "I'm not going to be seeing anyone so...." It is also almost time to color my hair again, and I'd like to find a nice collagen, deep conditioner. Mmmmmm...

What are your favorite Self-Care products?? I'd love some other recommendations 👍

I let DH sleep in this morning while I got some work done on the computer. Then I headed out to the workshop to get some more work done. I really had to focus on stopping to get some steps in during the day, or I'd be doing them ALL at night, which sucks.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • kcd394
    Today I did my exfoliating face mask and lip scrub in addition to my regular routine cleaning and moisturizing. We took off to go for a hike at one of Minnesota's lovely state parks with a view, but seeing as its peak fall colors everyone else has the same idea. We got there and decided to go elsewhere because there was a line of traffic waiting to park. Went to a different lesser known place that was equally packed, but at least still had parking and miles of trails to keep people distanced. Hiked a really long ways (probably 5 miles ish) and then headed home. Friday night mat bought me indian food and yesterday we went out and i overdid it on the blooming onion and ate my whole plate of tuscan chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread. Today i was feeling and seeing the water retention... hopefully the whoosh comes in the next few days. Wanting to get back to walking every night to prepare for the hike in/out during hunting season... and also back to more diligently counting calories and cooking food. Also, I'm very much enjoying the self care things. Next week I'll be attempting to try make-up i think... and round two of this super flaky nail polish.

@mammagemz kinda feeling the same way, the gentle with myself approach has led to a little too much slack in logging and prepping etc. If i want the consistent results i was getting the first two months i have to do the consistent work i had been doing to get it. So more effort to keep on track is required, especially on the weekends. The good thing is we didnt backslide. Just have to ratchet up the effort a little to get going again.

@GabiV125 that hot pillow on the shoulder sounds like heaven. My lower back has been angry for weeks and a hot blanket or towel would feel fantastic i bet... wish i didn't have coin op laundry at my apartment so i could do that... think I'll go take a hot shower in hopes to loosen up the muscles after a long hike day.

Calories today: uh not sure but i think not too bad after the hike guesstimated dinner a little but i think i wasnt too far over
    Steps: x2 and then some (almost 14k today)
    Sleep: was better this week but not perfect only 2 days with less than 7 hours.

Here's to a productive week!
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz If you’re only up 2 pounds and can feel bloat in your fingers, then it’s more than likely all fluid retention from extra sodium. Extra water can flush that right out!

Glad you ( and everyone else) is taking time for self care! I for one am in desperate need of a manicure. My cuticles are ragged from all the extra hand washing and hand sanitizer. Unfortunately, whenever I try to do them myself, all I do is mangle them worse. Luckily, there is a salon nearby that I sometimes go to first thing when they open midweek and usually I’m the only customer. Everyone ( salon workers and customers) is required to wear a mask and we are separated from the manicurist by a large sheet of plexiglass, with a small slit to slide our hands through. I wear my N95 to be comfortable and then don’t worry. I think I’ll try to book an appt Tues or Wed.

@GabiV125, what’s going on with that shoulder? Sometimes shoulder pain originates from neck injury so be gentle. There are some wonderful yoga stretches that can be helpful. Let me know if you want to know my favorites.

@kcd394 The hike sounded nice! My hubby and I went for a hike this morning in the drizzle. Luckily the canopy of the trees kept us pretty dry.

I’ve been too exhausted to post much the past few evenings. I guess maybe I should just post the following morning instead.
    My one daughter has had me concerned. She’s been feeling really down. I just got back Thurs evening from spending a week with her. Almost got in my car to make the long drive again this morning. But she convinced me she’s just sad but still okay. I tell you what, this Covid and social isolation is doing a number on so many people, especially those who live alone, like her. Breaks my heart for young people and moms of young children, figuring out ways to deal with everything when carefree is a thing of the past. Hopefully, things will improve in the next several months, but not this fall or winter, it seems.

Hope everyone has a great start to the new week tomorrow!

Exercise: ✅
    Under: ✅ ( barely)

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @clutterqueen I hope you manage to book an appointment and enjoy something nice! It must be difficult worrying about your daughter, but I'm sure she's comforted by the knowledge you're just a phone call away.

@kcd394 I've had a couple of bubble baths and face masks - and even moisturised too, which is something I should do more often. However, I honestly can't remember the last time I put on makeup. I think if I tried now, I'd end up stabbing myself in the eye with a mascara wand. Well done on the amount of walking you've been getting in. :)

@MommaGemz I used to feel guilty about getting nothing done at the weekend. Now, my Saturday is officially a rest day, so I only feel guilty about not doing all my chores on a Sunday! I'm a work in progress, what can I say...?

@GabiV125 Hope that shoulder is starting to feel better!

Have some time off this week hopefully (depends on how busy work is and if I can actually take those days) and am hoping to get a little exercise in at some point.