Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Lose a stone in 21 days with Michael Mosley - opinions!

13»

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,451 Member
    But the studies cited challenge that view. The NHS in England are now paying for people to go on these very low calorie diets because of the evidence that it seems to help in the longer term. Yes, it goes against the grain of what we have thought for years! But I do think it's good that the thinking is open to change.

800 calories isn't as hard as it sounds, as the people on the programme showed (especially combined with lowish carb, intermittent fasting, etc., which maybe help with hunger).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    He qualified as a doctor some years ago since when he has been a medical journalist. His wife is a dietitian who worked in collaboration with a University team, I did not realise I would need to remember which one. I doubt very much if you have seen any of his broadcast output nor read any of his books. He is in the UK and I am fairly certain you are in the US.

A good chunk of UK television shows and books actually make it over to the colonies via the magic of re-broadcasting, video streaming, and international publishing deals. It's why I've got cookbooks by Nigella Lawson and have seen every episode of "Sherlock." I've actually watched a lot of BBC shows via BBC America, including some of the diet/lifestyle shows.

I wouldn't assume an American hadn't seen a show from the UK any more than I'd assume someone from the UK had never seen "The Biggest Loser" or read about the Atkins diet.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    As far as I can tell, he's recommended 800 cals & a keto approach

Insane...

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2020
    Deleted as image wouldn't posted but I can't see how to delete! 🤣
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2020
    @greyhoundwalker
    The Fast 800 recipe book.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    My parents are going to start this diet next week. I feel like it's going to be a challenge because it's so drastically different from how they currently eat.
    They are both obese so I'm really glad they're doing something about their health, but I'm not looking to living with them while they do it!
    I'm going to join them on the diet for a bit because I have 6 or 7 vanity pounds I want to lose but I'm going to have to eat bread and pasta while their not looking!
    Has anyone here actually done the diet?