Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

tortilla roll ups with melted string cheese

This was my go-to meal any time I skipped the family's dinner because I didn't like what they were having 🤣 I was the pickiest of picky eaters 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    I'm having something today I haven't had since I was 10 or so: kiwi! I used to love it as a kid but for some reason never bought it as an adult until now. I'm a little curious as to if it'll be as good as I remember it!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

This was my go-to meal any time I skipped the family's dinner because I didn't like what they were having 🤣 I was the pickiest of picky eaters 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm not even a picky eater and I still love this haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

My mom would make them for me with lots of franks hot sauce inside. She also made me pb&j and cream cheese & jelly roll ups for lunches.
  • pancakerunner
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

My mom would make them for me with lots of franks hot sauce inside. She also made me pb&j and cream cheese & jelly roll ups for lunches.

random but this reminds me of something my dad would always make... grilled cheese pepperoni sandwiches on the griddle
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Such a sweet thread and very fond memories

What I remember:
    My mom's blueberry muffins made from a box with "real blueberries" in a can that I got to help with
    My mom always making our biryhday cakes from a box mix whatever flavor we wanted. Unless they had enough money and we wanted ice cream cake from Dairy Queen
    Dad's " homemade" pizza made using a chef boyardue mix
    Dad's homemade tenderloins
    My aunts fudge and sugar cookies
    American chop suey
    Stroganoff and three cheese box mix
    Spaghetti with poor mans garlic bread= hotdog buns topped with melted butter and garlic salt
    Summer cookouts

My Dad would make box mix pancakes almost every Ssturday with bacon or sausage. Other mornings was cereal, leftovers, or nothing
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

The Frank's hot sauce is different, most kids wouldn't get near the stuff.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    vaman wrote: »
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

That's exactly what I thought upon reading this. I guess it's all what you get use to eating as a kid.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

That's exactly what I thought upon reading this. I guess it's all what you get use to eating as a kid.

Haha, I had strange tastes as a kid. I loved franks hot sauce so much, I would literally dump a half a cup on my chicken, veggies, tacos, anything so that it was swimming in it. I still love it and put it on everything from salads to veggies to soup. I don't like the heat/spiciness of it (I hate other spicy foods) just the flavor. I also liked to pour tons of vinegar on my french fries and drink it straight. I have a strange love for hot sauce and vinegar.

• Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

Haha, I had strange tastes as a kid. I loved franks hot sauce so much, I would literally dump a half a cup on my chicken, veggies, tacos, anything so that it was swimming in it. I still love it and put it on everything from salads to veggies to soup. I don't like the heat/spiciness of it (I hate other spicy foods) just the flavor. I also liked to pour tons of vinegar on my french fries and drink it straight. I have a strange love for hot sauce and vinegar.

I like Franks on scrambled eggs. It also makes some of the best fried fish or chicken tenders.
  • jrzgurl80
    jrzgurl80 Posts: 8 Member
    Grandma's homemade pierogis!
  • pancakerunner
    z0h4dtitnmi5.png

I used to be obsessed with Tabasco haha
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    j41p0hsn3dzb.jpg

Nothing I would eat ever now but growing up, kielbasa, saurcrout, rye bread and potatoes

• pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    j41p0hsn3dzb.jpg

Nothing I would eat ever now but growing up, kielbasa, saurcrout, rye bread and potatoes

I used to have kielbasa, sliced with ketchup and mustard. Actaully kind of craving it now
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    My big childhood comfort meal was grilled cheese and tomato soup. It had to be Kraft cheese on Wonder Bread--grilled with loads of butter--and paired with Campbell's tomato soup. After a day playing in the snow, that SO hit the spot. We also did something called 'Fast Food Fridays' where we hit up a different takeout place. Parents didn't want to cook after a long work week, and me and my three brothers looked forward to sitting around the table together, playing with our Happy Meal toys or bonding over a pizza. I miss those days.
  • pancakerunner
    My big childhood comfort meal was grilled cheese and tomato soup. It had to be Kraft cheese on Wonder Bread--grilled with loads of butter--and paired with Campbell's tomato soup. After a day playing in the snow, that SO hit the spot. We also did something called 'Fast Food Fridays' where we hit up a different takeout place. Parents didn't want to cook after a long work week, and me and my three brothers looked forward to sitting around the table together, playing with our Happy Meal toys or bonding over a pizza. I miss those days.

My favorite thing after sledding and playing the snow all day was a banquet chicken pot pie and campbell's alphabet soup
  • pancakerunner
    l8q96zb6a4iq.jpeg

BK Hershey’s pie after swim practice! ♥️
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member

The grilled cheese sandwich and Campbell's tomato soup, sure was good, in fact it was so good I had it for lunch on Friday... and yes it is still very good!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    g065vznuztl1.png
    o4wxcv6custg.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

The grilled cheese sandwich and Campbell's tomato soup, sure was good, in fact it was so good I had it for lunch on Friday... and yes it is still very good!

Absolutely! :) And I still love it!