happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    UkmllK.gif
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    giphy.gif
  • Diatonic12
    edited October 2020
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10813060/country-music-fans-unite#latest

I am not tooting my own horn :p but I started this today. Stop by any ol' time and post a song or ditty. Dew drop in.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    edpRPtw.gif?noredirect

First raw reaction to that.....
    pgj5fq7qw8jt.gif
  • Diatonic12
  • Diatonic12
    tf0alczavpi0.png
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    edited October 2020
    I had a pretty disturbing dream last night. It made (and is still making me) wildly uncomfortable due to content/intent.

It makes me seriously question if something deep down is wrong with me, although I know I cannot control my dreams.

Most of my dreams tend to head in that direction after a while. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    What kind of disturbing are we talking about? Disturbingly scary, like Stephen King's novels? Or disturbingly embarrassing like Stephen King's Twitter account?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I had a pretty disturbing dream last night. It made (and is still making me) wildly uncomfortable due to content/intent.

It makes me seriously question if something deep down is wrong with me, although I know I cannot control my dreams.

Most of my dreams tend to head in that direction after a while. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    What kind of disturbing are we talking about?

Hopefully without getting put in MFP jail for mentioning it: Murder, for one. Murder that I committed or was party to. The other two I'd rather not mention because I don't need internet strangers judging me based on things in dreams I can't control.

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member

Hopefully without getting put in MFP jail for mentioning it: Murder, for one. Murder that I committed or was party to. The other two I'd rather not mention because I don't need internet strangers judging me based on things in dreams I can't control.

Thoughts, words, and deeds, the statute blames with reason
    But surely dreams were never indicted treason

I've daydreamed about murdering people just because they made a slurping noise when drinking coffee. I think you can be forgiven for having a dream about it.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited October 2020

I've daydreamed about murdering people just because they made a slurping noise when drinking coffee. I think you can be forgiven for having a dream about it.

This made me chuckle. I've never gone to that extreme of murdering daydreams but I certainly use the 'turn my head, roll my eyes and curse under my breath, or gotta get up and walk away before I *do* grab a knife' a lot. Course then it depends who the coffee slurper is too.

I'm no psychologist or dream interpreter, though that would be pretty cool. But it sounds like if you're murdering people in your sleep, you might be looking for a way to take back control of your life? IDK.

I've had a lot of dreams of people chasing me and trying to kill me. But Kosmoskitten, I don't recognize you in them. :) And what's weird is the dreams seem to be repetitive, plus very real and memorable. :/

Good topic for another thread? Dream interpretation? It'd be interesting to hear others' input. Not to mention, added laughs. :blush:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    It snowed the other day, really heavy big flakes for a couple of hours. It was beautiful, people took pictures to share. I loved it. Then as soon as it melted I thought thank goodness that's over with.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

This made me chuckle. I've never gone to that extreme of murdering daydreams but I certainly use the 'turn my head, roll my eyes and curse under my breath, or gotta get up and walk away before I *do* grab a knife' a lot. Course then it depends who the coffee slurper is too.

I'm no psychologist or dream interpreter, though that would be pretty cool. But it sounds like if you're murdering people in your sleep, you might be looking for a way to take back control of your life? IDK.

I've had a lot of dreams of people chasing me and trying to kill me. But Kosmoskitten, I don't recognize you in them. :) And what's weird is the dreams seem to be repetitive, plus very real and memorable. :/

Good topic for another thread? Dream interpretation? It'd be interesting to hear others' input. Not to mention, added laughs. :blush:

I tried 3x to start a "Dream Interpretation" thread in Chit-Chat just now but the app keeps booting me out of the Discussion setup page (always once I tag you)

Being only 7am and lacking caffeine, know that I tried to help bring your vision to life but the universe won't allow it 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I tried 3x to start a "Dream Interpretation" thread in Chit-Chat just now but the app keeps booting me out of the Discussion setup page (always once I tag you)

Being only 7am and lacking caffeine, know that I tried to help bring your vision to life but the universe won't allow it 🤷🏿‍♀️

There was a thread at one time where you posted your dream and this mfper would tell you the meaning...
  • Diatonic12
    It could mean your body is feeling drained of energy. Dreams seldom make sense because they're rooted in emotions and not logic. Do you feel tired and drained. B)
  • KosmosKitten

That's why this was particularly dark, even for me. It wasn't my daydreaming about murdering someone who annoyed me or someone I even knew, it was the murder.. of a minor. A completely random child I did not know and have never known. There are some other issues with this dream that have me questioning things, honestly.

I understand it's a dream and I don't have a lot of influence on what I dream about, but I honestly can't even recall what I would have even been watching/reading to dream up that nightmare.

I also have questions. Was I the person who murdered her? Or was I merely an accomplice trying to hide evidence? Who would do that to a person? Why would I ever agree to help a murderer (IE. I wouldn't, so this dream is so out of character).

I suppose it's good that I question these things and that I worry about them as it shows I care enough to be bothered by it, but still. Just.. no. Why can't I have good dreams? :(
  • KosmosKitten
    edited October 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »

There was a thread at one time where you posted your dream and this mfper would tell you the meaning...

Hey, that thread was kinda fun. Problem was I think most people are probably like me where they don't consistently remember their dreams, so it's hard to provide "fuel" for the thread.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

That's why this was particularly dark, even for me. It wasn't my daydreaming about murdering someone who annoyed me or someone I even knew, it was the murder.. of a minor. A completely random child I did not know and have never known. There are some other issues with this dream that have me questioning things, honestly.

I understand it's a dream and I don't have a lot of influence on what I dream about, but I honestly can't even recall what I would have even been watching/reading to dream up that nightmare.

I also have questions. Was I the person who murdered her? Or was I merely an accomplice trying to hide evidence? Who would do that to a person? Why would I ever agree to help a murderer (IE. I wouldn't, so this dream is so out of character).

I suppose it's good that I question these things and that I worry about them as it shows I care enough to be bothered by it, but still. Just.. no. Why can't I have good dreams? :(

As I think it has been mentioned already, dreams aren't always literal. The child can represent innocence or curiousity, represent the inner you, or unresolved issues from your childhood. Heck, if you didn't have kids of your own, the kid could represent an intruder or visitor.

I'm not a dream interpreter by any means and I think there are sites for that online. However, my interpretations above came to mind before assuming you're prone to actual child murders 🤷🏿‍♀️