The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    So this is where all the MFP singles mingle? Well, guess I'm a little late to this party. But, hi.

This IS where the MFP singles hang out. And the coupled up folks who enjoy acting single online 🙄
    Welcome to the party. Grab a drink & feel free to mingle.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    What's happening? I mentioned that I am newly single (roughly six months).

I just moved out of my partners house after two years of living together. I am now living by myself, the first time ever. This will take some getting used to. How are yo all?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

I just moved out of my partners house after two years of living together. I am now living by myself, the first time ever. This will take some getting used to. How are yo all?

You moved outta ur parents house straight to living with someone else? 😮 Well, I think you'll like living alone. No one to tell you to pick ur clothes up of the floor. You can drink from the milk carton all you want.

Welcome to the singles thread!
  • cnb124
    cnb124 Posts: 40 Member
    I've been "single" for 2 years now. The reason for the quotes is because technically I'm still married, but separated, headed to divorce after we take care of a few things. I was married for 20 years. Went straight to his home from my mom's home. I have thoroughly enjoyed living by myself and will do so for a very long time.
  • J_NY_Z
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

You moved outta ur parents house straight to living with someone else? 😮 Well, I think you'll like living alone. No one to tell you to pick ur clothes up of the floor. You can drink from the milk carton all you want.

Welcome to the singles thread!

I moved from my Mom's house at 20 in with my ex wife. Then we divorced and my brother and I lived together. After a time I moved in with my former partner. It will take a lot of getting used to but so far I like being on my own schedule and in charge of my own destiny.
  • J_NY_Z
    cnb124 wrote: »
    I've been "single" for 2 years now. The reason for the quotes is because technically I'm still married, but separated, headed to divorce after we take care of a few things. I was married for 20 years. Went straight to his home from my mom's home. I have thoroughly enjoyed living by myself and will do so for a very long time.

Be kind to yourself, divorces are hard. Grieve and move forward.
  • J_NY_Z
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hi singles! I'm recovering from the mental shock of turning 40. I think I have just about wrapped my head around being a 40yo divorced mother of two

My life began after 40. So many things ahead of you. BTW: 40 never looked so good. ;-)

I agree.. shes a fabulous forty 🤗
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

I agree.. shes a fabulous forty 🤗

Aw you guys :smooched:

I need you both here for a group hug!
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    I moved in with my ex husband from my parents when I was 19. When we split 7 years ago, it was my first time living alone. The first while was difficult for sure but now I really like my own space. Granted, I have a moody 13 year old here half the time but I can’t imagine living with someone again. Bring in the cats I guess lol.
  • foster1503
    foster1503 Posts: 391 Member
    Was in a relationship for 18 years, married for the last 3 and separated for 14 months now.
    Where's the bar....
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    foster1503 wrote: »
    Was in a relationship for 18 years, married for the last 3 and separated for 14 months now.
    Where's the bar....

The bar is over there in the corner. I'll join you in a bit
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    i need a drink or two or three
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Same, just had 2 video calls with a woamn from okc, and got turned down
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    I don't drink much, and certainly not now that I'm on a calorie deficit. But I'll go to the bar to mingle. I'm amazing at self restraint.

I've been living alone for almost a year. Not coming from living with any partner, just roommates.
    I've been single for... a while.
  • seepersaud
    the wine has been poured
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Tequila ftw
  • seepersaud
    oh yea bring it on